Major Baseball Announcement Tomorrow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Other than Mississippi State, who else do we compete with as far as baseball facilities are concerned?
In terms of creature comforts and the training areas for the players, ours will be at or very near the top. In terms of gameday atmosphere, we'll have a long way to go to match places like LSU, Missisippi State, etc.

As much as I hate to say it, the best combo of facility and atmosphere, from what I've seen and experienced, is probably Fayetteville. It's amazing how much that fan base has rallied around baseball given their lack of history relative to places like OSU, UT, etc.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
This really deserves it's own thread but I was reading the Allie P wiki and found a couple of things I had not heard before.

Henry Iba, coach of the baseball team, first noticed Reynolds when he was practicing his javelin throws. Iba asked Reynolds to throw batting practice while his pitchers recovered from sore arms. Without taking any warmup pitches, he struck out the first four batters without any making contact.

Reynolds was drafted by the New York Giants of the National Football League as a halfback . Since Reynolds preferred baseball to football, and felt he could earn more money playing baseball, Reynolds opted not to sign.
It’s too bad that Iba didn’t see Garth Brooks throwing a javelin. Just think what he might have become.