LD Brown is explosive

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 11, 2007
Honestly, it feels like Chuba has checked out. If that is true he should just opt out of the season and move on because it hurts him and OSU. He is actively hurting his draft stock right now and he needs to s#!+ or get off the pot.

I say this with no malice and honestly wanting the best possible for him.
This might be the dumbest post on OrangePower. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2011
I also think once we get sanders back and get a normal offense running its going to open the field more for Hubbard. Teams are eyeing him big time right now.
No, teams are eyeing wallace, To me it looks like chuba’s issue is in his head which is good Because it can be fixed quickly , but bad because it can be one of the hardest things to fix

Sep 22, 2011
1. Sanders may be done, Illingworth is a better qb.
2. Hubbard is to worried about getting hurt, he will check out if we get eliminated, just like Hill did.
Sanders is better than Illingworth right now, Illingworth may be better in the future, but i don't know when that inflection point is

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

Why? He has had his 2 worst games, back to back. Being outplayed by his back up and has 3 fumbles, are you not concerned?
If anything I think it’s cuz he’s pushing too much, he’s looking around trying to break a big one on every run and then he gets stripped cuz he’s not just playing. But the way he came in at the end of the game I think was him saying no more bs, just running hard. And if he does that good things will come

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Honestly, it feels like Chuba has checked out. If that is true he should just opt out of the season and move on because it hurts him and OSU. He is actively hurting his draft stock right now and he needs to s#!+ or get off the pot.

I say this with no malice and honestly wanting the best possible for him.

Lol. Not even close, bro.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

Why? He has had his 2 worst games, back to back. Being outplayed by his back up and has 3 fumbles, are you not concerned?
If anything I think it’s cuz he’s pushing too much, he’s looking around trying to break a big one on every run and then he gets stripped cuz he’s not just playing. But the way he came in at the end of the game I think was him saying no more bs, just running hard. And if he does that good things will come

Maybe its as simple as Karma.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jul 11, 2007

Am I concerned to the point that the best runningback in the country last year should opt out because he’s hurting OSU? Uh, no. Be upset about offseason antics, but that kind of talk is silly.

Had a couple off games. He’ll get right.

May 9, 2007
Edmond, OK
People are missing the point. We have a new O-Line. We have had limited practices. Instead of getting up to speed against inferior opponents we have opened against two decent defenses. Because of this the guy who many around the country (and 99% of the people on this board) thought was one of the best running backs in the country is off to a very rough start and yet is still averaging nearly 100 yards a game and 4 ypc. His backup is playing great. Chuba will figure it out. I'm not writing of a guy for 2 subpar games.

We are going to have 2 serious weapons running the ball. Its a good thing!!!

Sep 22, 2011
Am I concerned to the point that the best runningback in the country last year should opt out because he’s hurting OSU? Uh, no. Be upset about offseason antics, but that kind of talk is silly.

Had a couple off games. He’ll get right.

I didn’t say he should opt out, I said he should get his head right and play ball like he did last year. Right now it looks like victory has defeated him.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
People are missing the point. We have a new O-Line. We have had limited practices. Instead of getting up to speed against inferior opponents we have opened against two decent defenses. Because of this the guy who many around the country (and 99% of the people on this board) thought was one of the best running backs in the country is off to a very rough start and yet is still averaging nearly 100 yards a game and 4 ypc. His backup is playing great. Chuba will figure it out. I'm not writing of a guy for 2 subpar games.

We are going to have 2 serious weapons running the ball. Its a good thing!!!
Ah, the ol' "all the o-line's fault" excuse again. What's that, 6 seasons in a row, now? It's the standard OP perma-excuse.

I thought they actually played pretty well on Saturday.

I'd be inclined to believe this, except we've continually run into loaded boxes on slow-developing run plays to the short side of the field even with our weak o-lines. That's a play calling problem.

Last edited:
May 9, 2007
Edmond, OK
Ah, the ol' "all the o-line's fault" excuse again.
I think you misread the intent of my post. I'm not solely blaming the offensive line for Chuba's performance - but I do believe that it is something that needs to be considered as a contributing factor - especially when you combine it with limited practices and a new coordinator who spent the whole offseason game planning around a QB that is very different than the one he has been forced to use. If you don't understand that offensive line play doesn't directly impact offensive production than we will just have to agree to disagree. Doesn't matter how long people have been saying it - it will always be true. However the reason for the O-line issues in the past is certainly debatable (coaching, talent, recruiting, play calling, etc.)

I agree with you that the line was decent in the WV game - and that's what I expect to see more of. As we have more time and experience both the o-line and play calling hopefully will continue to solidify which will benefit everyone on that side of the ball. Players get more comfortable with each other they should play as a better unit which allows us to play faster and hopefully more creatively.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Not going to read all the posts, so may have been said already, but (IMO, of course): relative to the thread title, there is no question that LD Brown has been our "best" running back in our first two games; that said, there is also no question Chuba is our best running back. Though he spent much of the summer rehabbing I don't think he was anywhere near football shape when camp started. Looking at the first few episodes of Our Time I thought he looked pretty soft, not at all as cut as he appeared last year. This was likely true of many/most guys, but I think it shows more at RB, the most physical of the skill positions. LD looks like he never missed a workout and is in tip-top shape - something that's hard to do over an unsupervised summer, and a huge credit to his character and drive to succeed. But I believe Chuba will soon be back to form, which will be great - especially now that we know we have an excellent backup with big time upside. It would be awesome if LD came back next season to improve his NFL chances.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Here's an interesting opinion.

We are 2-0 and have depth at QB and RB and have wins despite neither position playing at the apex of their capability yet.

Perhaps, we can find positivity in positive events.
Bingo. Following the TU game I was very worried about the team falling completely flat this season, due primarily to the o-line and its injuries. Given their radical improvement versus a much better d-line this week, having ku and an open date to get the team healthy and rested, and the lack of a dominant team in the league (except maybe us?), my hopes for the season are once again very (too?) high.