Lincoln Riley " We have to recruit better"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It’s just three for the moment. Give it three months though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just making a very sound and solid prediction!

I’m very happy with the way the defense is getting after the quarterback. Pressure is coming from everywhere. Baylor has a ton of playmakers and the biggest gain of the day came at the very end of the day. Those young guys will find their mark. Lots of talented youth right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Downside to playing more aggressive is you are more likely to get beat on the big play. They got beat on big plays a lot. Every single time isu scored, it was preceded by some big play. a 30 yard pass, a 50 yard pass etc. It happend a few time against baylor, going for broke and get beat by that big play. All it takes is a single guy out of position. So if they can get better at preventing that big play (and really if they can just stop people on 3rd down and in the red zone) that defense will look pretty good. Cause if you break it down by yards per play, they are a very respectable 4.8 (#32 in the ncaa), whereas last year it was an abysmal 5.7. Believe it or not, OU is tied with texas for the big 12 lead in yards per play. So that's something to look at

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
List of teams who give up more yards per play than OU so far this season. Noteable ones at least:
Ohio state
Duke
Wisconsin
8 of the sec's 14 teams
everyone in the big 12 not called texas

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Well @Midnight Toker and @TypicalGooner, I'm not going to say much since you guys only got out coached on D (predictably) while we saw the total outclassing of our entire coaching staff (imo).

But.....don't say I didn't warn you that Stoops would sink OU before the season ends and that October was going to be difficult. One stat that Toker didn't include in the Baker thread (while defending the indefensible Stoops) is that OU ranks last in red zone D. They give up points a perfect 100% of the time. Thought your O played well in spite of the first season flubs by KM. He's a force.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I did mention that they needed to get better in the red zone. They still haven’t been able to figure out how to stop someone from doing something when you know what they’re about to do. There are too many signs that even if they are better than last year, they’re just not good enough. Looking more like moops is on borrowed time.

I have said OU can be just as good on offense without Baker so I’m glad at least I got something right

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He doesnt do anything. He wasnt kicked off the team so much as ruled ineligible to play for the rest of the season. kind of a silly thing but that's what they wanted to do with him