Massey predicts 8 of our games by 7 pts or less...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Looking at the latest updated Massey Ratings for our season....

- Predicts comfortable wins by OSU over Tulsa and Kansas.
- But in our other 8 conference games, they predict us going 4-4 with all 8 games being decided by 7 points or less.

I think this is going to be a REALLY exciting season for our Cowboys. I suspect there are going to be many games decided in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. With Chuba and Wallace, we have as good of skill position players as probably anybody in the country. The question will be how fast we progress at QB. If things come along for Spencer, we have a really good shot of going into Bedlam with only 1 or 2 losses....

Massey Ratings:
https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5912&s=308075

Oct 30, 2007
I can't argue too much with their predictions. I would flip the Texas Tech & West Virginia predictions though. I think we're much more likely to lose in Lubbock than Morgantown. The Iowa State game will be very winnable as well if they don't play a lot better than they played in their first game.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

- But in our other 8 conference games, they predict us going 4-4 with all 8 games being decided by 7 points or less.

I think this is going to be a REALLY exciting season for our Cowboys. I suspect there are going to be many games decided in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. With Chuba and Wallace, we have as good of skill position players as probably anybody in the country. The question will be how fast we progress at QB. If things come along for Spencer, we have a really good shot of going into Bedlam with only 1 or 2 losses....

Massey Ratings:
Everybody has a good offense. Defense needs to separate us from the herd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I can't argue too much with their predictions. I would flip the Texas Tech & West Virginia predictions though. I think we're much more likely to lose in Lubbock than Morgantown. The Iowa State game will be very winnable as well if they don't play a lot better than they played in their first game.
We'll see how they handle GameDay on Saturday. Didn't handle expectations very well against UNI, but they've had a strange bye week to get ready for Iowa.

HWalk56

Greenhorn
Aug 23, 2019
Houston
No way WVU beats us - they are a pile of hot garbage this year. Other than that, I can agree with the rest. Hoping we can go to Bedlam with only 1 - loss

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

Massey Ratings:
I don’t understand his logic. We scored over 50 points in each of our first two games with new quarterbacks. Does he not think that we will eclipse those numbers at any point in the season especially against Kansas or West Virginia?

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Chances to win according to ESPN FPI Index.

At Tulsa - 80%
At Texas - 36%
K-State - 62%
At Texas Tech - 55%
Baylor - 61%
At Iowa State - 52%
TCU - 77%
Kansas - 97%
At West Virginia - 78%
OU - 31%
That TCU win percentage is pretty shocking. Especially compared to Baylor’s win percentage.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Not buying this crap! But, I'm loving all of the underdog inattention at this point. That'll go away once we beat UT in Austin AGAIN!!
It's so easy for these pickers to read a couple of preseason hacks thoughts, then regurgitate it back out like they invented the sh*t.
Keep UT and the rest thinking they don't have to worry.

I'm actually fired up to see what Gundy comes up with that he's been hiding with the patsies.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm with Burton on the UT deal...just don't see that as being a loss...more less only having a 36% chance to win where NONE of these players have EVER lost. I'm FAR MORE concerned with the next game at home vs KSU.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Man, I love some kool-aid, but come on.
how is it Kool-Aid to expect us to beat a team we beat last year when we have an improved team this year??? It's only Kool-Aid because the media is all over UT...We SHOULD expect to beat teams that we have beaten 4 times in a row and four (or is it five, I've lost count) times in a row in Austin...

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
how is it Kool-Aid to expect us to beat a team we beat last year when we have an improved team this year??? It's only Kool-Aid because the media is all over UT...We SHOULD expect to beat teams that we have beaten 4 times in a row and four (or is it five, I've lost count) times in a row in Austin...
It's Kool-Aid, or something stronger, if you can't even see this being a loss. I mean, seriously?

You wanna just make blanket statements & say "we have an improved team this year"?? Based on what so far?

I hope you're right & that we win, but it's ultimate homer stuff you're spouting here.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
It's Kool-Aid, or something stronger, if you can't even see this being a loss. I mean, seriously?

You wanna just make blanket statements & say "we have an improved team this year"?? Based on what so far?

I hope you're right & that we win, but it's ultimate homer stuff you're spouting here.
I mean...is it? Do you think this team is worse than the team that beat Texas last season?

Do you think Texas is significantly better this season than last season?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I mean...is it? Do you think this team is worse than the team that beat Texas last season?

Do you think Texas is significantly better this season than last season?
I can see us losing this game, yes. I don't find that inconceivable at all.

Are we better at QB? Who knows right now.

RB? Hill & Hubbard last year vs. Hubbard & who? Brown? We're not better there yet at all.

WR? Probably a push so far, imo.

OL? I think we'll be better ultimately, but can't honestly say given our opponents.

DL? No way we're better at this point.

LB? No way we're better at this point.

DB's? Another push, imo.

So, no, I don't necessarily think we're worse, but I have no idea how anyone can unequivocally say we're better than we were in game 8 last year.

I'm not really going out on a limb here with any of this.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
WR a push? that's weak sauce.
OL much better no question
QB has how many yards in 2 games?
I agree on RB but 2019 Hubbard is better than 2018 Hill
DL depends on if Darian Daniels was playing without DD its a push
LB Malcom Rodriguez is playing like a machine.
I think 2019 is better than 2018 even though we have yet to be challenged by an opponent, including a P5 opponent.