Man enters Springfield Wal Mart in body armor carrying a rifle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
A man has been arrested after walking into a Springfield MO Wal Mart dressed in tactical clothing, wearing body armor, and carrying a rifle

An off duty fire fighter drew his gun and held the man at gun point until the police arrived as shoppers panicked

Police said the man had over 100 rounds of ammo on him and was clearly there to cause chaos

It is unclear if or what charges he could face as this isn't necessarily illegal in Arkansas

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/nat...cle_95d7b08d-e908-52cf-a3ac-5aa796f274e5.html

Jul 22, 2011
I wonder if the guy will claim he was just trying to be prepared in case there was another mass shooting?
Crazy times.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Republicans against gun control better figure out what makes guys go out of control and do such a thing. Not everyone wants to walk out the door every morning well armed and well armored.
A bit of advice to you then Townie...

Don't drive anywhere... EVER. Better yet, don't get in a vehicle at all. You might live longer.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
A bit of advice to you then Townie...

Don't drive anywhere... EVER. Better yet, don't get in a vehicle at all. You might live longer.
So what you're trying to say is nobody needs to understand more as to why these shooters do what they do and try to prevent it. If you're not brave enough to live amongst these shooters every day like you do thousands of people killed by car accidents, then you might as well leave the country.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So, a CC holder stopped a bad man. People protecting people. A job well done. Thank you, sir.
How was the man going into Wal Mart a bad guy again ? He may not face any charges as it isn't clear he did anything illegal

It very well may end up being a good guy with a gun pulled a gun on another good guy with a gun resulting I. A waste of tax payer money and police resources

Be damn happy the firefighter didn't panic and shoot this moron cause then the story might turn out, good guy with a gun kills another good guy with a gun......and would be used by gun control advocates to no end to further the gun control debate

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The suspects name is Dmitriy Andreychenko and he is 20 yrs old.

He is being charged with making a terroristic threat which in MO is defined as taking an action which knowingly and recklessly disregards the risk of causing an evacuation, action that results in the quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation.

In Feb he posted on social media he hated Wal Mart due to their changed policy of not selling rifle and shot gun ammo to anyone under 21 yrs of age. Saying he couldn't buy ammo at the store but could legally walk in with a loaded .40 cal with no questions asked

He used his social media pages to promote protection of the 2nd amendment, often posting the Latin phrase Molon Labe which means "come and take them" He had posted several memes in support of Trump (which means his life is about to become a Media Circus), critical of gun control and against Planned Parenthood

He was an avid hunter and posted several videos of himself shooting his hunting rifles and occasionally pistols

He is from Portland Oregon where he graduated from high school and was studying to become an EMT at Ozark Technical Community College

1565375804994.png

1565376058572.png

Aug 16, 2012
I have to admit the optics are bad....really bad, but what did he do that was actually against the law? Asking honestly, not meant as a defiant statement. Is it against the law to carry a weapon in Missouri? (If so, how do you get it out of the store?) Double-checked what others have posted and did not see that the gun was loaded. Was it? Can it be legally in that environment? Is there a limit as to how much ammo someone can have on them at any one time?

I am not saying he should not have been stopped, I am just trying to figure out what he did that was wrong. Yes, he could have gone ape-shit, but how do we know that he would have? This is far from a cut-and-dried problem.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I have to admit the optics are bad....really bad, but what did he do that was actually against the law? Asking honestly, not meant as a defiant statement. Is it against the law to carry a weapon in Missouri? (If so, how do you get it out of the store?) Double-checked what others have posted and did not see that the gun was loaded. Was it? Can it be legally in that environment? Is there a limit as to how much ammo someone can have on them at any one time?

I am not saying he should not have been stopped, I am just trying to figure out what he did that was wrong. Yes, he could have gone ape-shit, but how do we know that he would have? This is far from a cut-and-dried problem.
I would think the only thing they could possibly get him on is disturbing the piece. He did cause the manager to pull the fire alarm to evacuate the building (unless I'm mixing stories in my head). Personally, I don't think this guy was trying to pose any threat. I think he was just being a dick like other people that do things just because "it's their right". If he's such an avid gun supporter then he's a complete moron because he didn't do a damn thing but help the gun control argument with his stunt.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
So, am I crazy or wasn't there just recently another incident with a "white" guy that had a Russian sounding name?...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but geez is this not some kind of over-the-top caricature type of people? It's almost enough to make me believe in false flags.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
There are people who really want this country to go full-fledged civil war and/or martial law scenario. I own guns. I've never even considered pulling them out for anything but target practice, thank God. I will defend my family and my home, but I cannot imagine going out and trying to find victims to unload on.

Right, left, center, religious, atheist, whatever labels there are evil people amongst us with the will to do deadly harm. I don't understand it at all. There is a lot I believe in deeply. There are things that I abhor in society, but I don't have a license with or without a gun to go on a spree inflicting my will on others.