Mason2Washington continues

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life and am really trying hard not to be too emotional about what happened last night. But, boy it is tough not to consider trading in my Fins card for a Steelers card right now...

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life and am really trying hard not to be too emotional about what happened last night. But, boy it is tough not to consider trading in my Fins card for a Steelers card right now...
You too?

Come on, guys. Fanhood is a sacred bond.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
With the NFL I can. No real connection to any of those teams anyway.
Same here. I've tried to pick a team to be a fan of, but I can't. No connection. I pretty much don't care about the NFL at all and just casually watch games here or there. Didn't care about the NBA until the Thunder came here and sure as hell don't care about MLB.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
With the NFL I can. No real connection to any of those teams anyway.
That makes me sad.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Nothing to be sad about. My favorite NFL teams have always been the ones with the most OSU Cowboys on them. That’s consistently been the case the entire time I’ve watched the NFL.

Dec 6, 2013
Ditto. I was a Dallas fan until Jerry ruined them. With Dez and Dan and others I was starting to care again but not now that Dez is gone.
Jerry ruined them? Lol

I hear that a lot from the old timers, but Jerry actually fixed them and won 3 Super Bowls before he ruined them. I'll always be a fan of Troy, Emmitt, Irving, and Jay Novacek.

Mar 8, 2010
Not going to get on the Steeler Band Wagon yet. Learned by lesson with Weeden, Blackmon, Randall, and others who for whatever reason didn't have success in the NFL. Will stay with the Cowboys and Vikings until some former OSU Cowboy achieves Barry, Thurman or Leslie status.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Not going to get on the Steeler Band Wagon yet. Learned by lesson with Weeden, Blackmon, Randall, and others who for whatever reason didn't have success in the NFL. Will stay with the Cowboys and Vikings until some former OSU Cowboy achieves Barry, Thurman or Leslie status.
I mean there has to be a happy medium between total bust and hall of famer.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
It's really not sad.

I think almost all OSU fans have a special bond with the Pokes. Most of us spent ~4 years in Stillwater and that time laid the foundation for much of our adult/professional lives. Others are probably Oklahoma residents who see the evil of the Sooner Empire and have chosen to join the good guys. If one of us were to walk away from that, it would be sad.

And I can see how some people might have something similar with a pro team. Life long Cubs fans, for instance. Or somebody who grew up in Wisconsin and love the Packers.

But for a lot of us (especially those of us from Oklahoma) we choose a pro team to cheer for because of far more shallow reasons. Maybe a surface level like/dislike of a certain player or coach. Or a city we happen to live in currently. Nothing sad about walking away from something like that.