Liberty Bowl Roll Call!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I should be getting out of work early and will be at the pre-game buffet. Hope to see lots of orange there.

The weather...well, the *temperature*, is great. However, it's looking kinda iffy whether it's going to continue raining or not. :confused:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What's the over/under on number of Cowboy fans? I'm thinking 20K in orange would be a good amount for this bowl considering the semi down year we had and the weather today. Hope the Poke Faithful prove me wrong. Go Pokes! Beat Missouri!

Jun 12, 2007
What's the over/under on number of Cowboy fans? I'm thinking 20K in orange would be a good amount for this bowl considering the semi down year we had and the weather today. Hope the Poke Faithful prove me wrong. Go Pokes! Beat Missouri!
I'm going to have to agree that 20K will be a good showing. I did some research on this bowl and in the previous years, each school is given an allotment of 15,000 each and the community here purchases 25,000. Looking at previous attendence figures, this bowl consistently has 55,000 attend this game. It's raining here right now but it's not quite 11:00 so we have a few hours for this to clear out.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm going to have to agree that 20K will be a good showing. I did some research on this bowl and in the previous years, each school is given an allotment of 15,000 each and the community here purchases 25,000. Looking at previous attendence figures, this bowl consistently has 55,000 attend this game. It's raining here right now but it's not quite 11:00 so we have a few hours for this to clear out.
Looks like it might clear up a bit by game time and should in the 2nd quarter or so if not by the start. That being said, does rain help us and hurt them or is it a non-factor?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I know the weather wouldn't effect me if I spent the money and time to get to Memphis. I'd buy a damn poncho. What a waste to get yourself all the way there and then decide not to go to the game.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I have a great feeling about this game today. Wearing my OSU pullover and just heard "Should Have Been A Cowboy" on the radio. Got me all excited remembering the days when we'd play that in the stadium before games.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Wow guys! Thanks Hackleman and Twin Blast. I knew I could count on OSU fans to help in finding a Liberty Bowl program. Yes, I go to mens basketball games and some of the wrestling matches. I'll post again after the bowl game and we can figure out a way to meet somewhere. Thanks again and have a great time in Memphis.
Check your inbox. :koolaid:

Jun 12, 2007
Never rained during the game. More Mizzou fans present than Cowboy fans. Temperature dropped during the game and it was a little chilly but it wasn't bad. This has been a great bowl destination and if we ever make this bowl again, I highly recommend it. There is a lot to do here. The Sun Records tour is really good. The whole Graceland experience is much more than what it used to be. The National Civil RIghts Museum is very worthwhile. It sent chills down my spine when I saw the KKK robe. Beale Street is amazing. This is a great bowl destination.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
Never rained during the game. More Mizzou fans present than Cowboy fans. Temperature dropped during the game and it was a little chilly but it wasn't bad. This has been a great bowl destination and if we ever make this bowl again, I highly recommend it. There is a lot to do here. The Sun Records tour is really good. The whole Graceland experience is much more than what it used to be. The National Civil RIghts Museum is very worthwhile. It sent chills down my spine when I saw the KKK robe. Beale Street is amazing. This is a great bowl destination.
Actually looked on TV to be a good crowd for a bowl game!

Jun 12, 2007
Actually looked on TV to be a good crowd for a bowl game!
The Mizzou side had all of the middle full and the first one or two sections where it begins the bend heading towards the end zones. If the cameras just focused on the middle of stadium and away from the end zones, it would have looked like it was a great crowd. However, I would guess the only bowl with a smaller number of OSU fans would be the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Not many of us were there. The upper section wasn't even opened at the Heart of Dallas Bowl if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
The Mizzou side had all of the middle full and the first one or two sections where it begings the bend heading towards the end zones. If the cameras just focused on the middle of stadium and away from the end zones, it would have looked like it was a great crowd. However, I would guess the only bowl with a smaller number of OSU fans would be the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Not many of us were there. The upper section wasn't even opened if I remember correctly.
More than a couple of thousand people would be a huge crowd for the rest of the minor bowls I have seen on TV!

Jun 12, 2007
More than a couple of thousand people would be a huge crowd for the rest of the minor bowls I have seen on TV!
It was a decent crowd for a bowl game. The announced crowd number was 51,587. I read somewhere that the Memphis community buys 25,000 tickets and each school is provided 15,000. While it appeared most people there had either orange or yellow on, I did see a few people that were just attending the game because they had tickets. A friend (OSU fan) was sitting on the Missouri side for some reason and at halftime came over and sat by us as there were empty seats stated there were definately more Missouri fans there after sitting on both sides and being able to see the crowd.

Feb 5, 2007
Benton, Arkansas
My wife and I and our friends have a joke that you cannot go anywhere without running into or see a Goon fan. Usually a Goon hat. Well, we saw, Arky, Auburn, Tennessee, Miss St, Ole Miss, Memphis but not a single Goon. We joked that we won because it was a Goonless day.

Jun 12, 2007
My wife and I and our friends have a joke that you cannot go anywhere without running into or see a Goon fan. Usually a Goon hat. Well, we saw, Arky, Auburn, Tennessee, Miss St, Ole Miss, Memphis but not a single Goon. We joked that we won because it was a Goonless day.
We saw one couple wearing goon jackets at the game. Very out of place there.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Yeah, the SEC presence here is thick. For obvious reasons, of course, but it’s still dumb.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Had one staying in the room next to us at our hotel. Decked out in OU gear every day.