Lamont Evans FollowUp: Bland Pleads Guilty

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
odds on two or three other Big XII teams going into FBI Portal? I'm giving it 20-2 odds. My odds on favorites are Kansas State and the goons with the dark horse being Taco Tech.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Looks pretty damning.

"It was a (expletive) hell of a (expletive) offer," Wade continued. "Hell of an offer. ... Especially for a kid who is going to be a two- or three-year kid."

In a different telephone call with Dawkins, Wade joked that the player would be compensated more than the "rookie minimum."

Wade told Dawkins that he had made deals for "as good of players as him" that were "a lot simpler than this."
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...lsu-suspends-wade-indefinitely-amid-fbi-probe

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Well they'll claim no agreement was ever made, but the making of an offer seems abundantly clear.

Additionally, right before the SEC tourney & with LSU looking like a top 4 seed in the tourney, the timing of this is interesting.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Well they'll claim no agreement was ever made, but the making of an offer seems abundantly clear.
This. No actual amount of money was ever discussed. That being said, if it was in text messages, they'll be able to get that.

If Wade is subpoenaed, or indicted, or whatever...and he's given immunity...I think there is going to be some scorched earth activity to be had.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This. No actual amount of money was ever discussed. That being said, if it was in text messages, they'll be able to get that.

If Wade is subpoenaed, or indicted, or whatever...and he's given immunity...I think there is going to be some scorched earth activity to be had.
If he & Sean Miller do get indicted, this could get real interesting.

I think KU's praying to god that sitting De Souza this year helps to keep the Adidas trail from leading straight back to Lawrence, which we know it does.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder

Additionally, right before the SEC tourney & with LSU looking like a top 4 seed in the tourney, the timing of this is interesting.
Well, someone had to pay for North Carolina's sins, so Mizzou 2 yrs probation and now LSU.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../former-auburn-assistant-person-pleads-guilty

Chuck Person strikes a deal. Now, he & the 3 others who've already plead are awaiting sentencing.

Gonna be interesting to see if these 4 take the fall & nothing further happens here, or if the FBI keeps moving forward with the investigation.
Thank you for giving updates. I know we can all Google this stuff, but it's easier when I can find it on this thread, while looking at OSU recruiting stuff and spring football stuff.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-ba...-case-investigation-trial-ncaa-192738355.html

• A $25,000 deal between Dawkins and Bowen Sr. for Bowen II to play a spring and summer of AAU ball with the Adidas-sponsored Michigan Mustangs.
  • An offer of $100,000 plus a “lucrative” job from a Creighton assistant coach.
  • Notice from Dawkins that Arizona was willing to pay $50,000 for Bowen II’s basketball services.
  • Notice from Dawkins that Oklahoma State was willing to pay Bowen Sr. $150,000, plus $8,000 for a car and “an undisclosed amount to buy a house” if Bowen II would commit to play for the Cowboys

What’s next in the corruption case?
Two weeks after the Final Four concludes in Minneapolis, trial No. 2 will begin in New York. Code and Dawkins, both already facing six months in prison, are the defendants. Wade and Miller will presumably be summoned to the witness stand. Other coaches could be as well. "As many as I can get in the courtroom,” Dawkins’ attorney said in February. "We are going to pull back the curtains [on the sport].”
There are grand promises that the second trial will be even spicier than the first. Whether those promises are met, and whether new revelations actually have the power to shake up the sport, remains to be seen.
Meanwhile, the NCAA has begun investigating. The FBI gave it the green light in November, two weeks after the first trial ended. That’s significant, because, as Yahoo Sports’ Dan Wetzel noted in October: “While much was heard in court over the past month, there was even more – wiretaps, under-oath allegations, documents – that wasn’t included because it didn’t fit the prosecution or was denied admission by Judge Lewis A. Kaplan.”
So while a lot has happened in 18 months, a lot is likewise yet to come.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
  • Notice from Dawkins that Oklahoma State was willing to pay Bowen Sr. $150,000, plus $8,000 for a car and “an undisclosed amount to buy a house” if Bowen II would commit to play for the Cowboys
I don't think we ever had a reputation for offering "deals" like that. We would have seen much better recruits in the past if so. Was Underwood offering such deals?? Maybe - but I still don't see us going from 0 mph to 100 mph in one year. I sure don't think we were "outbidding" Louisville 3 to 1!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I don't think we ever had a reputation for offering "deals" like that. We would have seen much better recruits in the past if so. Was Underwood offering such deals?? Maybe - but I still don't see us going from 0 mph to 100 mph in one year. I sure don't think we were "outbidding" Louisville 3 to 1!
Who knows? Creighton supposedly offered $100k.

Furthermore, if you're an elite player, would it take a little more to get you to go to a non-blueblood program? I'd think so, but perhaps not.