Learfield IMG College Cowboy Classics

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
https://youtu.be/GfAFAXWrGQs

Video of above...16:47 is my favorite of this amazing OSU offensive game.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
https://twitter.com/Gopokesvoice/status/1253348601033568256?s=19
Hearing Big Bob Barry's voice was a great blast from the past. As a kid sometimes the only way to hear OSU sports was on the radio. I was crushed when he went back to OU, but quickly loved Bill Teegins.

I didn't notice it at the time, however you can start to hear Big Bob slipping a bit, even in 1988. Or, that's how he always was and 6-15 year old me just didn't notice. Not sure.

Either way, I love these throwback broadcasts. I hope they keep posting them even after this quarantine is over.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Today, the CFB playoff committee seems to put a lot of emphasis on number of top 25 wins while putting less emphasis on a bad loss. Of course, as we all know, the committee could easily change to fit the situation depending on the name on the side of the helmet. There was a reason the computers had OSU at #2 in 2011.

2011.jpg

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Today, the CFB playoff committee seems to put a lot of emphasis on number of top 25 wins while putting less emphasis on a bad loss. Of course, as we all know, the committee could easily change to fit the situation depending on the name on the side of the helmet. There was a reason the computers had OSU at #2 in 2011.

View attachment 80256

:cursing:

Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
Hearing Big Bob Barry's voice was a great blast from the past. As a kid sometimes the only way to hear OSU sports was on the radio. I was crushed when he went back to OU, but quickly loved Bill Teegins.

I didn't notice it at the time, however you can start to hear Big Bob slipping a bit, even in 1988. Or, that's how he always was and 6-15 year old me just didn't notice. Not sure.

Either way, I love these throwback broadcasts. I hope they keep posting them even after this quarantine is over.
I think we recognized and accepted Bob's occasional slip (like saying the ball was on the 30 when it was on the 20) because he was OUR announcer and we loved him. I too was devastated when he "changed sides" but like you fell in love with Bill Teegins and then Dave. Bob was a class guy and I think we got the best Bob Barry years going back to my freshman year in 1973 when Bob and Jack Ogle originally "changed sides" from OU football and started their tenure on the Cowboy network.