Max Duggan - TCu from IOWA 4*

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
This Dude does not seem to need, as Mr. Grundy say QB needs: 15 games to get it to slow down. Just watched the TX/TCU. Guy was on fire. I do believe these hot shots get these once in a lifetimes games, sometimes - passes through multiple D hands, pin point pass never seen before. I hope MR. Duggan had that game last Saturday and does have the Fresh-regress. He can run & throw at this point - that has always been a - not good day for us.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
When all else is equal, the team with the better quarterback usually wins. This game will come down to which quarterback plays better on Saturday. Sanders showed some improvement against ISU.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
When all else is equal, the team with the better quarterback usually wins. This game will come down to which quarterback plays better on Saturday. Sanders showed some improvement against ISU.
I don't think all things are equal though. I think line play will define this game like ISU. We need both sides of the ball to get push big time. We need time and holes on offense, and we need the defense to keep getting into the backfield.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I don't think all things are equal though. I think line play will define this game like ISU. We need both sides of the ball to get push big time. We need time and holes on offense, and we need the defense to keep getting into the backfield.

Yes and most of TCU's lines on both sides of the ball have been plagued with injury. Their DL is awful. Our DL has hit a stride, combined with improvement from the secondary and they have been without two starters on the OL for a couple of weeks.

Pokes are going to win by two scores.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
This series has been characterized by 1 of the teams greatly underperforming. It seems every year this looks like a pretty good match up and some one forgets to show up. Even though our overall records, since they joined the conference, are similar, and many years we ended near each other in the standings, we have only had 1 game that was decided by single digits. And even that one was misleading.

It's their turn to not get off the bus.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Comparing YTD stats:

Max Duggan: 99 of 169, 58.6%, 1147 Yds, 6.8 Y/A, 11 TD, 1 INT, 135.9 Rating
Spencer Sanders: 134 of 214, 62.6%, 1739 Yds, 8.1 Y/A, 13 TD, 10 INT, 141.6 Rating

Sanders has thrown a little more than Duggan, and Sanders has a little higher completion percentage, Max slightly less yards per attempt but nearly the same TD's. Big difference is interceptions and what is not shown, fumbles. Apparently INT"s don't hurt you much as Sanders has a slightly higher QB rating. If he learns to take care of the ball and when to throw the ball away or run and not force it in there, Sanders will be a significantly better QB than Duggan.

If we have no INT's and no QB fumbles I think we win.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Agreed, but when was the last time that happened? Probably non-con if at all this year.
True, but Sanders has improved game by game. He had the one bad decision and throw in the last game, so maybe this is the one. And depending on when and where on the field it occurs, we can probably get away with one INT or fumble, but if we get multiple TO's out of the QB spot we will struggle.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Yes and most of TCU's lines on both sides of the ball have been plagued with injury. Their DL is awful. Our DL has hit a stride, combined with improvement from the secondary and they have been without two starters on the OL for a couple of weeks.

I hope you are correct.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Like all games with this team, this year, turnovers will define it....Get more than we give? we win...give more than we get? It's a battle. This is a team that we are better than...it's about the turnovers. So far we are 0fer vs Texas teams in 2019...we NEED to change that Saturday.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
This Dude does not seem to need, as Mr. Grundy say QB needs: 15 games to get it to slow down. Just watched the TX/TCU. Guy was on fire. I do believe these hot shots get these once in a lifetimes games, sometimes - passes through multiple D hands, pin point pass never seen before. I hope MR. Duggan had that game last Saturday and does have the Fresh-regress. He can run & throw at this point - that has always been a - not good day for us.
Someone needs to inform Patterson that a quarterback needs at least 15 games before he can play in the Big 12.
What's wrong with the Ft. Worth media? Don't they have someone that can get the message out to Gary and anyone else in the BIg 12 that thinks they can start a freshman quarterback and hope to have any success.
How do these people get jobs coaching?!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

That is, if we don't turn the ball over 5 times.