Lincoln Riley " We have to recruit better"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
At any rate it's obvious you know what I was talking about, and that I used the appropriate terminology. I am pleased to see you agree with me that OU will be improved on defense next year.
How's Mikey's pass d look to you? Got better passers coming your way.
It’d be better if we’d have blitzed like we did the first two games. We only blitzed four times the whole game. Three times it got home. Ridiculous. We were very much more aggressive against UCLA and it showed.

They’ll be fine. Hakeem Butler is a monster. Especially when you have all day to throw to the guy. He was singlehandedly the biggest weapon they had. And this is a team with David Montgomery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
At any rate it's obvious you know what I was talking about, and that I used the appropriate terminology. I am pleased to see you agree with me that OU will be improved on defense next year.
How's Mikey's pass d look to you? Got better passers coming your way.
They’ll be fine. Mostly correctable stuff and things that can happen when you play more aggressive. I’m digging it so far because they’re still very young and raw

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Youth everywhere. It bodes well for the future. Ronnie Perkins and Bookie will be an absolute nightmare in two years.

They’re already thorns in your side. They could be a nightmare by the time OU seals up their 4th straight conference championship

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
They’re already thorns in your side. They could be a nightmare by the time OU seals up their 4th straight conference championship
Mikey's d sure shined last night. Couldn't get the ball back from a team of non-scholarshiped players who kept the ball away from the uO for 44+ minutes while hanging 21 pts on them and pushing them to OT. How much was uO favored by?

Wow. Soooo improved. :derp:

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
Say's the puke that has now got to be absolutely luvin' his new Jimmie after getting pushed in by no less than taco tech. Look out for the Beaty monster. Lol.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
All I said was (and I’ll paraphrase due to the fickle nature of this board), “You guys just had your sphincters ruptured by Tech and you’re in here talking feces???”

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yeah. I am. Our offenses longest drive was 2:53. It was a long day for the defense. They shut down the running game and didn’t give up any huge plays. Baylor’s got some big horses at wideout and other than the third quarter, they tackled extremely well. We got a lot of freshmen rolling off of Brewer’s back and others. The lights gonna come on and those will be tackles in the future. Brewer is a tough sonofabitch. Caleb Kelly folded him like a lawn chair and he played through it.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Hey @Midnight Toker/ @TypicalGooner Baylor kept up the nearly 50% on 3rd down conversions and hung nearly 500 yds on big Mikey's D.

Still in love with your boy? :)

BTW, offense was killer. Gonna need it.
Not sure why you think I like stoops.

And yep I watched the games. The third down defense needs work for sure. But for all the yards they gave up the yards per play was a respectable 4.8

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Not sure why you think I like stoops.

And yep I watched the games. The third down defense needs work for sure. But for all the yards they gave up the yards per play was a respectable 4.8
Fortunately for you guys Mikey can't screw up as fast as the offense covers for him.
I’m very happy with the way the defense is getting after the quarterback. Pressure is coming from everywhere. Baylor has a ton of playmakers and the biggest gain of the day came at the very end of the day. Those young guys will find their mark. Lots of talented youth right now.