Land of the Free, home of the spineless

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
With the exception of AOC, not a single Democratic candidate for president has a single conviction. They just pander to the ignorant masses. AOC has conviction, her ideals are just stupid....but she is all-in on them.

Aug 16, 2012
With the exception of AOC, not a single Democratic candidate for president has a single conviction. They just pander to the ignorant masses. AOC has conviction, her ideals are just stupid....but she is all-in on them.
The obvious screw up in my statement is that AOC is not actually running for president.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
So what? The U. S. sends billion$ in aid to Israel every year. That country has one of the most liberal set of abortion regulations in the world. The government pays for most abortions. If Israel is so morally wrong for doing so, then why doesn't Trump complain about it and threaten to cut aid? Why don't Republicans in Congress complain about it, such as Sen. Lankford? They sure haven't lately. As long as the U. S. refuses to cut aid to Israel, it's going to look ridiculous continuing to keep the Hyde Amendment. I don't blame Biden for wanting to drop it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...epublicans-are-largely-quiet-as-israel-adopts

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
So what? The U. S. sends billion$ in aid to Israel every year. That country has one of the most liberal set of abortion regulations in the world. The government pays for most abortions. If Israel is so morally wrong for doing so, then why doesn't Trump complain about it and threaten to cut aid? Why don't Republicans in Congress complain about it, such as Sen. Lankford? They sure haven't lately. As long as the U. S. refuses to cut aid to Israel, it's going to look ridiculous continuing to keep the Hyde Amendment. I don't blame Biden for wanting to drop it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...epublicans-are-largely-quiet-as-israel-adopts
Watch it...you're about to fall off that cliff on your left.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008

:lol: You're a glutton for punishment

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

oh freaking brilliant.... just because we want to assist our strategic global allies, now automatically means that we're really just bribing them to implement our laws.

we already assess their "human rights" activities... but apparently you think we should place one pet-peeve issue over all other human rights issues, just so you can make a silly point.

how about you stop making immature ludicrous statements and try to focus on sobriety.

Secretary Pompeo released today the 2018 Human Rights Reports
https://il.usembassy.gov/secretary-pompeo-released-today-the-2018-human-rights-reports/

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

and what exactly about their laws makes it "one of the most liberal in the world"? I believe that your buzzfeed article flat out lied to you. You must be extremely gullible.

Explain that to me...

Here... this is from May 2019, and is in an article that also mocks the issue like you do.

What is so bad here? It sounds more conservative than US law.

Shhh! Don’t Tell Evangelical Supporters of Israel, but Abortion There Is Legal — and Often It’s Free

The existing abortion law was passed in 1977. Under the law, the procedure is fully legal under any of the following conditions:

* The pregnant woman in question is under 18 or over 40
* The woman is not married
* The fetus has a serious mental or physical defect
* The pregnancy is the result of rape, incest or adultery
* If carrying the pregnancy to term “is liable to endanger the woman’s life or cause her physical or emotional damage”

A separate committee exists for late-term abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...l-about-the-country-s-abortion-laws-1.7274968

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
and what exactly about their laws makes it "one of the most liberal in the world"? I believe that your buzzfeed article flat out lied to you. You must be extremely gullible.

Explain that to me...

Here... this is from May 2019, and is in an article that also mocks the issue like you do.

What is so bad here? It sounds more conservative than US law.

Shhh! Don’t Tell Evangelical Supporters of Israel, but Abortion There Is Legal — and Often It’s Free

The existing abortion law was passed in 1977. Under the law, the procedure is fully legal under any of the following conditions:

* The pregnant woman in question is under 18 or over 40
* The woman is not married
* The fetus has a serious mental or physical defect
* The pregnancy is the result of rape, incest or adultery
* If carrying the pregnancy to term “is liable to endanger the woman’s life or cause her physical or emotional damage”

A separate committee exists for late-term abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...l-about-the-country-s-abortion-laws-1.7274968
LOL, give it up, Cali about who is gullible. The Times of Israel says that country is among those with the most liberal abortion laws. A number of European countries, such as Ireland, only allow abortion on demand up to 12 weeks. While Israel has loose restrictions, with nearly all pregnant women meeting them, up to 24 weeks. Like it or not, Israel has always had a liberal stance on abortion, since at least 1977. And its abortion rate is no higher than the USA.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-abortion-law-now-among-worlds-most-liberal/

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
LOL, give it up, Cali about who is gullible. The Times of Israel says that country is among those with the most liberal abortion laws. A number of European countries, such as Ireland, only allow abortion on demand up to 12 weeks. While Israel has loose restrictions, with nearly all pregnant women meeting them, up to 24 weeks. Like it or not, Israel has always had a liberal stance on abortion, since at least 1977. And its abortion rate is no higher than the USA.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-abortion-law-now-among-worlds-most-liberal/
it's from the freaking TIMES.... dude..... from 2014.

and you didn't answer my questions.

sober up

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
... and one more thing....

do you think the U.S. should not be giving assistance to Israel? I ask because you only brought them up, and not the other countries in the Middle East that the U.S. also sends money, like Egypt. Either you think other human rights violations are less than abortions, or you seem to hate Jews and are possibly an anit-semite... I'm not sure which.

You claim the evangelicals should be appalled by abortion laws in Israel, and apparently think that others should demand withdrawal of money to Israel because of that, but you don't talk about other civil rights violations in a country like Egypt that receives just as much money, or even the money to the murdering Palestinians..

Forget about killing babies, those groups receiving U.S. money actually kill Evangelical Christians. Don't you think that might be just a bit higher priority?

If the folks can't even get the people of the U.S. on board with not killing babies, then what makes you think that they should focus energies on other country's laws, or even chose one country over anther that actually is killing Christians?

nobody on this board is going to fall your demagoguery

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008

do you think the U.S. should not be giving assistance to Israel? I ask because you only brought them up, and not the other countries in the Middle East that the U.S. also sends money, like Egypt. Either you think other human rights violations are less than abortions, or you seem to hate Jews and are possibly an anit-semite... I'm not sure which.

You claim the evangelicals should be appalled by abortion laws in Israel, and apparently think that others should demand withdrawal of money to Israel because of that, but you don't talk about other civil rights violations in a country like Egypt that receives just as much money, or even the money to the murdering Palestinians..

Forget about killing babies, those groups receiving U.S. money actually kill Evangelical Christians. Don't you think that might be just a bit higher priority?

If the folks can't even get the people of the U.S. on board with not killing babies, then what makes you think that they should focus energies on other country's laws, or even chose one country over anther that actually is killing Christians?

Self flagellation appears to be most liberals mo. If they say it long enough, some of the shit might stick to the wall. Townie is just too easy.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010

Might as well quit giving massive amounts of aid to all countries in the Mideast. Israel with the threat of its atomic weapons is in a good position to stand on its own. Focus more on trading with them. What can you pick up that was made in Egypt? Of course, you may want to bring up boycotts, but I generally don't believe in boycotts.

No one is killing babies, unless as a war casualty. If you strongly disagree, then better look up the definition of infanticide and discover how wrong you are.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Might as well quit giving massive amounts of aid to all countries in the Mideast. Israel with the threat of its atomic weapons is in a good position to stand on its own. Focus more on trading with them. What can you pick up that was made in Egypt? Of course, you may want to bring up boycotts, but I generally don't believe in boycotts.

No one is killing babies, unless as a war casualty. If you strongly disagree, then better look up the definition of infanticide and discover how wrong you are.
that's right run and hide behind your semantics.... freaking pathetic.

I don't need to look up anything, I happen to actually know what a baby is, regardless of what inhuman toe-tag you choose to put on it.

if fetal death is not a crime, then why are there laws on fetal homicide?

please get sober

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
that's right run and hide behind your semantics.... freaking pathetic.

I don't need to look up anything, I happen to actually know what a baby is, regardless of what inhuman toe-tag you choose to put on it.

if fetal death is not a crime, then why are there laws on fetal homicide?

please get sober
Seriously, you need to get sober, because a baby most certainly is not a fetus, whether you can comprehend that as a fact, or not. Any fetal death will not be charged as infanticide.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Seriously, you need to get sober, because a baby most certainly is not a fetus, whether you can comprehend that as a fact, or not. Any fetal death will not be charged as infanticide.
dude... seriously, get some help.

I ask about differences between giving money to those who support abortion and those killing Christians, and all you can do is hide behind my use of the word "baby".

we can use your terms, but that only makes it WORSE for your position, because now the question is between killing fetuses and killing humans (Christians).

honestly dude, don't post on the forum when you're stoned.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
dude... seriously, get some help.

I ask about differences between giving money to those who support abortion and those killing Christians, and all you can do is hide behind my use of the word "baby".

we can use your terms, but that only makes it WORSE for your position, because now the question is between killing fetuses and killing humans (Christians).

honestly dude, don't post on the forum when you're stoned.
Fetus is Latin for infant.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Fetus is Latin for infant.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Townie is not interested in facts nor logic... he only cares about liberal ideology.

Reflecting on the state of the academic debate during the decade preceding Roe, Michael Tooley observed in a 1972 article in the journal Philosophy & Public Affairs that it “seems very difficult to formulate a completely satisfactory liberal position on abortion without coming to grips with infanticide.” Tooley’s position, shared today by several other prominent philosophers and ethicists such as Peter Singer and Francesca Minerva, is that there is no morally relevant fact that would distinguish abortion from infanticide. Tooley and others, therefore, defend infanticide as a principled corollary to the acceptance of abortion.

Consistency does not make the same demands in politics as it does in philosophy, however, and the political and legal debate about abortion has lagged for many years behind the philosophical debate.