Latest video O'Brate Stadium

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I talked to the head Manhattan GC on the project and he said they plan to have the stadium playable by opening day...........

Mar 30, 2005
Stillwater
I wouldn't get overly optimistic about the first pitch of the first game happening in O'Brate. I'm pretty sure they expect to play the first few games at Allie P.

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I guess this guy you talked to didn't get the memo.... lol

https://twitter.com/OSUBaseball/status/1182374229062369283

he was at our tailgate for the K-State game. just relaying the message. he also told me that some of the electrical needs (can't remember the term he used), such as electrical to the scoreboard, PA system, etc were not in the original bid/contract and now Holder is putting it all on Josh to raise the extra $ for it. He said Josh is pissed over it......... take it for what it's worth

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
he was at our tailgate for the K-State game. just relaying the message. he also told me that some of the electrical needs (can't remember the term he used), such as electrical to the scoreboard, PA system, etc were not in the original bid/contract and now Holder is putting it all on Josh to raise the extra $ for it. He said Josh is pissed over it......... take it for what it's worth
I've got several long extension cords. What does it need 220, 221?

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.

I know you are just relaying the message, but that sounds like bullspit to me. I don't like Holder as much as the next guy, but I don't think he would put that on a head coach. If he did I would expect Josh to leave immediately.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
The Grand Opening doesn't necessarily mean it's the first game.

You don't shoot off fireworks and do a whole thing when you open with SE Nobody State. And you don't want it to be snowing, so if we play Oregon State or Vandy too early, you risk bad weather. Just saying

But it'd be nice to have a released schedule.

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I know you are just relaying the message, but that sounds like bullspit to me. I don't like Holder as much as the next guy, but I don't think he would put that on a head coach. If he did I would expect Josh to leave immediately.
like i said, take it for what it's worth. the guy I tailgate w/ is one of the lead GC's on all the Manhattan projects on campus. every year, we are at a new location that manhattan has fenced off for construction. 2 seasons ago we were across the street from the new business bldg, last season we were next to O'brate, this year, right behind Coney..........

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK
It relates to the grass being ready. If they play on it too early it will be ruined and there wasn’t enough heat after planting for it to root properly. Right now the plan is it won’t be played on at all until March.