Larry Fedora Fired from Baylor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
BYU OC taking over at Baylor.

Really surprised this has not come up yet with all the Tom Herman, and OC discussion in general..

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I never have been too impressed with Fedora. On the other hand, BYU's offense was phenomenal this year--loved the mix of run/pass--they really spread it around. Look for Baylor's offense to improve quickly.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I never have been too impressed with Fedora. On the other hand, BYU's offense was phenomenal this year--loved the mix of run/pass--they really spread it around. Look for Baylor's offense to improve quickly.
Yeah, the joke's on them!

'Spreading it around' is so yesterday, so we're bringing back 'ground & pound!' They'll never see it comin'!

We'll see how things go with this hire, though. I remember when Bryan Harsin was gonna really do things at UT....

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Really surprised this has not come up yet with all the Tom Herman, and OC discussion in general..

News must travel slow in your neck of the woods. He was fired on Dec. 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Not many have flourished once they left OSU. Maybe Gundy is the brains of the operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious, does anyone actually believe that Gundy (as in Michael Ray Gundy) is the brains of an operation? Unless we're talking about a lobotomy or actual brain surgery operation...

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Just curious, does anyone actually believe that Gundy (as in Michael Ray Gundy) is the brains of an operation? Unless we're talking about a lobotomy or actual brain surgery operation...
Yes...when Gundy took over he worked hard and made a team that fans finally. care about and have come to expect even more. Before Gundy we only had hopes of winning a very few games then somehow we could get intointo a bowl any bowl game. When got into a bowl game we celebrated and called it a great season.

Mar 8, 2010
Hiring somebody is probably as much about a good culture-fit as anything else. Those guys who flourished under Gundy, were good fits for the OSU culture. Other places, not so much.