LD Brown is explosive

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Here's an interesting opinion.

We are 2-0 and have depth at QB and RB and have wins despite neither position playing at the apex of their capability yet.

Perhaps, we can find positivity in positive events.
Let's see, Cowboy fans finding good in a 2-0 start, 1-0 in conference? Nope, naddagannadoit.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
This might be the dumbest post on OrangePower. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why?

There is a difference in potential and production. Your opinion is based solely on the former and not the reality of the latter. Stats say LD is better as of Saturday.
Well no, his opinion is also based on production seeing that Chubba ran for 2k yards last year.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Well no, his opinion is also based on production seeing that Chubba ran for 2k yards last year.

Huh, I didn't realize we just played our 15th game of the 2019 season.

New year, new opportunities and I'm glad that LD is playing well. You seem disappointed in the success of LD Brown.
I think the sample size of an entire year of production is a bettor predictor of future success than the previous 2 games.

I’m thrilled that LD is succeeding, I want him to keep seeing an increase to his workload. He plays with joy and his cabbage patch tribute was the best TD celebration I’ve seen in a minute. I hope you get the same joy I get rooting for LD when you root for Chubba.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Why?

There is a difference in potential and production. Your opinion is based solely on the former and not the reality of the latter. Stats say LD is better as of Saturday.
Which running back ran for 2000, led the NCAA in rushing, and we were concerned about declaring for the draft?

Like are you for real, man? Or are you just trying to get a few laughs on the internet?

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Which running back ran for 2000, led the NCAA in rushing, and we were concerned about declaring for the draft?

Like are you for real, man? Or are you just trying to get a few laughs on the internet?
Nope. I'm just living in the present and presently LD is getting it done. Like @PokeJ said, I hope we have 2 studs by year end but the reality of 2020, thus far, is that LD is performing better. I'd be shickled titless if Chuba busts out for 300+ against KU.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
not sure why you’re discounting 2,000 yards and what should have been a Heisman finalist. Also, Hubbard has 90+ in the first two games.

We have two strong backs. We are 2-0. This is good.
Its very good to have 2 good backs....
-justice hill and chris carson in 2016
-Justice Hill and JD King in 2017
-Justice Hill and Chuba Hubbard in 2018
-Chuba Hubbard and no one else worth a damn in 2019
-Chuba Hubbard and LD Brown in 2020.

We ain't winning no championship without Chuba Hubbard...it's really that simple. Anyone who thinks LD Brown is built to carry the load is fooling themselves. Don't get me wrong, LD has been the better back, and quite frankly it's not close....but Hubbard is a proven commodity that seems to be pressing for whatever reason. He's had some quality runs in the first two games so it's not all bad... I'm hopeful he'll find his footing, and quite honestly we need him too, b/c again....LD ain't built to carry the load.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
This year only makes Chuba's 2019 look even more impressive. He had lots of long TD runs. Four 200+ yd games. Unmatched.
Should have won the Doak Walker
Should have been in NY for Heisman top 3

Judging his 2020 performance based on last year's performance is somewhat unfair. That's pretty high expectations. His team is different. Other teams are different.

If he get's 2/3 the yds/game that he got last year, that's 100/game and still pretty darn successful.

Dec 17, 2011
I hope to see a lot of RPOs when SS comes back, esp with LD looking good now teams now have to recognize him.