Max Duggan - TCu from IOWA 4*

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Our fan base's desire to take out the big plays to justify how bad our team is is very fascinating.
They are too young to remember that Barry scored a lot of the time in the same way. He could carry the ball 12 times for 45 yards and then take one to the house. Then he might carry it 6 more times for 24 yards and then rip off a cross country run. In the mean time Gundy could hit Hart Lee Dykes for a 40 yard touchdown.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Someone on Twitter clipped this as the moment Trace Ford broke Duggar’s finger. Ouch!
View attachment 74682
Seemed to me, looking at the screen, that his hand was swelling by the end of the game. And he didn't want to watch the trainers work on it. (Don't blame him,) Reminded me of Josh Fields coming off the field with a pinkie dangling almost unattached, and getting it reset, then going in to toss a touchdown pass. Can't even remember the opponent, just that moment.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Just watched the 96 yard run

TCU had 8 run first box players
Field safety was 4 yards deep the cloud corner was 6

In fact, they shifted their 1 and 3 techs to stop the exact play we ran

We were in trips with a tight end

We ran a simple inside zone.
and he broke it b/c he is the best running back in the country. never thought I'd read on here, someone complaining about using the best RB in the country too much. SMH....................

Aug 7, 2006
Seemed to me, looking at the screen, that his hand was swelling by the end of the game. And he didn't want to watch the trainers work on it. (Don't blame him,) Reminded me of Josh Fields coming off the field with a pinkie dangling almost unattached, and getting it reset, then going in to toss a touchdown pass. Can't even remember the opponent, just that moment.
He dislocated his thumb, I think, his freshman year in Norman. He came out for a few plays while they fixed it on the sideline... then came back and the rest is history.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
He dislocated his thumb, I think, his freshman year in Norman. He came out for a few plays while they fixed it on the sideline... then came back and the rest is history.
The pinkie was in Stillwater. And it looked UGLY coming to the sideline...

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
The 2nd half had to do with 2 runs

1 of which happened because TCU run a stunt wrong

At least according their coach.

The rest was not very good

I"ve already said that

And no.....
I don't think Patterson made adjustments to firce us to run to beat them as I said earlier as well

I just got through watching the 1st hlaf and it was absolutely bad ass in terms of how we atracked them.

It's the blue print of how we need to use Sanders

Sanders played really, really well in the 1st half

The fade to Stoner was a dime

The tining pass to Wolf was really, really good

The play he made to get the ball to Stoner on the long touchdown was great

The way he ran was great.
Don't care what Patterson said. For the 92 yard run they had 8 in the box and I didn't see anybody moving on a stunt. O line blocked D line and caught secondary just enough that he was able to split the LB's and go. He either did this or almost did on all the long runs to one side or the other - if he could split them quick enough and get passed the LB's he was gone.

Ah in your "inside zone" post you said basically the same more technically. I agree.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
The most costly bust was the guy from Edmond. Kolar. He must have been just absolute garbage to be immediately jumped by Wudtee, Woods, Cornelius, and pretty much every other QB brought in over his four seasons.

And he was a 4 star super recruit, high school all American.
He was from Norman North HS. The guy we had from Edmond was pretty good but he was before Yurcich.

Aug 7, 2006
Correct. Joined his brother at ISU after leaving OSU. Thought his brother was going to singlehandedly beat us a couple of weekends ago.:eek:
That's a guy we probably should've made a better effort to recruit, but then we don't really use that position so maybe it wouldn't have mattered.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The most costly bust was the guy from Edmond. Kolar. He must have been just absolute garbage to be immediately jumped by Wudtee, Woods, Cornelius, and pretty much every other QB brought in over his four seasons.

And he was a 4 star super recruit, high school all American.
He was from Norman North HS. The guy we had from Edmond was pretty good but he was before Yurcich.
I think we took kolar, just so we could take one from the gooner's backyard.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk