Life after Trump

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
First I’ll start with I was a regular poster on gopokes before it went down and haven’t really paid a lot of attention here. So I have no idea of any of your political leanings. I call myself a member of the party of common sense. It’s pretty lonely here. My main concern is our national debt and it seems there might be a handful of us in existence in the county and zero in Washington.
Anyway my question is if Trump is removed what do you believe will instantly improve in your life? Everybody that wants him removed must have some personal reason for it. What you want to improve under president pence and why? Just some curiosity on my part to see what other people are thinking.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
First I’ll start with I was a regular poster on gopokes before it went down and haven’t really paid a lot of attention here. So I have no idea of any of your political leanings. I call myself a member of the party of common sense. It’s pretty lonely here. My main concern is our national debt and it seems there might be a handful of us in existence in the county and zero in Washington.
Anyway my question is if Trump is removed what do you believe will instantly improve in your life? Everybody that wants him removed must have some personal reason for it. What you want to improve under president pence and why? Just some curiosity on my part to see what other people are thinking.
It’s a “lonely” party because your common sense is not someone else’s common sense.

Also, fun little thread topic, buuuuut there is literally zero chance of the POTUS being removed from office.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Most of our liberal posters are in hiding at this time. They will show back up when the next bombshell drops and be here until it blows up on the left again.

Trump isn't getting removed. Even Feinstein said she was going to vote against it with the evidence at hand. No witnesses called are going to change any of the evidence just spew a bit more opinion.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The party of common sense has little to no chance with all these people wanting free stuff that is obviously not free. As a Libertarian myself, I hate this two party system of corruption. Until more people realize this and stop support of candidates because of the (R) or (D) in front of their name it will never stop until we are a bankrupt nation.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
I think he probably means after the election if Trump were to lose. And I'll just be happy I don't have to hear family and friends defend a person like that.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
The leftists (and even the never Trump right wingers) don’t want Trump out because of any policy disagreement. They want him out because of the 2016 election. Trump did something that no other Republican nominee has ever done. He punched back at the corrupt media. He told it how it was and wasn’t afraid of media backlash. The Dem side has always had this luxury and right wing voters have endured it for more than 50 years. But people on the left have never experienced it. But the media assured these leftists that Trump was going to get his on 11/9/2016. He was going to lose in a landslide to Hillary Clinton and all of his bravado and ego would suffer in a big way. When that didn’t happen, the worlds of these Trump haters fell apart all around them. They went into a deep depression coupled with anger full of rage and hate. And now they obsess over Trump 24/7 and wait for the day that the shoe finally drops. They believe literally any fantasy fed to them, and time after time the media fails them and the cycle continues. These are miserable people who at this point will never be happy again. Trump isn’t going anywhere, but even once he does they still won’t be happy. They will want him in jail, and his sons and daughter. And then they still won’t be happy and they’ll be on to the next thing. It is literally a mental illness and you can see it here on this forum every day. It’s actually pretty sad.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I’m talking about impeachment. I know he’s not going anywhere but there are a lot of people who want him gone. If you are one of them why? You must have a good reason for it that affects you personally. What do you hope improves in your life?
On the spending issue it’s a lot more complicated. Anybody who supports a cut is going to get crucified by the opposing party. If you’re in an election why go down that road? Like my wife always tells me with the kids. Pick your battles. If a single rep is interested in taking responsible action on spending there are 534 others who couldn’t care less.

Nov 23, 2010
I’m talking about impeachment. I know he’s not going anywhere but there are a lot of people who want him gone. If you are one of them why? You must have a good reason for it that affects you personally. What do you hope improves in your life?
On the spending issue it’s a lot more complicated. Anybody who supports a cut is going to get crucified by the opposing party. If you’re in an election why go down that road? Like my wife always tells me with the kids. Pick your battles. If a single rep is interested in taking responsible action on spending there are 534 others who couldn’t care less.
Why does it have to affect someone personally? Can't they just believe what he did was removal worthy?

Oct 30, 2007
Common sense is not so common.
- Voltaire

Trump won't be removed from office. There weren't any criminal allegations in the articles of impeachment that were delivered to the Senate. This was nothing more than an attempt by the left to gain leverage going into the election.

I share your worries about the national debt. Most politicians willfully ignore this growing problem. They're all hoping that someone else will have to deal with it. It appears that the ultimate endgame is the implementation of modern monetary theory and the significant devaluation of the dollar. I hope that doesn't happen. I would hate to see the U.S. turn into Venezuela.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
The party of common sense has little to no chance with all these people wanting free stuff that is obviously not free. As a Libertarian myself, I hate this two party system of corruption. Until more people realize this and stop support of candidates because of the (R) or (D) in front of their name it will never stop until we are a bankrupt nation.
I agreed with your post, but regardless of how I vote in the primary when the general election comes around I am faced with the choice of someone who wants a really big expensive and intrusive federal government and one that wants a not as big expensive and intrusive federal government. It really has become about the lesser of two evils in my mind. I vote Libertarian in my local and state elections when possible but they don't have a shot at winning.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Nothing changes in any of our lives really.

The only difference between Liberals and Conservatives in Washington anymore is

1. Where/how big govt will intrude in your life
2. Where/how to increase spending of your money

all we really vote on anymore is the flavor of where/how we want big govt in our lives and the flavor of increased spending we somehow continue to justify

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I can see how he makes people bonkers. I voted for the guy, and will again, and I still think he's a jerk.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Nothing changes in any of our lives really.

The only difference between Liberals and Conservatives in Washington anymore is

1. Where/how big govt will intrude in your life
2. Where/how to increase spending of your money

all we really vote on anymore is the flavor of where/how we want big govt in our lives and the flavor of increased spending we somehow continue to justify
One thing to point out if you have actually listened to Trump and his campaign promises which he has actually tried to keep. He said if he gets a second term that's when he will try to tackle the debt.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
I voted for Trump so we would get originalist judges like Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS instead of “how do I feel” judges like Kagan and Sotamayor. Ditto for the lower federal courts. I will vote for him again this year for the same reason.