Maybe a good bet(wvu hoops)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
WVU is relevant where it counts-TV ratings(which is why the Big 12 got to keep the same money even though it lost Aggies, mizzou, nebraska and colo.). had the big 12 added louisville like it wanted to, it would have lost a great deal of money.

If anybody found it difficult to look away from the TV during the Big 12 Tournament championship game, you weren’t alone.
The Kansas basketball team’s 81-70 victory over West Virginia at Sprint Center was the most-watched Big 12 championship game in 16 seasons, according to an ESPN press release. It drew the third-highest ratings on ESPN’s networks during conference tournament week, producing a 24 percent rating increase from last year’s Big 12 Tournament title game.
The Big 12 title game delivered 2.85 million viewers, according to Nielsen. The game even outdrew Duke-North Carolina’s matchup in the ACC Tournament semifinals (2.82 million).

The A&E series drew a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49, putting it 0.2 ahead of a primetime college basketball game (Kentucky vs. West Virginia) on ESPN. College hoops and related programming took up six spots in the top 25.

ESPN's College GameDay Covered by State Farm is headed to Morgantown, W.Va., on Saturday, Jan. 27, for ahead of the Big 12/SEC Challenge matchup featuring No. 18 Kentucky and No. 6 West Virginia

espn gameday has been to morgantown twice in hoops since it joined Big 12 and 3 times in football since it joined Big 12. How many times has gameday been to Stillwater since WVU joined?

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas
WVU is relevant where it counts-TV ratings(which is why the Big 12 got to keep the same money even though it lost Aggies, mizzou, nebraska and colo.). had the big 12 added louisville like it wanted to, it would have lost a great deal of money.

If anybody found it difficult to look away from the TV during the Big 12 Tournament championship game, you weren’t alone.
The Kansas basketball team’s 81-70 victory over West Virginia at Sprint Center was the most-watched Big 12 championship game in 16 seasons, according to an ESPN press release. It drew the third-highest ratings on ESPN’s networks during conference tournament week, producing a 24 percent rating increase from last year’s Big 12 Tournament title game.
The Big 12 title game delivered 2.85 million viewers, according to Nielsen. The game even outdrew Duke-North Carolina’s matchup in the ACC Tournament semifinals (2.82 million).

The A&E series drew a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49, putting it 0.2 ahead of a primetime college basketball game (Kentucky vs. West Virginia) on ESPN. College hoops and related programming took up six spots in the top 25.

ESPN's College GameDay Covered by State Farm is headed to Morgantown, W.Va., on Saturday, Jan. 27, for ahead of the Big 12/SEC Challenge matchup featuring No. 18 Kentucky and No. 6 West Virginia

espn gameday has been to morgantown twice in hoops since it joined Big 12 and 3 times in football since it joined Big 12. How many times has gameday been to Stillwater since WVU joined?
Great stats here. They mean nothing vs your this is a good bet topic of which you aren’t even betting.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
the problem with this is that you can't account for the number of people who watched for instance the Kansas Big12 championship game in hopes that Kansas lost not because West Virginia was playing. and the same thing goes for the Kentucky game you can't allot for the fact of just a bunch of people that wanted to see Kentucky lose not because they just wanted to watch West Virginia play.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
I could not find the post claiming that WVU had a richer basketball history than OSU ...... but Henry Iba alone (and his coaching tree) renders that argument completely ridiculous!!

Sep 24, 2004
Jenks, OK

I'm sure the fact that Kansas and Kentucky have nothing to do with those ratings for the basketball games...As far as gameday to Stillwater 3 times since WVU has joined and 6 total. WVU getting a gameday appears to be because they joined the Big 12... WVU first gameday was in 2011 because they were playing LSU where they got their asses handed to them.

Oct 30, 2007
https://twitter.com/osumbb/status/1015277948008427520?s=21

This would be exciting, but with WVU having 20 players including 7 walkons that will all be NBA lottery picks.............oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
ESPN: WVU Hoops a Top Five Team in 2018-19
ByCHRIS ANDERSON 6 minutes ago
(Photo: Ben Queen, USA TODAY Sports)

With fewer than 100 days left until the official start of the college basketball season, ESPN has released their initial Basketball Power Index, gauging the strength of this coming year's college basketball teams. The formula takes into account the "quantity of experience on the roster," the "quality of that experience," the "recruiting rankings for incoming freshmen, with an extra emphasis on five-stars," and a "coach's past performance." In the end, all of that spells out a top five ranking for West Virginia.

In the initial ranking, Big 12 foe Kansas comes in at No. 1, with Gonzaga, Tennessee, and Marquette rounding out the top four. Head Coach Bob Huggins and his Mountaineers come in at No. 5 with a 9.7 BPI rating, just ahead of North Carolina (9.5), Syracuse (9.3), Wisconsin (9.2), Duke (9.0), and Virginia (8.9).

Breaking it down to both sides of the ball, West Virginia ranks No. 14 nationally in offense and No. 4 in defense. Only four other teams in the country rank in the top fifteen in both - Kansas (No. 2 and No. 8), Gonzaga (No. 4 and No. 12), Tennessee (No. 8 and No. 5), and Wisconsin (No. 12 and No. 11).

Under Head Coach Bob Huggins, West Virginia has gone to the NCAA Tournament nine of eleven years, with four trips to the Sweet Sixteen and another appearance in the Final Four. The Mountaineers have gone to the Sweet Sixteen in three of the last four seasons and have been ranked inside the Top 20 in the final poll in each of the last four years. WVU has a combined 255-130 record since Huggins arrived in 2007-08.

West Virginia lost key starting guards Jevon Carter and Daxter Miles from last year's Sweet Sixteen squad, but returns three other starters in Sagaba Konate, Esa Ahmad, and Lamont West. Konate was viewed as a potential NBA Draft pick this past spring, but he chose to return to school. Ahmad is one of the highest ranked recruits to ever ink with the Mountaineers. And West even saw one publication list him as a future three-and-D first round pick in the NBA Draft.

The Mountaineers also brought in four-star big man Derek Culver, who has been one of the most coveted recruits in the country the last couple of years. He is originally from Ohio, but spent the past season at one of the top prep schools in the nation, Brewster Academy. Four-star guard Jordan McCabe dominated the competition in high school, and on the AAU circuit, coming up big when the stakes were the highest. His stock was still rising well into his senior year as more and more scouts got to watch him. Lefty wings Trey Doomes and Emmitt Matthews are expected to make a difference right away, too, as is 6-foot-10 junior college transfer Andrew Gordon.

The Mountaineers open the season at home against Buffalo on November 9th.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Well my mind has been changed, I will no longer be rooting for all big12 teams in noncon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, but, here's the thing. Jerry West is the current NBA logo. So if you have a favorite NBA team that you root for, then that means every time you root for them, you're also rooting for the West Virginia basketball program. Nolaeer taught me these things. I am now enlightened lol.

Oct 30, 2007
Well my mind has been changed, I will no longer be rooting for all big12 teams in noncon.

Yeah, but, here's the thing. Jerry West is the current NBA logo. So if you have a favorite NBA team that you root for, then that means every time you root for them, you're also rooting for the West Virginia basketball program. Nolaeer taught me these things. I am now enlightened lol.
The logo will soon mean little as in 5 years every starting player in the NBA will be from WVU.

Sorry, I forgot by that time Grier will have over 40,000 yards in the nfl, of course after throwing for over 12,000 this year in college.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
lol. why the hate? You cant be good at everything. Might as well root for a team that has a shot at unseating kansas.
You have no shot to unseat Kansas, get real. I would root for wvu if they played a watchable brand of basketball. Fouling the shit out of the other team on defense and jacking up bricks on every non-fast break possession is not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk