Mad at Gundy threads merged

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pretty sure he wasn’t talking about the Kansas coach that beat the team that drubbed us a few weeks ago
You mean the coach that was handed the game by a stupid Texas Tech player? You mean the one that routinely forgot meetings and left us high and dry vs Ohio State? The one that skated out of here soon as he got a better offer and was overlooking the horrible behavior of some of our players? The one that likely would have put us on probation had he not left? that coach?

Last edited:

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Rack, who gives a crap. Let it go man. It was eeons ago. Les Miles is a bigtime coach. Should he have done what he did against Ohio State, no but it's not a big deal. who gives a rip. I agree he shouldn't do that but nearly all coaches look out for themselves and would have left in a heartbeat for a more historical football program.

Lousiana has 10 times the high school football talent Oklahoma does in numbers. Literally. We have some talent but they have about 125 guys that can ball. We have maybe 25 max and that's with us growing recently. It used to be 10 max.

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
You mean the coach that was handed the game by a stupid Texas Tech player? You mean the one that routinely forgot meetings and left us high and dry vs Ohio State? The one that skated out of here soon as he got a better offer and was overlooking the horrible behavior of some of our players? The one that likely would have put us on probation had he not left? that coach?
Yes the same coach that beat the goons as many times in four years as our current coach has won against them in fifteen. Plus a boneheaded call by Bob Stoops gave our current coach one of the wins.

Yes that coach.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Rack, who gives a crap. Let it go man. It was eeons ago. Les Miles is a bigtime coach. Should he have done what he did against Ohio State, no but it's not a big deal. who gives a rip. I agree he shouldn't do that but nearly all coaches look out for themselves and would have left in a heartbeat for a more historical football program.

Lousiana has 10 times the high school football talent Oklahoma does in numbers. Literally. We have some talent but they have about 125 guys that can ball. We have maybe 25 max and that's with us growing recently. It used to be 10 max.
I don't have a Lester problem is he sends me that check for my Alamo Bowl expenses.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
List the number of times. I bet Tech has beat them 3 times, Kstate 2 times until last Saturday- what 3 now.
Baylor 3 times?

So let me guess they have 1 more win??
Right, I think we're tied with someone else. So the team that was #2, now dropped to #3 or so in the conference overall, is middle of the pack against OU.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

What do you think about the FACT that Gundy had to kick several starters off the team because Les refused to discipline them and kept them around about 100% due to their ability to play football...and the FACT that one Pooka Williams was barely punished due to his ability and is now the best player on his team despite a domestics violence charge?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
I would agree with you, but my fear, like the fear of so many others (I think) is that Gundy is to hard headed, stubborn, or egotistical to admit he made a mistake and change things..that why we run the plays we do (I think) over and over and over—gundy wants to do that and since gundy wants to do that it is the right thing to do. Doesn’t work? Well, gundy wants to do that and since gundy wants to do that it will work because gundy wants to do that and gundy is (in his mind) never wrong.

We are back to where we were pre-holgy..you all remember that?

Remember the beat down of Georgia followed by the disappointments? Remember being on the cover of sports illustrated, beating a high-flying Missouri team on the road (and Gundy ignoring the defense) only to be followed by the disappointments?

Remember the visit by Mike Leach? Then the Holgy hire? Remember what happened next?

Now Gundy is comfortable..heats off...where are we? Gundy didn’t like the Holgy offense..wasn’t his..he has it back. It’s right back to 2009.

So—what happens now?
What happens next is we see how this recruiting class pans out. We are in good shape on both lines....safeties are starting look real good.......need corners.....skill players are in good shape but the Cali running back would give us a very good clsss... ....and a more experienced quarterback

Hopefully even Knowles can see how effective the safeties and linebackers in more zone and actually ball-hawking was against Iowa State. Also hopecGleeson learns quickly.

Only complete bust of a game so far was at Tech. Splitting road games with Texas and Iowa State is pretty solid...and who knew Baylor would be this good (but should have found a way to win it).

If we beat TCU....then a solid season is still on the table.

Feb 18, 2009
Which Div 1 coaches are better than our own Coach Mike who is one of the best. Names please.
1572617187578.gif

And for the record, I am not a Gundy hater. I don’t like the coach he’s become. I want the gunslinger back that was passionate about everything OSU and winning, not just culture. I would take that guy over a lot of other coaches in the country any day of the week. But he doesn’t seem to have it like he used to.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Okay, I'm first to admit I get frustrated with Gundy and the way he coaches from time to time. Much of that is deserved I believe. However, I must confess that Gundy's OSU Culture Club is a real strength.

We may not win all of our games, but we don't have a toxic locker room as reported at FSU where Taggart lost control of his team. Teammates arguing, fighting, blaming one another.....all signs of a program that has lost it's leader.
And it wasn't just Taggart, according to a few sources -- it also mentioned Jimbo Fisher not keeping a tight rein on his teams either.
Many FSU boosters were upset with both coaches, but Fisher had the better records so it didn't hit the news as much.

And we all know that Les Miles really only cared about getting guys that could ball. He, like Switzer, only cared about the Ws.

Anyway, back to Gundy.
I do respect the way our coach has established his culture of hard work, scholastics, respect and fair treatment. He may not win 'em all and he may leave us with more questions than answers, he has kept OSU football players stories mostly related to football. And when there's a problem child on the team and it's way beyond counseling, Gundy is quick to rid them of their status and scholarship.

We got that going for us.

CaymanS

Greenhorn
Oct 20, 2018
OKC
Funny how one win and people think it's a cure-all. It was a good win. Baylor and Tech were sh.. t shows. Beat ou and then we can talk Lay another egg against them, and face the reality that we are not going to "play for championships' the way Boone envisioned. Whether that's because of Gundy, the behemoth to the south or some other variable/excuses is the big debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.