Liberty Bowl Roll Call!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I know I've gushed a ton about Memphis, because I live here and all, but I just wanted to check in with everybody to see who will be attending the game. If you all are still needing suggestions, or want to make sure you're staying in a decent part of town, let me know on this thread. There are a few other OP posters who I believe live/have lived here as well, can't recall who they are.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
My family will be there.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites Airport-American Way.

Got a recommendation for Uncle Lou's and Central (over Rendezvous).

We have a 4 year old so we are hoping that a good Sunday activity will be the zoo if weather is decent. What else would you recommend as 4 year old friendly?

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
My family will be there.

We have a 4 year old so we are hoping that a good Sunday activity will be the zoo if weather is decent. What else would you recommend as 4 year old friendly?
There is a child's museum next to the Liberty Bowl stadium, actually. Look into that.

https://cmom.com/

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
My family will be there.

Oh, and also...Uncle Lou’s is good. I just don’t know if someone who hasn't been here before should go there. I’d recommend Gus’s over Uncle Lou’s (there are more locations that are easier to get to).

Dec 6, 2013
Yeah, aside from players families and those who live close, I don’t really see how this bowl is a can’t miss for most fans.

We’ve had a couple good games this year but this team also lost 5 times to teams we were favored over. 5 times!

For a team that hasn’t missed a bowl in over 10 years, it seems most fans are willing to save their time and money and wait until next year, hopefully for a more compelling product on the field.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I'm curious to see what the turn out ends up being. This is a great opportunity to attend a bowl OSU has never played in, and in a city that is close to Oklahoma but isn't in our usual rotation of destinations.

Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
This was one of the bowls that I always said I would attend since it was drivable, the draw of Beale Street, etc. I had a hotel reservation on Beale St but just decided not to go since team was so inconsistent. I can see OSU playing well and winning and regret not going. But I can also see us lay an egg and be dreadful.

Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
It's not a fear of losing. i can enjoy a game where we play hard and play well and end up on the short end of the scoreboard. It's the fear of spending $2000 to see a team play poorly and not execute -- like happened way to often this year. I'm just hedging my $2000 bet for when the odds are more in my favor for an enjoyable experience.

Feb 15, 2007
I'm going and fully expect to have a great time no matter the outcome of the game. To each his own. My only wish is that I don't have a negative OSU'er sitting next to me. Even if that happens though, I'll still have a blast.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It's not a fear of losing. i can enjoy a game where we play hard and play well and end up on the short end of the scoreboard. It's the fear of spending $2000 to see a team play poorly and not execute -- like happened way to often this year. I'm just hedging my $2000 bet for when the odds are more in my favor for an enjoyable experience.
That's my thought process, its beginning to infiltrate my decision on season tickets as well

Feb 5, 2007
Benton, Arkansas
What you mean like the 2016 Sugar Bowl?

Aug 17, 2012
My wife and I are staying at Embassy Suites by Hilton at 1022 South Shady Grove Road. Looking forward to checking out Memphis. Real fans don’t let the outdoor stadium keep them from going.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
My wife and I are staying at Embassy Suites by Hilton at 1022 South Shady Grove Road. Looking forward to checking out Memphis. Real fans don’t let the outdoor stadium keep them from going.
I assure you, I’m a real fan. I first froze my butt off at the Independence Bowl against Texas A&M. Don’t remember the year (around 1984). I froze my butt off at the Fart of Dallas Bowl in the Cotton Bowl. Great result, but would’ve been just as good sitting in a warm room. I froze my butt off in BPS when we upset Baylor. I froze my butt off when we blew a conference championship against OU ( Justin Gilbert made that catch).

I’m just done paying big money to freeze my butt off.

Mar 8, 2010
I will not be able to go, but I would like to buy someones used official program after you get back. I have every bowl program from every bowl game OSU has played in since 1974 and would like to keep my collection complete. I went to the Liberty Bowl website but couldn't find any for sale. Also tried to email the site but never heart back. Any suggestions?