Major Baseball Announcement Tomorrow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 12, 2007
Tulsa, Okla.
SO AWESOME.

Can't wait for this. We're gonna have a top 10 baseball facilities in the country again. EDIT - for those who haven't seen it yet, here's the pic that went with the announcement:

baseball.jpg

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Construction vehicles have been busy at the corner of Washington Street and McElroy Road in Stillwater -- the proposed site of Oklahoma State’s next baseball stadium.

On Thursday, the university will make an official announcement about the program’s future.

Oklahoma State published a teaser image showing a partial mockup of the new baseball stadium on Wednesday along with the revelation that an announcement is planned for Thursday at 1 p.m.
Link

Also, here's what Bill Haisten previously wrote about it...

“The most accurate and honest thing I can tell you,” sixth-year Cowboy coach Josh Holliday said, “is that the site is being prepared for an amazing college baseball stadium.”

OSU athletic director Mike Holder has not divulged the cost of the project, the identity of the primary source or sources of funding or any information related to the design.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
My first reaction was the same one the Tulsa World had in its writeup - that looks a lot like ONEOK Field. And I'm perfectly fine with that. The building/patio along the left field line is reminiscent of the Bricktown Ballpark.

Just from the first image, it looks like a good-sized park that's designed to host postseason games, which is exactly what it should be. It doesn't look to be as big as some of the SEC parks, but that's OK.

I haven't heard a peep on a name yet? I know a lot of people will want to keep it Allie P, but I don't think that will happen.
It won't. This wouldn't be getting built if someone hadn't given enough to get the naming rights.

To be fair, though, Allie's name was only on the stadium because he gave a lot of money to that project. That's been forgotten since Allie had baseball accomplishments that could be celebrated.

Nov 12, 2007
Tulsa, Okla.
My first reaction was the same one the Tulsa World had in its writeup - that looks a lot like ONEOK Field. And I'm perfectly fine with that. The building/patio along the left field line is reminiscent of the Bricktown Ballpark.

Just from the first image, it looks like a good-sized park that's designed to host postseason games, which is exactly what it should be. It doesn't look to be as big as some of the SEC parks, but that's OK.
Yeah the rendering does look a lot like ONEOK, which yeah... would be just about perfect, IMO. ONEOK is awesome and I assume they will have some berm-type seating in the outfield that could really ramp up capacity for Regionals and/or Super Regionals.

It won't. This wouldn't be getting built if someone hadn't given enough to get the naming rights.
Yep. That's just how it works these days... and that's fine. If AT&T or Cox or whomever putting their name on it is what gets us a state-of-the-art baseball facility then so be it.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha

To be fair, though, Allie's name was only on the stadium because he gave a lot of money to that project. That's been forgotten since Allie had baseball accomplishments that could be celebrated.
IIRC, the original discussion was that the stadium would actually have slightly less fixed seating than Allie P (something like 3500 vs. 4000), but will have berm, outfield, etc. seating that will make it sizable enough to compete for regional hosting.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
Sounds like the announcement is being made at the Greenwood Tennis center.....So that makes me think it will be "Greenwood stadium"? We'll see.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I haven't heard a peep on a name yet? I know a lot of people will want to keep it Allie P, but I don't think that will happen.
I propose to call it "(Insert Company/Donor Name Here) Stadium" and Allie P. Reynolds Field to keep his name associated. He is truly one of the nicest humans I ever met BTW. Kind of like they did Eddie Sutton Court in GIA. Seems fitting to me.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
IIRC, the original discussion was that the stadium would actually have slightly less fixed seating than Allie P (something like 3500 vs. 4000), but will have berm, outfield, etc. seating that will make it sizable enough to compete for regional hosting.
I remember seeing that tossed around the boards. Looking at that rendering, there aren't as many rows, but the seats extend down the lines a lot further than they do at Allie P. Add the suites to that, and that number may not be far off.

Last edited:

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
Jan 5, 2012
Regardless of the stadium name, they should put up a statue of him in front of the stadium, preferably in a pose of his pitching delivery.
1522257938633.png