Marcus Watson

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 9, 2005
Oklahoma
Haven't heard anything on basketball player Marcus Watson lately. He's set for a hearing in court on victim's protective order request on Jan.17. How bad will the facts found by the judge have to be for Watson to be done at OSU? And what about the Title IX review?

BTW, there will still be 14 conference games left after Jan 17th.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
Have no Information or direct knowledge, but my thoughts are.....if there is a hearing for the protective order on the 17th, Mr. Watson playing days I think are over. If the victim is still pressing forward with this matter after all this time, then more than likely he will be doomed by title 9

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Have no Information or direct knowledge, but my thoughts are.....if there is a hearing for the protective order on the 17th, Mr. Watson playing days I think are over. If the victim is still pressing forward with this matter after all this time, then more than likely he will be doomed by title 9
I don’t know why you would say this. The plaintiff didn’t show for the hearing in November and it has been continued by mutual agreement of the parties since then.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
The DA has already decided that there was not enough evidence to pursue any other charges. This is only about the P.O. The real holdup is the Title IX investigation and findings.
If the plaintiff would have not showed up for the first hearing the PO would have been dismissed. A P.O. against you is huge. For one, you can not own or ever posses firearms. It's a big deal. The defense tactic is always to drag these out, hoping the plaintiff will soften and they can make some arrangements outside of the court room. In my first post, IMHO, if she still wants to pursue this after this amount of time, my guess is Mr. Watson playing days at OSU are probably done. Title 9 is a mess. He is not a football star and this in not OU.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
If the plaintiff would have not showed up for the first hearing the PO would have been dismissed. A P.O. against you is huge. For one, you can not own or ever posses firearms. It's a big deal. The defense tactic is always to drag these out, hoping the plaintiff will soften and they can make some arrangements outside of the court room. In my first post, IMHO, if she still wants to pursue this after this amount of time, my guess is Mr. Watson playing days at OSU are probably done. Title 9 is a mess. He is not a football star and this in not OU.
He’s not going anywhere. Those around the program have supported Marcus during this whole situation. If title 9 drags this out they will just redshirt him.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
He’s not going anywhere. Those around the program have supported Marcus during this whole situation. If title 9 drags this out they will just redshirt him.
I have no idea one way or another. My guess is you dont either. Title 9 has been known to favor the accuser. But since this is not going away, she must feel like she was wronged. We will know alot more next Friday. If the judge makes the P.O. a permanent order.....I think then he is probably gone.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
I have no idea one way or another. My guess is you dont either. Title 9 has been known to favor the accuser. But since this is not going away, she must feel like she was wronged. We will know alot more next Friday. If the judge makes the P.O. a permanent order.....I think then he is probably gone.
Nobody knows what’s gonna happen but him not being charged by the DA was considered enough to not kick him out of school. Boyton and the athletic program is supporting him and this situation. RA has talked about this a little bit and it’s assumed that once the P.O is lifted title 9 can complete its investigation. If title 9 clears him this season then he will play, if they don’t then he will redshirt.