Maybe a good bet(wvu hoops)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 18, 2009
wvu also signed the number 1 rated and no 5 rated jucos in the country, as well as adding mathews(a clear upgrade over teddy allen). anyway im just saying wvu may be flying under the radar and be a good bet to make cash.
They won't be under the radar. With Huggins style and coaching experience, they're never going to sneak up on anyone. However, replacing Carter is like saying ou will replace Baker Manziel and not miss a beat. Simply not going to happen.

He wasn't just the best defender in the conference, he was probably the best true PG in the conference if not the country. In terms of everything you want out of a PG there was no one I would have wanted more on my team, regardless of who I root for, in that role. He was also multi year player in the system. Acting like his departure won't affect your team is an insult to Mr Carter at the least and simply homerism at best.

He would have started on any team in America last year. You don't replace that with juco's and high school kids.

Oct 30, 2007
I am very excited for football but now I am also excited to see wvu in b-ball and hope to celebrate their first loss early.

Don’t worry nolaneer, you have yet to overtake aTm as most hated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
i think wvu will win the big 12 this year and have as good a shot as anyone to win it all. Team will be taller, faster, more athletic and deeper. wvu was best team in hoops last year for 35 minutes and then ran out of gas, that wont happen this year. Teddy Allen and a big man who played a lot were replaced with better athletes.

WVU does lose carter(taken 32nd in nba draft) and miles. However, they have a wealth of talent at guard this year, including some really good freshmen. Konate returned for 1 more year, and he dominated the backcourts last year. Now with a juco transfer wvu will have twin towers.

This is as good a team as huggins has ever had. the Mountaineers are 30-to-1. Duke is the current favorite (5-to-1), with reigning champion Villanova tied with Kansas and Kentucky at 8-to-1 not far behind the Blue Devils. Other Big12 teams in the list include Texas Tech (40-to-1), Baylor (80-to-1), Texas (80-to-1), TCU (80-to-1), Kansas State (200-to-1), Iowa State (200-to-1), Oklahoma (200-to-1), and Oklahoma State (300-to-1). you may want to lay a hundred or two on wvu to win it all.
Sorry for the necro-bump, but I just wanted to put this here. I'll anxiously await your response. :D

20181110_105918.png

Oct 30, 2007
I am very excited for football but now I am also excited to see wvu in b-ball and hope to celebrate their first loss early.

Don’t worry nolaneer, you have yet to overtake aTm as most hated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got to celebrate very early, simply awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
1.Buffalo is very good. they beat zona, a 4 seed, by like 30 points in NCAA's last march. What makes them good are their guards.

2. WVU has 1 guard with experience, and WVU was up by 13 points(and he had 20 points) when he gets hurt and had to leave game. Konate got hurt, left game too.

3. Behind Bolden, wvu has talented, but freshmen guards who were lost trying to guard Buffalo's shooting guard.

4. wvu has 7 new players. will take time to get chemistry. That said, without 2 key injuries WVU wins that game.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
1.Buffalo is very good. they beat zona, a 4 seed, by like 30 points in NCAA's last march. What makes them good are their guards.

2. WVU has 1 guard with experience, and WVU was up by 13 points(and he had 20 points) when he gets hurt and had to leave game. Konate got hurt, left game too.

3. Behind Bolden, wvu has talented, but freshmen guards who were lost trying to guard Buffalo's shooting guard.

4. wvu has 7 new players. will take time to get chemistry. That said, without 2 key injuries WVU wins that game.
Yea, that is what rebuilding years are like.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Well, you didn't disappoint. This post is the complete opposite of the one I quoted. You claimed no drop-off in guard play, now guard play is what caused a loss to Buffalo......BUFFALO!

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa

West...vir...Ginia...sucks!!!!

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

you totally contradicted your original post........... probably didn't realize that though, huh? so, you been over the buffalo message board yet?

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City

Lol this guy literally has 4 excuses. Can you not just say "Hey we didn't play well and lost"?

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK

Lay off the moonshine Nolaqueer

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
i think wvu will win the big 12 this year and have as good a shot as anyone to win it all. Team will be taller, faster, more athletic and deeper. wvu was best team in hoops last year for 35 minutes and then ran out of gas, that wont happen this year. Teddy Allen and a big man who played a lot were replaced with better athletes.

WVU does lose carter(taken 32nd in nba draft) and miles. However, they have a wealth of talent at guard this year, including some really good freshmen. Konate returned for 1 more year, and he dominated the backcourts last year. Now with a juco transfer wvu will have twin towers.

This is as good a team as huggins has ever had. the Mountaineers are 30-to-1. Duke is the current favorite (5-to-1), with reigning champion Villanova tied with Kansas and Kentucky at 8-to-1 not far behind the Blue Devils. Other Big12 teams in the list include Texas Tech (40-to-1), Baylor (80-to-1), Texas (80-to-1), TCU (80-to-1), Kansas State (200-to-1), Iowa State (200-to-1), Oklahoma (200-to-1), and Oklahoma State (300-to-1). you may want to lay a hundred or two on wvu to win it all.
Are you just trying to out-homer yourself with this or what?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I don't much like that we divide the board up into so many forums anyway. It buries things like the Joltin Joe story or the Baylor sexual assault stuff, to a forum that gets unnoticed. Although I understand the need to find a place to dump those from another school down south who take the time to come here, sign up, and tell us how obsessed we are with them (irony). I find myself going to a TCU or UT board to learn the latest on many Big 12 related news items.

Due to our fan base size it's already not a very active board. Then you divide it into the AV and um "others", next thing you know it's the same dozen posters rehashing the same debates.
Agreed, but still miles better than Robert Allen's board.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Wow, WVU is only marginally better than we are from a record stand point and worse than us from a NET rating standpoint. And we aren't anything to write home about.