Liberty Bowl Roll Call!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
I will not be able to go, but I would like to buy someones used official program after you get back. I have every bowl program from every bowl game OSU has played in since 1974 and would like to keep my collection complete. I went to the Liberty Bowl website but couldn't find any for sale. Also tried to email the site but never heart back. Any suggestions?
Our family is going. No promises but I will try to remember to pick one up and then get in touch with you upon return. Do you attend MBB or wrestling?

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
So...I can't really make promises, but I have an inside track of what some of the activities will be surrounding the days leading up to the game. I will post some stuff on here later.

Memphis has a Bass Pro Shop in the Pyramid, which used to be an arena that the Uni of Memphis played their bball games in. It's actually an awesome structure...they just turned it into a stupid Bass Pro. Regardless, they have an event where the players get a gift certificate and have lunch. I will make sure of what the date is.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I will not be able to go, but I would like to buy someones used official program after you get back. I have every bowl program from every bowl game OSU has played in since 1974 and would like to keep my collection complete. I went to the Liberty Bowl website but couldn't find any for sale. Also tried to email the site but never heart back. Any suggestions?
I'll get you one and you don't have to pay me.

Jun 12, 2007
We're in Nashville right now and will head to Memphis on the 28th to tourist around. Staying at The Guest House at Graceland. Plan on going to Graceland, Sun Records, Civil Rights Museum and of course Beale Street. Have Liberty Bowl tickets in hand and we'll be there wearing orange whatever happens.

Mar 8, 2010
Wow guys! Thanks Hackleman and Twin Blast. I knew I could count on OSU fans to help in finding a Liberty Bowl program. Yes, I go to mens basketball games and some of the wrestling matches. I'll post again after the bowl game and we can figure out a way to meet somewhere. Thanks again and have a great time in Memphis.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We're in Nashville right now and will head to Memphis on the 28th to tourist around. Staying at The Guest House at Graceland. Plan on going to Graceland, Sun Records, Civil Rights Museum and of course Beale Street. Have Liberty Bowl tickets in hand and we'll be there wearing orange whatever happens.
Don't let them give you that stuff about Elvis being dead. He's alive and was recently spotted at a McDonalds in Yazoo City. "They" want us to believe he's dead.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Wow guys! Thanks Hackleman and Twin Blast. I knew I could count on OSU fans to help in finding a Liberty Bowl program. Yes, I go to mens basketball games and some of the wrestling matches. I'll post again after the bowl game and we can figure out a way to meet somewhere. Thanks again and have a great time in Memphis.
Would you also like one of our used ticket stubs? They are official Liberty Bowl ones that do *not* show the teams on them. If you would like one, let me know and I'll try to protect it as best I can.

Jun 12, 2007
Have not seen Elvis but the rooms at the Guest House are very nice. The flat screen TV is huge in the rooms and they play Elvis music and two channels play Elvis specials and concerts. This place is something. Checking the basement tomorrow to see if Elvis is there.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
For those of you in Memphis, and in/close to Downtown, there’s a place called Loflin Yard next to my apartment. Anybody want to meet up, just answer here.

Mar 8, 2010
Would you also like one of our used ticket stubs? They are official Liberty Bowl ones that do *not* show the teams on them. If you would like one, let me know and I'll try to protect it as best I can.
I haven't been collecting ticket stubs. That would have been a good idea back in 1974. Wished I would have thought about it then. No need to worry about the stubs, but thanks for offering.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
Well, I decided to be a loyal fan and come to the Liberty Bowl and the Team Hotel sucks. I waited over 3 hours for my room then when I got upstairs the maids were all chattering about how no one had come to release the rooms that had been ready for hours for occupancy. I needed a chisel to eat my baby back ribs. Experiences like this are what make it hard to be a loyal fan.

Now I have to figure out how to take all my rain gear when you can't take a back pack or any size bag into the stadium (an OK policy for an indoor stadium but not so great when it is outdoors in December).

I sure hope the Cowboys play like they did against Texas. That is the only thing that will salvage this trip.

Jun 28, 2011
Auburndale, Florida
Well, I decided to be a loyal fan and come to the Liberty Bowl and the Team Hotel sucks. I waited over 3 hours for my room then when I got upstairs the maids were all chattering about how no one had come to release the rooms that had been ready for hours for occupancy. I needed a chisel to eat my baby back ribs. Experiences like this are what make it hard to be a loyal fan.

Now I have to figure out how to take all my rain gear when you can't take a back pack or any size bag into the stadium (an OK policy for an indoor stadium but not so great when it is outdoors in December).

I sure hope the Cowboys play like they did against Texas. That is the only thing that will salvage this trip.
You ate hotel restaurant bbq....in Memphis....

Jun 12, 2007
We ate at a BBQ place called Marlowe's Ribs and Restaurant and this place is Elvis crazy. I asked what the deal was and he used to eat there. It was not bad. Better than Sheraton BBQ I'm sure.

Jun 12, 2007
Every night from 10:00 to 11:00 PM, the Guest House at Graceland has a Peanut Butter and Jelly Bar. There is more the PB&J at this bar such as sliced bananas, marshmellows, chocolate chips. It is very popular so we are in this line and there were two guys behind us and two girls. We start chatting and it turns out it was the two Pistol Pete's.

From attending the pep rally on Beale Street, I get the feeling we may not have the crowd we usually have for a bowl game. I have seen some orange here but not as much as I expected to see. I could be surprised tomorrow though.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
You ate hotel restaurant bbq....in Memphis....
In my defense, it was pouring rain and I had managed to leave my rain gear in the trunk of my car which I couldn't get to because it was somewhere in the valet parking system so I just gave up and, at first was just going to drink my way to dinner, but the bar was packed so I choose the restaurant. Big mistake. The bar area is very small/inadequate.