Manafort gave polling data to a Russian, and lied about it.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I love the evolution of responses to this

It is from a left source and question it authenticity

Learn it was info from documents filed in Mueller probe and legit...then

It isn't a smoking gun! And giving out polling data isn't illegal!!

Haha it's damn near the same strategy Trump has played out on all stories about himself in this investigation

Fake news! , I didn't know!, Ok I did know but it isn't illegal!

Now we just need someone to claim that Manafort can pardon himself

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You have no problem with a campaign manager giving polling data to someone in another country?

Why would someone in another country need to see it? Give me one good reason.
Polling data isn't a state secret bro. You can collect polling data. I can collect polling data. Anyone can collect polling data. The Russians themselves can collect all the polling data they want. It is as simple as calling people up and asking "who are you going to vote for?" The mystery is why the freak lie about it. It isn't much different than giving them a ham sandwich.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
So you guys seriously think that the head of the campaign for a major party candidate is handing over internal polling data a former FSB operative (does anyone really leave the FSB) that is equal to that which can be found on the internet with a quick google search? For no particular reason?

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't think it proves anything yet. After all, we really have very few details about what was actually passed along and we won't for a while. Although to summarily dismiss it is ridiculous.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This isn't about polloing data..the reason it is a thing is because he lied about it originally and claimed he never gave Russians polling data
And this is inevitably the problem with these types of broad investigations that have free reign to go in any direction. They ask thousands of questions, many of which are not really even that important, and then they get payoff by catching somebody lying about one of them. More often than not, the punishments from these witch hunts are not for the crimes they are enacted to go after, but in fact simply catching politicians lying about something. That is EXACTLY how Clinton got impeached.

Smart people may start to wonder if that is the entire point of these investigations.......just a way to use an imagined crime to take out their political opponents through perjury charges.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
President Obama traded emails with the Secretary of State over an un-secure network using ficticous names and lied about it.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Here is what we should do from hence forth.

One year before a Presidential election all candidates offices and those of their campaign staff should be bugged by the FBI.

FBI agents responsible for overseeing the bugs for each candidate should be in opposition to the candidate, the more vial their opposition the better.

Immediately upon election a special counsel should be appointed to investigate the President and any one associated with him past and present, regardless of their connection to the President.

Investigation should last until the President leaves office.

The Special Counsel would be staffed with judges and lawyers formly under the employee of the opposition candidate.

Leave out anything?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Here is what we should do from hence forth.

One year before a Presidential election all candidates offices and those of their campaign staff should be bugged by the FBI.

FBI agents responsible for overseeing the bugs for each candidate should be in opposition to the candidate, the more vial their opposition the better.

Immediately upon election a special counsel should be appointed to investigate the President and any one associated with him past and present, regardless of their connection to the President.

Investigation should last until the President leaves office.

The Special Counsel would be staffed with judges and lawyers formly under the employee of the opposition candidate.

Leave out anything?
you might have that backwards........ one year before a Presidential election all candidates should bug the FBI and DOJ offices... that might actually fix some of the problems.