Least-Educated State: California No. 1

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
@kaboy42 , this guy doesn't get it. :D

Changing your mufflers out has absolutely zero impact on emissions. Now, if you pull your catalytic converter, that's a different story.

Shhhhh... don't tell him but my GTO is catless. AND as of the latest statistics I've run on it, the "illegal in Cali" car has killed exactly the same number of humans that my "illegal in Cali" guns have.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Shhhhh... don't tell him but my GTO is catless. AND as of the latest statistics I've run on it, the "illegal in Cali" car has killed exactly the same number of humans that my "illegal in Cali" guns have.

So is my S10, and I regret it every time I drive it... drone for dayz. I only pulled the cat because I got sick of it going out. Went out 3 times before I said "screw it" and cut it out... I just can't justify paying for an actual exhaust on that thing to fix it though since they cost probably 50% of what the truck itself is even worth... lol

Last edited:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Actually, probably a lot there too... For now... I could probably get some nice change for my stock catback here soon! lol
I've been reading forums where the Cali gearheads actually spend hours and $$$ to put their cars back to stock... just to roll in to their state "Referee" (lmao at that title)... and get the annual passing check... then immediately back home to spend hours and $$$ just to put all the mods back on... and then pray you don't get caught by law enforcement... and do it again the next year.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
So is my S10, and I regret it every time I drive it... drone for dayz. I just can't justify paying for an actual exhaust on that thing since they cost probably 50% of what the truck itself is even worth... lol
Tried an H-pipe?

I'm true dual exhaust with LT headers, catless mids, H-pipe, then through some Borla mufflers and out the back with 4" tips and I have zero drone. And honestly, it's not too loud (it was REALLY quiet until the Borla's finely got broke in... now it's perfect).

The deal with catless is the odor. You're gonna wear catless exhaust fumes around ALL.DAY.LONG.

Best cologne/perfume ever made!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Tried an H-pipe?

I'm true dual exhaust with LT headers, catless mids, H-pipe, then through some Borla mufflers and out the back with 4" tips and I have zero drone. And honestly, it's not too loud (it was REALLY quiet until the Borla's finely got broke in... now it's perfect).

The deal with catless is the odor. You're gonna wear catless exhaust fumes around ALL.DAY.LONG.

Best cologne/perfume ever made!
Yeah... Did I mention my S10 is a 4cyl?... lol I'm a 30+yr old driving around in a vehicle with 16yr old decisions... :lol:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Yeah... Did I mention my S10 is a 4cyl?... lol I'm a 30+yr old driving around in a vehicle with 16yr old decisions... :lol:
What?!? Quit playing around and drop a LSx in that thing. Marriage is sOOOooooOOooooo overrated. Trust me, I know about these things.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
What?!? Quit playing around and drop a LSx in that thing. Marriage is sOOOooooOOooooo overrated. Trust me, I know about these things.
That was a plan at one point, even got gifted a used block. Then that whole "college" thing happened and before I finished that I got caught up in that "marriage" thing then graduated and got "a job". Now I've got "a kid" so the motor swap thing ain't happening unless this 2.2 will finally kick the bucket... Creeping up on 200k miles...