Man Who Refuses to Pay Taxes Until Planned Parenthood Is Defunded Wins Huge Court Victory

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Who isn't other that the person in the article?
Townie you need a couple more years in public schools for reading. Notice the word "extra" as in more than required. I guarantee I am not paying a penny more than required. I don't pay more just because this guy doesn't pay. And he will pay when the government stops paying baby killers.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Are you trying to say you're glad and happy to have to pay taxes to help poor people?
The funny thing about your parroted line of rhetoric on this issue is that I want to significantly reform the system to get rid of the waste, fraud and abuse and make it easier to care for the truly needy and not bankrupt the country in the process which wouldn't be good for anybody, including the poor. You on the other hand seem to be just fine with the current broken system in which a majority of the money goes to people who either don't need it or could make a living just fine with a little effort and common sense, while the truly needy sometimes fall through the cracks.....not to mention adding to a national debt that is unsustainable by future generations, and will lead to everybody being poor. So you tell me, which of us is more glad and happy to help the poor?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
As for the original topic, I can't imagine this decision will be upheld but it does raise an interesting question. What happens when we have single payer in regards to abortions? Right now, tax dollars are not supposed to fund abortion and PP maintains plausible deniability saying only private donations fund abortion (even though I think it's a load of crap, it does follow the letter of the law if not the spirit). But when we have single payer, it is unavoidable that tax dollars will pay for abortion and you may have a whole lot of people pull similar stunts to this guy and some would be willing to go to jail over that belief. The left might want to put more though into this than just "well send out the goons with guns to arrest them" before they inevitably take over our health care system.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
As for the original topic, I can't imagine this decision will be upheld but it does raise an interesting question. What happens when we have single payer in regards to abortions? Right now, tax dollars are not supposed to fund abortion and PP maintains plausible deniability saying only private donations fund abortion (even though I think it's a load of crap, it does follow the letter of the law if not the spirit). But when we have single payer, it is unavoidable that tax dollars will pay for abortion and you may have a whole lot of people pull similar stunts to this guy and some would be willing to go to jail over that belief. The left might want to put more though into this than just "well send out the goons with guns to arrest them" before they inevitably take over our health care system.
the ruling was about the IRS over stepping their collection authority with their strong arm tactics, not whether the guy owes money.

Townie phrased the heading to make it look like something other than it actually is.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Why would it be unavoidable? There are plenty of medical procedures and medical care that aren't covered in single payer systems.