Marcus Watson transfers to New Mexico State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
I’m a big fan of coach B, but from my count that’s 5 players that have basically been removed from team b/c of conduct, in his three years as HC. That’s not counting ”normal” transfer activities that take place. Never going to win like this. I don’t know what the answer is, but he has to get this figured out.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I can’t imagine he’ll be in high demand in the portal with the amount of baggage he’s toting. The other coaches will surely take a guilty until proven innocent stance on this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 8, 2008
OKC
I’m a big fan of coach B, but from my count that’s 5 players that have basically been removed from team b/c of conduct, in his three years as HC. That’s not counting ”normal” transfer activities that take place. Never going to win like this. I don’t know what the answer is, but he has to get this figured out.
It happens all the time to programs throughout the country. We just don’t hear about it.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
If the plaintiff would have not showed up for the first hearing the PO would have been dismissed. A P.O. against you is huge. For one, you can not own or ever posses firearms. It's a big deal. The defense tactic is always to drag these out, hoping the plaintiff will soften and they can make some arrangements outside of the court room. In my first post, IMHO, if she still wants to pursue this after this amount of time, my guess is Mr. Watson playing days at OSU are probably done. Title 9 is a mess. He is not a football star and this in not OU.
This is how it always works, he probably couldn't cut a deal, so he is leaving before he is expelled.

Aug 16, 2012
This is how it always works, he probably couldn't cut a deal, so he is leaving before he is expelled.
Or he could be leaving because no matter what happens, even if he is completely exonerated, he will have the stigma of the situation forever being brought up. I do not think it is a coincidence that he entered the portal just after his apartment gets ransacked by a guy that was once a part of the team. He could be guilty and running, or innocent and knows it is time for a fresh start outside of Payne County.

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
Or he could be leaving because no matter what happens, even if he is completely exonerated, he will have the stigma of the situation forever being brought up. I do not think it is a coincidence that he entered the portal just after his apartment gets ransacked by a guy that was once a part of the team. He could be guilty and running, or innocent and knows it is time for a fresh start outside of Payne County.
His apartment got ransacked on October 21. Luke was charged on December 11th.

Oct 30, 2007
OSU basketball: Marcus Watson transfers to New Mexico State following semester-long ban from Title IX investigation

From the article:
The university’s student conduct committee ultimately determined that “sexual intercourse did not occur” and “effective consent was not provided by the complainant for sexual activity beyond kissing.” The committee ruled Watson “was responsible for non-consensual sexual assault.”

According to documents, Watson and the female student were both out with friends on Oct. 19 when they returned to his on-campus apartment. There, they engaged in sexual activity. According to statements from both the female student and Watson to campus police, she became uncomfortable, told Watson to stop, and he stopped.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't know why he would be accused of rape if he stopped when she asked him to stop. The article could be leaving a lot of details out though, so who knows. It's hard to form an opinion on something like this because only 2 people really know what happened.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
she became uncomfortable, told Watson to stop, and he stopped
I'm guessing/hope there was a lot left out of this article, otherwise he was victim of #metoo. Based on the previous Luke Major's information there may have been a bad situation brewing so the ban was by the title iX was initiated. He probably did the right thing to transfer, but you can't help but think he got the short end of the stick b/c he was an athlete.
My question is was she allowed to continue at OSU while this was going on? Is Luke Major's still attending OSU? If you can read between the lines is there something else goin on that may have not went in his favor?