Mad at Gundy threads merged

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Funny how wins don't matter, only hatred for the coach. Funny how records don't matter. Funny how getting what we asked for from a coach is now a big failure.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Funny how one win and people think it's a cure-all. It was a good win. Baylor and Tech were sh.. t shows. Beat ou and then we can talk Lay another egg against them, and face the reality that we are not going to "play for championships' the way Boone envisioned. Whether that's because of Gundy, the behemoth to the south or some other variable/excuses is the big debate.
Well, technically two wins. I didn’t think we would beat Iowa State or TCU after the way we played against TT and Baylor. I think these two wins offset the previous two losses and get us back to where many of us thought we would be. We’re on track for 8-9 wins this season, which is about where I thought we’d finish. Hopefully the winning trend continues and we’re 8-3 going into Bedlam.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I agree that Gundy has gotten a little more lax over the years, AND I see a big difference in him this season as compared to the couple of seasons prior to this. He does seem more passionate and determined than he did some years ago. He was PUMPED about this win on Saturday b/c of the overcoming of adversity against a team that was starting to hit it's stride. I still think he's the man for the job.

CaymanS

Wrangler
Oct 20, 2018
OKC
Well, technically two wins. I didn’t think we would beat Iowa State or TCU after the way we played against TT and Baylor. I think these two wins offset the previous two losses and get us back to where many of us thought we would be. We’re on track for 8-9 wins this season, which is about where I thought we’d finish. Hopefully the winning trend continues and we’re 8-3 going into Bedlam.
9-3 would be fantastic. Not going to argue with that.

CaymanS

Wrangler
Oct 20, 2018
OKC
Funny how wins don't matter, only hatred for the coach. Funny how records don't matter. Funny how getting what we asked for from a coach is now a big failure.
Funny how after 15 years and aTop 11 salary we have one win against ou and one title but anyone who brings that up is labelled a "hater" while the mediocrity-lovers get a pass.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Funny how one win and people think it's a cure-all. It was a good win. Baylor and Tech were sh.. t shows. Beat ou and then we can talk Lay another egg against them, and face the reality that we are not going to "play for championships' the way Boone envisioned. Whether that's because of Gundy, the behemoth to the south or some other variable/excuses is the big debate.
and I don’t think this year’s Bedlam will I dictate our future against OU. Our QB will be more experienced over the next 2-3 years and our coordinators will have transitioned fully into their roles (hopefully successfully). Dickey is already working wonders with the O-Line and is getting some impressive commits.

Honestly, I anticipate we lose Bedlam this year. I’ll be really frustrated if we can’t win 1-2 against OU by the time Sanders graduates.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Funny how after 15 years and aTop 11 salary we have one win against ou and one title but anyone who brings that up is labelled a "hater" while the mediocrity-lovers get a pass.
OK, there you have it. You still judge the season by one game. Also, how many titles BEFORE Gundy?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
No, what's funny is you dismissing a win over a ranked team on the road.

I've been as critical as anyone of Gundy, but you really look like a clown right now.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
i think you might be my old friend @cowboyethics344. your whine and his are distinctly similar. and the inferiority complex you display when it comes to ou is spot on..............

OrangeT

Wrangler
Jul 18, 2013
Not saying I’m any happier about being a middle of the road team than you are but how many national championships has Matt Rhule won? Should we at least wait to see if he wins the B12 before we make him an example of what we could have had? And, if he does win the B12, can he sustain winning it every year? Is he going to make Baylor one of college football’s blue bloods? Nothing against Matt Rhule, BTW. Seems to be a good coach, but could insert any coach’s name that has some success with a program like Baylor but generally moves on to another bigger program rather than turn a program into a perennial powerhouse.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Funny how in the last 15 years, millions of dollars have been pumped into Big XII coaching salaries, but the teams rarely win against ou and capture the conference title but anyone who brings that up is labelled a "Gundy-lover" while the whiners get a pass.
D15F8059-8041-4DDB-90E6-5CF2F95AF73E.jpeg

OU’s dominance is a conference-wide problem. It isn’t isolated to us and Gundy.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'd label you as inaccurate, but it's true he has not done well against OU.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Funny how in the last 15 years, millions of dollars have been pumped into Big XII coaching salaries, but the teams rarely win against ou and capture the conference title but anyone who brings that up is labelled a "Gundy-lover" while the whiners get a pass. View attachment 74691

OU’s dominance is a conference-wide problem. It isn’t isolated to us and Gundy.
Yeah, but what about the Moral Victories and covering the spread wins we've had against the Sooners during the Gundy years?!
We count those, right?!

CaymanS

Wrangler
Oct 20, 2018
OKC
i think you might be my old friend @cowboyethics344. your whine and his are distinctly similar. and the inferiority complex you display when it comes to ou is spot on..............
"inferiority complex when it comes to ou"? WTF is that? Not following that silly a.s. comment at all I can live with being called a "whiner" since I expect more from this coach, but that part about ou is a hard to follow. What's the antithesis of having an 'inferiority complex when it comes to ou"? Being okay with losing to them annually? Being happy we aren't in trouble with the NCAA or setting up some other non-win/loss standard to accept what we are while paying this guy $5M a year?

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
"inferiority complex when it comes to ou"? WTF is that? Not following that silly a.s. comment at all I can live with being called a "whiner" since I expect more from this coach, but that part about ou is a hard to follow. What's the antithesis of having an 'inferiority complex when it comes to ou"? Being okay with losing to them annually? Being happy we aren't in trouble with the NCAA or setting up some other non-win/loss standard to accept what we are while paying this guy $5M a year?
b/c, as you have stated on here many times, it's all about 1 game...........

Status
Not open for further replies.