Massey predicts 8 of our games by 7 pts or less...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
WR a push? that's weak sauce. Why? Tryon Johnson's just no loss at all?
OL much better no question Again, given who we've played, I don't know.
QB has how many yards in 2 games? He's looked great, no question, vs. nobody.
I agree on RB but 2019 Hubbard is better than 2018 Hill Tend to agree, but you had 2 RB's last year. This year, not yet.
DL depends on if Darian Daniels was playing without DD its a push But he's playing in Lincoln, & until Antwine gets in the mix, they're not better than last year's unit.
LB Malcom Rodriguez is playing like a machine. Right, & we have no clue when Bundage will be back.
I think 2019 is better than 2018 even though we have yet to be challenged by an opponent, including a P5 opponent.
I agree that I think the ceiling's higher than 7-6 with this group, but I think it's really early to find it inconceivable that we could lose in Austin.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It's Kool-Aid, or something stronger, if you can't even see this being a loss. I mean, seriously?

You wanna just make blanket statements & say "we have an improved team this year"?? Based on what so far?

I hope you're right & that we win, but it's ultimate homer stuff you're spouting here.
I will be pissed if we allow a team to beat us that we have dominated for nearly a decade...that is NOT homer stuff. Homer stuff is UT being favored by 64% over a team that has owned them...especially in Austin. Do I think it's a pushover...NO WAY...but it's 50/50 at least for a fact.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I will be pissed if we allow a team to beat us that we have dominated for nearly a decade...that is NOT homer stuff. Homer stuff is UT being favored by 64% over a team that has owned them...especially in Austin. Do I think it's a pushover...NO WAY...but it's 50/50 at least for a fact.
inconceivable meaning: 1. impossible to imagine or think of: 2. extremely unlikely: 3. impossible to imagine or think

You flat out said you can't see this being a loss, based on beating them 4 straight (guess we've got zero shot at OU, right?), & that we're better than last year.

I agree with you that it's closer to 50/50.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
how is it Kool-Aid to expect us to beat a team we beat last year when we have an improved team this year??? It's only Kool-Aid because the media is all over UT...We SHOULD expect to beat teams that we have beaten 4 times in a row and four (or is it five, I've lost count) times in a row in Austin...
5. 4 in a row anywhere, 5 in Austin.

It will be hard to duplicate last year's effort.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I can see us losing this game, yes. I don't find that inconceivable at all.

Are we better at QB? Who knows right now.

RB? Hill & Hubbard last year vs. Hubbard & who? Brown? We're not better there yet at all.

WR? Probably a push so far, imo.

OL? I think we'll be better ultimately, but can't honestly say given our opponents.

DL? No way we're better at this point.

LB? No way we're better at this point.

DB's? Another push, imo.

So, no, I don't necessarily think we're worse, but I have no idea how anyone can unequivocally say we're better than we were in game 8 last year.

I'm not really going out on a limb here with any of this.
At QB, we’re better. It may be a push on passing but Sanders’ legs absolutely give him the advantage over TC last season.

RB, I’d say a push considering Hill was hampered with an injury pretty much all season and then sidelined for the last four games. But RB numbers are also predicated based on OL performance aaaaand...

OL, we are DEFINITELY better here. Throw Cowboy Backs in here as well because they are a massive improvement in blocking over last season.

WR is a push.

DL worse but only because of DEs. Push at DT.

LB, hard to tell without 2 best due to injuries.

DBs, better.

So yes, I’d say overall better. And hopefully that comes with better discipline as well.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
At QB, we’re better. It may be a push on passing but Sanders’ legs absolutely give him the advantage over TC last season.

RB, I’d say a push considering Hill was hampered with an injury pretty much all season and then sidelined for the last four games. But RB numbers are also predicated based on OL performance aaaaand...

OL, we are DEFINITELY better here. Throw Cowboy Backs in here as well because they are a massive improvement in blocking over last season.

WR is a push.

DL worse but only because of DEs. Push at DT.

LB, hard to tell without 2 best due to injuries.

DBs, better.

So yes, I’d say overall better. And hopefully that comes with better discipline as well.

Hope you're right on all of those.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I dont even think we have seen a sliver of the offensive playbook at this stage. Im guessing we will be opening up to page 2 for Tulsa and then Texas will receive a full dose of Sean Gleeson.
I'm hoping we'll see a backup RB emerge against Tulsa. Brown has been very tentative as he approaches the line and his total yards show it.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I can see us losing this game, yes. I don't find that inconceivable at all.

Are we better at QB? Who knows right now.

RB? Hill & Hubbard last year vs. Hubbard & who? Brown? We're not better there yet at all.

WR? Probably a push so far, imo.

OL? I think we'll be better ultimately, but can't honestly say given our opponents.

DL? No way we're better at this point.

LB? No way we're better at this point.

DB's? Another push, imo.

So, no, I don't necessarily think we're worse, but I have no idea how anyone can unequivocally say we're better than we were in game 8 last year.

I'm not really going out on a limb here with any of this.

Lee Harvey -- I want to party with you!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This is definitely bump-worthy.

Always great to revisit the great analysis gleaned from games against Oregon State & McNeese.

Yep, no WAY this team loses in Austin. I mean, heck, we've beat them 4 in a row!