Lots Of Coaching Changes in the NCAA

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
Don't know whether to think there's something going on in Manhattan that turned him off, or if he thinks a better offer's just around the corner.

Definitely strange to see a guy elect to stay at N. Texas vs. taking a P5 HC position.
He turned down the job because K-State said he could not bring his entire staff from North Texas. K-State is still trying to force Snyder Jr. on him.

Oct 30, 2007
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-north-dakota-state-chris-klieman-head-coach
K-State hires North Dakota State's Chris Klieman as their head coach. He's led NDSU to an FCS national championship in 3 of the past 4 years, and they're competing for another one this year. I think this is an excellent hire. He's one of the coaches that would've been high on my list if Coach Gundy would've decided to take the Tennessee job last season.

Aug 16, 2012
Mack Brown hires OC Phil Longo from Ole Miss. Looking to change to a more dynamic offense, will be interesting to see if Yurcich's name is bantered about for another SEC OC opening.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Mack Brown hires OC Phil Longo from Ole Miss. Looking to change to a more dynamic offense, will be interesting to see if Yurcich's name is bantered about for another SEC OC opening.
Interesting. Ole Miss just picked up McIntryre , from Colorado, as their new DC.

Ole Miss' offense was pretty decent last year.

Sep 9, 2013
Probably no one is happier to see Snyder retire than Gundy. The purple Wizard had his number.
He had a winning record against texas too.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Probably no one is happier to see Snyder retire than Gundy. The purple Wizard had his number.
He had a winning record against texas too.
Stoops had his number, so far Riley does to. Gundy was 5-4 against Snyder, not really having his number... Gundy is 5-2 against Holgy 5/2 that’s having a number.

... the more you know

Sep 9, 2013
Snyder did exceptionally well against gundy he may have been 4-5,. but he was underdog in those games he won.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
If it was me, I would've just dropped it after I was proven wrong. Not Nolaeer. He just adjusts the goal posts and doubles down. "Exceptionally" well is not a term reserved for someone who has a losing record against another person. The term you are looking for is he did an OK job against Gundy.

How many times was West Virginia favored against OSU when Gundy beat Holgerson? I know WVU was favored this year against our crappy team. That was an exceptional coaching job there.

Oct 12, 2006
Could Venables build a D that the Big 12 isn't used too? Could he take over HC when HCMG retires in a few years? He could bring a lot to the table that we don't have at the moment. Or do we wait 3-4 years and then decide we were wrong again? Solution?