Kstate predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 29, 2016
US
KSU is playing at a very high level. If the Pokes do not match, it's not gonna be a fun time. Our passing game isn't necessarily strong, so I understand why Gundy addressed the need to establish a run prior to the start of the Texas game. And the 19-out-of-32 completions backed that up. As we all know, the running game was not good against Texas.

KSU has been dominant in stopping the run. It will be up to Sanders and his accuracy and decision making. We can't keep relying on the 'hail Mary' type of pass to keep bailing the offense out.

I, for one, hope and pray we see a few screen passes in the game and season. If not, our offense will not be good enough to win in the Big 12.

OSU: 38
KSU: 41

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
KSU is playing at a very high level. If the Pokes do not match, it's not gonna be a fun time. Our passing game isn't necessarily strong, so I understand why Gundy addressed the need to establish a run prior to the start of the Texas game. And the 19-out-of-32 completions backed that up. As we all know, the running game was not good against Texas.

KSU has been dominant in stopping the run. It will be up to Sanders and his accuracy and decision making. We can't keep relying on the 'hail Mary' type of pass to keep bailing the offense out.

I, for one, hope and pray we see a few screen passes in the game and season. If not, our offense will not be good enough to win in the Big 12.

8 yards per attempt is good enough to keep doing it.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Good afternoon; here's a recap of our OSU football coverage so far this week...

Frank Bonner II on team moving on from last weekend...

“I get home and my 14-year-old scolds me. ‘Who’s the moron who called the fake field goal? Why don’t you run the quarterback sneak,’ and 19 other things,” Gundy said. “Most of what he says is correct, but I have to take all that into consideration based on what’s transpired and make the best decisions to move forward.”

“College football is all about that one’s over no matter what happens and you’ve got to get to the next one,” Gundy said he told his team. “We try not to take celebrations and disappointment into next week and let it affect our play.”

“You can’t throw all your eggs in one basket. You have to be consistent every Saturday, during practice, during preparation and so I gave them the message. After the game, I told them what I thought we did wrong, told them where I thought the coaches failed. As an organization we live it, we come back but Sunday it’s over. Guys that need treatment get treatment, we have our meetings, we start preparing for Kansas State and go on down the road.”
I hope you all have seen Bruce Plante's cartoon on Monday's press conference. If not, here it is.

Bill Haisten on Mike Gundy's Monday conference...

During a Monday news conference at Boone Pickens Stadium, I asked Gundy whether his 10-minute presence on the Big 12 teleconference is mandatory or voluntary.

“I don’t know,” Gundy replied. “Can I get out of that? I need to find out. Really, I don’t know if by contract I’m really obligated.”

Gundy then revisited his morning moment with the Austin writer.
Kolby Harvell-Peel was named Big 12 defensive player of the week...

Harvell-Peel has the third-most tackles on the team with 27 tackles this season. He just earned the first conference defensive player of the week award of his career and the first of the season for the OSU defense headed by defensive coordinator Jim Knowles.

It’s the third overall weekly conference award for the Cowboys with running back Chuba Hubbard and quarterback Spencer Sanders winning honors earlier this season.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
KState is a pretender. Texas is a Contender. We were right there w/ Texas. We are somewhere in between. Pokes at home in a night game. Mississippi State is trash and will be post Mullen.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

8 of those incompletions came in the 4th quarter when we were down by 2 scores and trying to make a comeback. Prior to 4th quarter Sanders was 16 for 20. In my opinion at least, our passing game was doing fine until we relied so heavily on a rushing game that wasn't working that we got to do or die time and I would image that put more pressure on Sanders (which I'm sure he'll handle better as he matures). I'm more concerned with why we ran Chuba into a brick wall 37 times than I am with the rest of what happened...

I'm nervous about this next game and it's primarily because of the play calling decisions of the last game. I'm concerned about a repeat of them spending the whole game to establish the run for the sake of establishing the run and at the cost of points not getting on board...

Nov 6, 2010
Gundy has usually followed a bad game plan with a good one, which is why I'm optimistic about Saturday. It was after the Kstate debacle last year that we beat Texas, so I think we just flip that this year.

Feb 18, 2009
Kstate will take all the air out of the ball.

Skylar Thompson can’t wait to play us again.

Could easily end up with no more than 2 possessions per quarter. Don’t see us converting enough of them to TD’s.

27-38

Last edited:

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Skylar Thompson is 2-0 against the pokes.,..it will be 2-1 after Saturday. Pokes win in front of a big crowd for Boone.
In 2017 we just let a receiver run behind everybody (three times).
Last year the Corndog had his worst carrer performance.

The one thing in common with both of those games is that each was our worst loss of the season.

Nov 21, 2011
Stillwater
I personally see a 10-14 point win for the Pokes. I believe your playmakers (Sanders, Hubbard, Wallace) will be too much for K-State. I plan on taking the family to the game Saturday so would love to see some fireworks from OSU.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Kansas State is probably the best team remaining on our schedule until Bedlam. A win Saturday and we can start feeling REALLY good about where this season is headed. A loss and it puts games with Baylor/Iowa State/TCU very much in the toss-up category.

Nov 6, 2010
Kansas State is probably the best team remaining on our schedule until Bedlam. A win Saturday and we can start feeling REALLY good about where this season is headed. A loss and it puts games with Baylor/Iowa State/TCU very much in the toss-up category.
I tend to agree, but Iowa St is a toss up regardless. We should throttle TCU and Baylor at home.