Let's put away the torches and pitchforks!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
it's the fringe lunatic portion of the fan base.......... the message board effect. there's a few of us here that have a brain, and can put together rational thoughts w/o claiming end of the world is near, but i'm beginning to think we are outnumbered.........
So tell us, oh wise one, what this purported "brain" has been telling you...

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I'm glad you posted this, because I had forgotten about "media-gate". Another highlight of this season. It's usually a good idea to p*&^ off and threaten the media, especially during a down season. The importance of the PR department are overblown and who reads that paper anyhow?
That's how you best deflect from losses, right? At least that's what I took from 2014.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
That's a pretty damn fickle fan base if we can't get over a few losses after 3 of 4 10 win seasons...we will deserve what we get if we give up so easy.
You know blaming the fans for not sticking around is pretty shallow. They already got my season ticket money, they have tried to suck more money out of me for inflated concessions ($4 water is a crock for just having an O-State label on it), they have now lost 5 of 7 of the last home games I came to see. Stick around if you want but STHU when you try to fan shame me.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
You know blaming the fans for not sticking around is pretty shallow. They already got my season ticket money, they have tried to suck more money out of me for inflated concessions ($4 water is a crock for just having an O-State label on it), they have now lost 5 of 7 of the last home games I came to see. Stick around if you want but STHU when you try to fan shame me.
Not to mention 4.5 hrs of the my knees getting smashed, the people behind my cursing and spilling beer everywhere even with my kids there, the person down the row that needs out every ten minutes. It's a big ask to make my family sit through all the way until the end, heck at the Texas tech game even I was getting bored with all the stoppages. If I jet early it's my decision and I could care less if it offends anyone. Like you say they already got my money.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm not fan shaming you or anyone else... I'm saying, WE, collectively, as fans deserve what we get if we bail on the team over time. I agree with the losses at home needing to stop asap or we are going to see an effect from that due to lots of reasons mentioned here...OH, and as far as water you don't have to pay to refill at the new big blue jugs all over the stadium.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Not to mention 4.5 hrs of the my knees getting smashed, the people behind my cursing and spilling beer everywhere even with my kids there, the person down the row that needs out every ten minutes. It's a big ask to make my family sit through all the way until the end, heck at the Texas tech game even I was getting bored with all the stoppages. If I jet early it's my decision and I could care less if it offends anyone. Like you say they already got my money.
I was afraid of that when they started selling beer, sucks that people can't be more aware of kids around them. They need to rezone for families that don't want to drink, like the old days in the west endzone.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
I'm saying, WE, collectively, as fans deserve what we get if we bail on the team over time.
I don't think many will bail, we are POKES fans after all, being diehard is a must. Lets face it though, it has been and will continue to be a frustrating season. I could yell at my dog again about our team's struggles but she's tired of hearing about it, so the message boards seem to be the next best option.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I'm not fan shaming you or anyone else... I'm saying, WE, collectively, as fans deserve what we get if we bail on the team over time. I agree with the losses at home needing to stop asap or we are going to see an effect from that due to lots of reasons mentioned here...OH, and as far as water you don't have to pay to refill at the new big blue jugs all over the stadium.
You do realize that the $4 water is just a symptom, don't you? Its a prevalent attitude that we are going to show up no matter what.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You do realize that the $4 water is just a symptom, don't you? Its a prevalent attitude that we are going to show up no matter what.
It would be stupid for them to think that after what happened with Basketball. I sure hope you are wrong, and no, I saw the provision of the free water as an option to keep people in the stadium and to at least provide them with something that was a need if they aren't going to allow re-entry. Anyway, obviously they have to get back to winning games at home and on the road. Hopefully this year will start on an uphill climb this coming Saturday, if it doesn't we could be in some major trouble with people not showing up.

Go Pokes!

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I don't think many will bail, we are POKES fans after all, being diehard is a must. Lets face it though, it has been and will continue to be a frustrating season. I could yell at my dog again about our team's struggles but she's tired of hearing about it, so the message boards seem to be the next best option.
yeah, we aren't sooners...don't yell at your dog. :cool:

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
But Rack, you are implying that some of us are "fairweather fans". Let me explain something about this pathetic notion that "fairweather fans" aren't *real* fans:

The athletic department, and more specifically, the football program, are tasked with putting a good product on the field. If that product does not meet certain standards or expectations, then you do not show up, and you do not support the program in any other way besides attendance at games. I actually believe "fairweather" fans are BETTER fans. You know why? Because they don't settle for inferior crap. We constantly expect improvement, tweaks here and there to put out a *great* final product. When people do not show up to games, that is our way of protest. Sort of the free market idea.

Let's be realistic, here. I know that you want to talk about supporting the players, because they're young men, in the end, and supposedly have fragile egos. But football is the biggest (by far) money-making enterprise of the university (that I'm aware of). You have to treat it as somewhat of a business endeavor. OSU football, right now, is in the same position Cadillac was, right before they released the CTS.