Max Duggan - TCu from IOWA 4*

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I will say that when he scrambles, hes protecting the ball a lot better. Thats a nice improvement. Once he starts learning to get the ball out of his hands quicker, we will have a lot of big gain pass plays. He hasnt learned yet that he has to throw to the spot his receivers will be. He is late letting the ball go and allowing dbs time ro catch up.
Yes, he protected the ball much better. Agree with all of this.

Nov 14, 2010
We had 2 more possessions in the 2nd half and scored the same amount of points

Hubbard had right at twice as many carries in the 2nd half and Sanders had right at half the amount of carries in the 2nd half then he did in the first.

We attempted 1 less pass in the 2nd half with 2 more possessions.

Hubbard doubled his amount of carries in the 3rd quarter while Sanders only had 1 carry

All that while scoring the same amount of points with 2 extra possessions

We leaned on Hubbard in the 2nd half and it worked this time as he had 193 yards.

But, we were more efficient in the 1st half when we were spreading it around better and running better scheme.

Effiicieny has more sustainability

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Zac Robinson was a 3 star dual threat QB out of hs that truly progressed while at OSU. His Frosh year he had less than a 50% completion rate and a 125.3 QB rating. By his Jr year he completed 65% of his passes, generating a 166.8 rating, and was also a legitimate run threat. His stats fell back a little his Sr year as he played with injuries. Durability, especially in college, is always a potential issue with dual threat QB's.

Patience. We seem to think we are the only team that suffers through some tough early times with a young QB. He has had one truely bad game, and it was a stinker versus Tech. Part of the issues there is it was poor showing by the team as well. That game cost us dearly this season as Tech hasn't won another conference game. Right now we could have been in the hunt for the Big 12 crown had we won that game.

We are playing better football on both sides of the ball and were able to overcome several starters being out to win over a pretty good team. Yeah, we have progressed.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
First half was the best half of the year schematicallyn

2nd half was all or nothing that relied on 1 guy to bail it out

This is not a good plan for sustainability.
That's your opinion. You have the right to be wrong. Believing that Fat Pat doesn't make coverage adjustments is your prerogative. We won the game by scoring more in the second half (the "failure half") than the other team did.
The one thing that I’m surprised happened was Spencer’s carries declined in the second half. One reason Chuba only got 8 carries in the first half is that Spencer was running well. They need to find a balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
The one thing that I’m surprised happened was Spencer’s carries declined in the second half. One reason Chuba only got 8 carries in the first half is that Spencer was running well. They need to find a balance.

Agreed

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

That's your opinion. You have the right to be wrong. Believing that Fat Pat doesn't make coverage adjustments is your prerogative. We won the game by scoring more in the second half (the "failure half") than the other team did.

You don't think 19 carries vs 20 carries is balance? Just asking.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010

Balance between players per half

Like I said....
We leaned on Chuba in the 2nd half and it hit twice, but in doing so made our offense less efficient

Last edited:

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Balanced by game. Not balanced by either half. Some of Spencer’s carries also weren’t on designed or option runs. The first half they were

I think the coaches went in at half time and realized the best player on the field only touched the ball 8 times

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

We had 2 more possessions in the 2nd half and scored the same amount of points

Hubbard had right at twice as many carries in the 2nd half and Sanders had right at half the amount of carries in the 2nd half then he did in the first.

We attempted 1 less pass in the 2nd half with 2 more possessions.

Hubbard doubled his amount of carries in the 3rd quarter while Sanders only had 1 carry

All that while scoring the same amount of points with 2 extra possessions

We leaned on Hubbard in the 2nd half and it worked this time as he had 193 yards.

But, we were more efficient in the 1st half when we were spreading it around better and running better scheme.

Effiicieny has more sustainability
What were the advanced efficiency stats?

One might think taking what the defense gives you is efficient. Gundy sad it was going to happen going into half. What he said worked.

Nov 14, 2010
What were the advanced efficiency stats?

One might think taking what the defense gives you is efficient. Gundy sad it was going to happen going into half. What he said worked.
Hubbard had 13 carries for 193 in the 2nd half

154 of that was on 2 runs.

That means he averaged 3.5 yards per carry on all the rest of his carries

That's explosive, but it's not efficient

You really think at half Patterson said
"Hey guys..... I know their best receiver is out, I know their qb has been turnover proned, I know they have the Nation's leading rusher, but let's make sure they don't throw to beat us. I don't care if Hubbard beats us in the run game as long as they don't throw to beat us"

Of course that's not what his adjustments were.

They missed on a stunt and ran it wrong which parted the waters for one of the cross country runs.

I actually haven't watched it back, but going with what Patterson said about it.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Hubbard had 13 carries for 193 in the 2nd half

154 of that was on 2 runs.

That means he averaged 3.5 yards per carry on all the rest of his carries

That's explosive, but it's not efficient

You really think at half Patterson said
"Hey guys..... I know their best receiver is out, I know their qb has been turnover proned, I know they have the Nation's leading rusher, but let's make sure they don't throw to beat us. I don't care if Hubbard beats us in the run game as long as they don't throw to beat us"

Of course that's not what his adjustments were.

They missed on a stunt and ran it wrong which parted the waters for one of the cross country runs.

I actually haven't watched it back, but going with what Patterson said about it.
Like I said...
We rushed for 307 yards against Patterson's defense, most of which came in the second half. If you don't think that had anything to do with adjustments and scheme

Well.....
You're not as smart as you think you are.

Also...
Chuba is the first back to rush for more than 200 yds against a Patterson defense. I don't give a damn if he did it with 2-99 yd runs and a lot of 1 yd runs. Missed on a stunt is a lame excuse.

So...
This is fun typing like this.

Nov 14, 2010
Like I said...
We rushed for 307 yards against Patterson's defense, most of which came in the second half. If you don't think that had anything to do with adjustments and scheme

Well.....
You're not as smart as you think you are.

Also...
Chuba is the first back to rush for more than 200 yds against a Patterson defense. I don't give a damn if he did it with 2-99 yd runs and a lot of 1 yd runs. Missed on a stunt is a lame excuse.

So...
This is fun typing like this.
The 2nd half had to do with 2 runs

1 of which happened because TCU run a stunt wrong

At least according their coach.

The rest was not very good

I"ve already said that

And no.....
I don't think Patterson made adjustments to firce us to run to beat them as I said earlier as well

I just got through watching the 1st hlaf and it was absolutely bad ass in terms of how we atracked them.

It's the blue print of how we need to use Sanders

Sanders played really, really well in the 1st half

The fade to Stoner was a dime

The tining pass to Wolf was really, really good

The play he made to get the ball to Stoner on the long touchdown was great

The way he ran was great.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2010
Just watched the 96 yard run

TCU had 8 run first box players
Field safety was 4 yards deep the cloud corner was 6

In fact, they shifted their 1 and 3 techs to stop the exact play we ran

We were in trips with a tight end

We ran a simple inside zone.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
Must we complain about something? The goal of playing isn't to give Hubbard rest or get Sanders pass attempts or make sure the experts on Orange Power give a passing grade (which I'm convinced is impossible anyway) - the goal is to win the game. Depending on how your team is playing or who has the hot hand, you have to adjust. We won the game- period. Our defense is improving, Sanders is limiting mistakes and we have a couple games ahead we should be favored to win. If you can limp through 2019 and win 8-10 games with the youth we've got, you have something tremendous to build on.

Nov 14, 2010
Must we complain about something? The goal of playing isn't to give Hubbard rest or get Sanders pass attempts or make sure the experts on Orange Power give a passing grade (which I'm convinced is impossible anyway) - the goal is to win the game. Depending on how your team is playing or who has the hot hand, you have to adjust. We won the game- period. Our defense is improving, Sanders is limiting mistakes and we have a couple games ahead we should be favored to win. If you can limp through 2019 and win 8-10 games with the youth we've got, you have something tremendous to build on.
100% agree

I made that exact statement about 8 or 9 wins earlier.

I'm actually very excited about how we used Sanders in the 1st half.

I would rather have an offense that scores because it's efficient like the 1st half vs. an offense that relies on big plays like the 2nd half.

That's the discussion here. It's nit about complaining.

Nov 14, 2010
2nd long run wss the exact same play out of the exact same formation.

And....
Again...
TCU had 8 in the box
Their field and cloud cornet were both in the box playing run.

Our line just simply whipped their ass and Chuba broke an ankle tackle.

Damn Chuba is good

Trying to defense the speed of both Sanders and Hubbard is a nightmare for defenses

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Just watched the 96 yard run

TCU had 8 run first box players
Field safety was 4 yards deep the cloud corner was 6

In fact, they shifted their 1 and 3 techs to stop the exact play we ran

We were in trips over meaning we had a tight end away from the trips.

We ran a simple inside zone with everyday zone blocking.
2nd long run wss the exact same play out of the exact same formation.

And....
Again...
TCU had 8 in the box
Their field and cloud cornet were both in the box playing run.

Our line just simply whipped their ass and Chuba broke an ankle tackle.

Damn Chuba is good

Trying to defense the speed of both Sanders and Hubbard is a nightmare for defenses
Sooo...
On 2 separate plays TCU had the exact defense for the play the Pokes called up and our offense blocked correctly and Chuba ran it to the house...

SOUNDS PRETTY DANG EFFICIENT TO ME!