Kidnapping Governors

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Holy Balls! Anyone can make a felony arrest in Michigan?
Apparently so. However, in this particular case you would have to know that a felony has been committed. Alleging, under some specious theory would be insufficient. Citizens can assist officers in Oklahoma, but I can't find a "citizen's arrest" law. In Ohio it appears that citizens can "detain until a warrant" is obtained.

THE CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE (EXCERPT)
Act 175 of 1927

764.16 Arrest by private person; situations.
Sec. 16.

A private person may make an arrest—in the following situations:
(a) For a felony committed in the private person's presence.
(b) If the person to be arrested has committed a felony although not in the private person's presence.
(c) If the private person is summoned by a peace officer to assist the officer in making an arrest.
(d) If the private person is a merchant, an agent of a merchant, an employee of a merchant, or an independent contractor providing security for a merchant of a store and has reasonable cause to believe that the person to be arrested has violated section 356c or 356d of the Michigan penal code, Act No. 328 of the Public Acts of 1931, being sections 750.356c and 750.356d of the Michigan Compiled Laws, in that store, regardless of whether the violation was committed in the presence of the private person.

History: 1927, Act 175, Eff. Sept. 5, 1927 ;-- CL 1929, 17150 ;-- CL 1948, 764.16 ;-- Am. 1988, Act 19, Eff. June 1, 1988

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Anarchists don't really wear uniforms per se, but it seems a slight skew to the right.
They are neither right or left. They skew nowhere. Anarchists are what we should all be United against. They are for no government. Which brings in totalitarian government. They are morons just for that alone. Getting anarchy gets the opposite. Every time

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The only political party leaders I know of who have offered to pay or support bail for people who have committed crimes in these riots are on the left.

Campaign staff for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden are advertising their donations to a group that pays bail fees in Minneapolis.

Kamala Harris tweeted support for a bail fund for violent rioters in Minnesota

New York Democrats redirecting contributions from police to bail funds

When I do the exact same search, just swap out Democrat for Republican, I get nothing of this.