Lamont Evans FollowUp: Bland Pleads Guilty

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
From the article:

“If the NCAA is unwilling to police themselves … somebody’s got to do it,” he said. “This is a long and winding road that will ultimately lead to construction of new rules.”

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
We were told this was big, wide spread, more to come. Yet no new names have surfaced that I’m aware of and few people even remember this .

Too much money for the system to fail.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Another update today from Associated Press...

NEW YORK — A lawyer says ex-Oklahoma State assistant basketball coach Lamont Evans plans to plead guilty to a conspiracy bribery charge.

One of his attorneys, Johnny McCray, says Evans will plead guilty Wednesday in New York federal court.

McCray says Evans will admit accepting $22,000 in bribes to steer South Carolina and Oklahoma State players to certain financial advisers and business managers.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
With no trial - there is not going to be public testimony. Any violations for their schools now rest with the NCAA.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
What are the possible and probable ramifications this could have on OSU?
Nothing is going to happen to OSU. There aren't any accusations that someone signed here because of getting paid by Evans. Only that he tried to steer a couple of players toward an agent. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But I'm .00001% worried that OSU is going to suffer any real consequences for this.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
In terms of Underwood, what could/would happen to him? Illinois tells him, "hey, don't do that again" and moves on?
Illinois would probably love to be able to use this against Underwood to get rid of his a$$. They are 6-14 right now. Dude had that amazing .981 winning percentage in the Southland conference and now has a .182 percentage in the Big 10. Funny stuff.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Update from Mark Cooper...

STILLWATER — In his core, Mike Boynton still believes Lamont Evans is a good person “caught up in a tough situation.”

The Oklahoma State men’s basketball coach was asked about Evans on Thursday after the former OSU assistant pleaded guilty Wednesday to conspiring to commit bribery in the FBI’s investigation of bribery and corruption in college basketball.

“I still continue to pray for him and his family,” he said.

“As it related to our program, we’ve moved forward,” Boynton said. “We’ve dealt with what we needed to. We’ve been as cooperative as we needed to be, and we’ll see what happens next.”