Les To KU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
Mark Mangino. Liberal admin there couldn’t tolerate him. Lester will put them in a coma.
An excellent point - ought to be great entertainment for the rest of us. GameDay pointed out this morning that just 11 years ago Mangino had KU ranked #2 in the nation at this point in the season. Guess KU can't stand too much success. The potential downturn/upheaval at K-State could also bode well for KU to get some of those juco transfers that have helped build the Wildcats over the years.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Given KU has some good defensive pieces, and that's Les's bread and butter, I can see KU being a very annoying team for the first few years under Les. Offensively, though, if it's typical "just enough" offense, we should be able to hold them off. But I am definitely worried about the potential for their defense to improve drastically.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Given KU has some good defensive pieces, and that's Les's bread and butter, I can see KU being a very annoying team for the first few years under Les. Offensively, though, if it's typical "just enough" offense, we should be able to hold them off. But I am definitely worried about the potential for their defense to improve drastically.
This.

Don’t fool yourselves...Kansas will be better..he can make them a winner guys

Sep 6, 2014
Les is a great coach and I have no doubt he will have them as a respectable team in a few years. They aren’t winning the Big 12 but I bet he has them going to bowl games. He should have waited a few more weeks, I don’t know how Tech brings back coach hearthrob for another year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
Les is a great coach and I have no doubt he will have them as a respectable team in a few years. They aren’t winning the Big 12 but I bet he has them going to bowl games. He should have waited a few more weeks, I don’t know how Tech brings back coach hearthrob for another year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As much as I don't like KU, a choice to be made between the desolate TX desert town of Tortilla Flats in a dry county and being 40 miles from KC, you'll find me in Lawrence. Les will bank a 7-figure salary for a minimum of 3 years and have a great time tweaking the noses of those who derided him in his last tour of the Big 12.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Unfortunately for les, he is going into a buzz saw. Kansas is the Cleveland Browns of the big 12.
I think we forget that it was just ten years ago that KU was ranked in the top 25, and in 2007 they spent time in the top 10. Like anything football is cylical, and KU's had a bad decade. But so has UT.

I will not be surprised if we find KU lurking in the middle of the standings in the next few years. I don't think anyone would disagree that we have watched the team improve in just the past few weeks of this season. OU would like to say it was due to their porous defense, but KU was dominating the run game yesterday.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think we forget that it was just ten years ago that KU was ranked in the top 25, and in 2007 they spent time in the top 10. Like anything football is cylical, and KU's had a bad decade. But so has UT.

I will not be surprised if we find KU lurking in the middle of the standings in the next few years. I don't think anyone would disagree that we have watched the team improve in just the past few weeks of this season. OU would like to say it was due to their porous defense, but KU was dominating the run game yesterday.
Lately, most seasons look like this:
1 = OU (hate to admit this)
2-5 = OSU/UT/WVU/TCU
5–10 = TT/KSU/ISU/BU/KU

Like soccer leagues, sometimes the teams at the top of one bracket move up. Sometimes the team at the bottom slides down.

I think Les can move KU into the top of their “bracket,” occasionally moving into that second tier. I also think KU is a much better fit than TT for him. Their current personnel aren’t a fit with his “3 yards and a cloud of dust” mentality. I don’t think the taco tossers would endure him. His stint would probably be similar to Tubberville’s.

Nov 6, 2010
That stadium though. He's definitely going to have to build a blue collar type team, because there just isn't much to sell there. But Les is that kinda coach, so I think he'll do ok.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think Les can move KU into the top of their “bracket,” occasionally moving into that second tier. I also think KU is a much better fit than TT for him. Their current personnel aren’t a fit with his “3 yards and a cloud of dust” mentality. I don’t think the taco tossers would endure him. His stint would probably be similar to Tubberville’s.
Based on his press conference, Les Miles is going to fill the roster with honey badger-like talent for the first couple of years, and run the 4-7 defense. Based on his comments, expect the offense to be a balanced attack to control the clock. Les Miles is not coming in expecting to adapt to the spread offense, he is planning to dominate it into submission.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Based on his press conference, Les Miles is going to fill the roster with honey badger-like talent for the first couple of years, and run the 4-7 defense. Based on his comments, expect the offense to be a balanced attack to control the clock. Les Miles is not coming in expecting to adapt to the spread offense, he is planning to dominate it into submission.
So we'll get to watch an sec Team play big12 teams regularly.

Sent from my Orange Power Koolaid glass.