Kingsbury to Arizona

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Independent of location and weather, who would someone choose: us...or USC? If it came down to just those two schools...

Of course, I hope us. We are better positioned to have a stronger offense. I don't know why someone would say no to that.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Independent of location and weather, who would someone choose: us...or USC? If it came down to just those two schools...

Of course, I hope us. We are better positioned to have a stronger offense. I don't know why someone would say no to that.
:blink: I think you might have missed the post...

Nov 6, 2010
To me this just puts an exclamation point on the recruiting argument. Not good enough to coach at Tech, but good enough to be the head coach of an NFL team?? Just look at what happened to Lord Saban last night when faced with a team with equal talent. Similar results to his NFL career, average at best. College football is 80% recruiting and 20% coaching.

Nov 8, 2013
To me this just puts an exclamation point on the recruiting argument. Not good enough to coach at Tech, but good enough to be the head coach of an NFL team?? Just look at what happened to Lord Saban last night when faced with a team with equal talent. Similar results to his NFL career, average at best. College football is 80% recruiting and 20% coaching.
And 90% of recruiting is where you are.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
How is it that a mediocre, at best, college coach has been so highly sought after by NFL teams?
His mentoring of Mahomes sure ain't hurting him.

Here in Denver, there's a couple of radio guys that have been drooling over him for a week now. I'm driving & listening to them thinking "you guys really think a guy who couldn't win in college is the best choice to be an NFL head coach??" It'd be one thing if it was an OC position.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
..... thinking "you guys really think a guy who couldn't win in college is the best choice to be an NFL head coach??" It'd be one thing if it was an OC position.
I don't think I'll ever forget the statement from the NFL DC when Steve Spurrier took over the Washington Redskins.... they were walking together onto the field for the first practice and Spurrier said to him "Coach which end of the field do you want?". The DC replied, "Coach, we only have 55 players in the NFL, we have to practice together"...

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I love that the NFL is beginning to embrace the Big 12 style of play. I find SEC and NFL defensive battles to be boring. I went to the Colts/Jaguars game this year that ended 6-9. So boring. Maybe KK can move the NFL a little more toward being an offense oriented league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
How is it that a mediocre, at best, college coach has been so highly sought after by NFL teams?
It's the NFL. They can draft all of the best defensive talent from the college ranks and build a good defense, while Kingsbury is busy writing up offensive plays and schemes. Remember, he's known for his offensive coaching abilities.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I love that the NFL is beginning to embrace the Big 12 style of play. I find SEC and NFL defensive battles to be boring. I went to the Colts/Jaguars game this year that ended 6-9. So boring. Maybe KK can move the NFL a little more toward being an offense oriented league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It actually ended 6-0. I know because I'm a Colts fan. :/

But how do you hate defense? It is JUST AS important to stop the other team from scoring, as it is for your team to score. Why do you want the other team scoring?