Knowles a bad hire

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Not sure I’m there yet. This wasn’t a good outing though.

Tim Duffie and Dan Hammerschmidt have been stealing from the university with their quality coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
His scheme has led to us leading the nation in sacks. Our rushing defense ranks 37th nationally. Our passing defense ranks 108th nationally. Our secondary isn't getting the job done. There's no excuse for that consider Duffie and Hammerschmidt have been here for years and they're coaching players they recruited.

Sep 6, 2011
Not sure I’m there yet. This wasn’t a good outing though.

Tim Duffie and Dan Hammerschmidt have been stealing from the university with their quality coaching.

D-line coach is the only dude on that side of the ball worth keeping around. The rest can't coach a lick. Hell, look at Green - kid came in with great size, a ton of talent and decent coverage skills. A little over a year of coaching from this staff and he can't stay within 5 yards of his own shadow. Defensive players are regressing under this staff, not improving. I hate to say it, but I honestly wonder if Gundy even cares now that he conned Holder into giving him yet another salary bump.

Oct 30, 2007
Yurcich is beyond horrible. He actually plays to his players weaknesses. 5 years to develop TC and he has done TC a great disservice. The recruits are already piling up at the exits but Gundy flips his hair and slurps his icee.

Both losses this year are one hundred percent on the coaches.

Oct 30, 2007
If knowles makes KSU’s 9th string QB who joins the team on Tuesday before the game look like another heisman finalist, then time for the hot seat.

Posse85

Greenhorn
Sep 24, 2017
Stillwater
Henson needs to go. What did we give, 10 sacks? Some because corndog couldn't make a quick decision. But our o-line is killing us. If we don't control the trenches we can't control the game.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Henson needs to go. What did we give, 10 sacks? Some because corndog couldn't make a quick decision. But our o-line is killing us. If we don't control the trenches we can't control the game.
As much as that would seem like the easy fix, he was left with some of the worst talent in the big 12. Honestly, I would trade Kansas for their offensive line. The last two idiot OC have decimated our offense line to where we would be better of finding walkons. This is the bottom
Of the barrel for oline men. We should have some better players come in next year but Knowing us we will redshirt them and not play them.

Apr 7, 2006
Knowles isn’t coaching players to let receivers run past them or jump at ball fakes. Henson was given a trash line to work with. It takes time to replace your line. I think the biggest coaching issue is the general lack of focus. Mentally this team is weak and that’s been a consistent problem.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Knowles isn’t coaching players to let receivers run past them or jump at ball fakes. Henson was given a trash line to work with. It takes time to replace your line. I think the biggest coaching issue is the general lack of focus. Mentally this team is weak and that’s been a consistent problem.
If by mentally weak, you mean the o line misses easy assignments so badly even the announcers talk about how they're easy to confuse, sure. That's not a talent issue, at least not physically. That's either the coach is that bad or the players are that dumb. Which do you think it is?

Several players kept fighting despite absolutely moronic coaching decisions. The first half time out management looked like freaking Les was on the sideline. That was embarrassing and the players fought back.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
because Yurcich didn't give him a safety valve---everyone went out on a long developing route....WTH? With our OLine why TC isn't rolling out each & every time, I'll never know.

Oct 30, 2007
because Yurcich didn't give him a safety valve---everyone went out on a long developing route....WTH? With our OLine why TC isn't rolling out each & every time, I'll never know.
We also did well when throwing quick short passes to our very good play makers in space, so of course Mike and Mike better known as dumber and dumbest abandoned that plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2005
Dallas
If by mentally weak, you mean the o line misses easy assignments so badly even the announcers talk about how they're easy to confuse, sure. That's not a talent issue, at least not physically. That's either the coach is that bad or the players are that dumb. Which do you think it is?

Several players kept fighting despite absolutely moronic coaching decisions. The first half time out management looked like freaking Les was on the sideline. That was embarrassing and the players fought back.
Speaking of Les, I believe he’s still available.

Apr 27, 2006
Where is the aggressive, blitzing put pressure on the offense, defensive theory we heard about all year? I’d rather go down swinging.

Same place it went with all our other coordinators, away per Gundy's instructions.