Kevin Stitt’s Education Board Appointee

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The harms to our state from a governor who was unethical in business prior to being elected and is showing a similar lack of ethics now in the conduct of state business, along with a side of delusional behavior, are ignored by the typical posters around here. The taxpayers of Oklahoma will be paying for this for a very long time. This governorship is easily a 10-year setback to the progress of our state.
Even sadder is the fact that because there is an (R) next to his name, it doesn't matter how crazy he gets, he will get re-elected if he wants it.

Mar 11, 2006
The harms to our state from a governor who was unethical in business prior to being elected and is showing a similar lack of ethics now in the conduct of state business, along with a side of delusional behavior, are ignored by the typical posters around here. The taxpayers of Oklahoma will be paying for this for a very long time. This governorship is easily a 10-year setback to the progress of our state.
Even sadder is the fact that because there is an (R) next to his name, it doesn't matter how crazy he gets, he will get re-elected if he wants it.
Quite possibly, IMO, one of the better leaders we have at any level is Stitt. I have been impressed with him. Have I agreed with everything he has done ...no, but I like his honesty and his push for transparency.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Quite possibly, IMO, one of the better leaders we have at any level is Stitt. I have been impressed with him. Have I agreed with everything he has done ...no, but I like his honesty and his push for transparency.
Then you have absolutely no idea the fraud and waste happening in our government. I know first hand. I know you always argue with me but this is something that I know very well.

Honesty and push for transparency? Look at what he has done to all of the communication departments of the state agencies. Nevermind taking non-political career people with experience and replacing them with inexperienced friends at far higher salaries and then adding assistants because they do not know what they are doing. But, it gives better control of information release. You could not be further off base on this. It is the polar opposite of what you are saying. I know you won't believe me and I can't release exactly how I know this, but I do. It isn't partisan. It is just poor government.

Mar 11, 2006
Then you have absolutely no idea the fraud and waste happening in our government. I know first hand. I know you always argue with me but this is something that I know very well.
t.
I agree there is fraud and waste happening in government. What fraud and waste is Stitt responsible for starting?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I agree there is fraud and waste happening in government. What fraud and waste is Stitt responsible for starting?
He obtained control of the hiring and firing at agencies and has been dismantling agencies and replacing them with people with "business" experience, ie, made more than a $1 million by the age of 30 but without any experience in the agency they have taken over. And, if it was only the execs that might not be too bad. But, instead the firing is occurring at many levels and they are replacing experienced non-political people with people without degrees or experience who are political followers. And, frequently paying them more and giving them a new assistant as they aren't able to do the job. I know of a situation of the removal of a head of a department who was replaced at a higher salary and then the replacement was given an assistant at the salary of the former head.

Sure, what is in the newspaper about accountability and transparency sounds great. It just does not appear to be what is happening in the trenches at all.

Mar 11, 2006
He obtained control of the hiring and firing at agencies and has been dismantling agencies and replacing them with people with "business" experience, ie, made more than a $1 million by the age of 30 but without any experience in the agency they have taken over. And, if it was only the execs that might not be too bad. But, instead the firing is occurring at many levels and they are replacing experienced non-political people with people without degrees or experience who are political followers. And, frequently paying them more and giving them a new assistant as they aren't able to do the job. I know of a situation of the removal of a head of a department who was replaced at a higher salary and then the replacement was given an assistant at the salary of the former head.

Sure, what is in the newspaper about accountability and transparency sounds great. It just does not appear to be what is happening in the trenches at all.
We see new leaders replace people all the time. That is not new and not a reason to say what he is doing is bad.
Stitt specifically campaigned on the fact he would run the government like a business. Replacing agency heads does not seem surprising to me.
Have the new people done something bad?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
We see new leaders replace people all the time. That is not new and not a reason to say what he is doing is bad.
Stitt specifically campaigned on the fact he would run the government like a business. Replacing agency heads does not seem surprising to me.
Have the new people done something bad?
No, I am not talking about the normal political level hirings and firings that occur. This is completely different.

You don't think being hired to do a job at a salary higher than the person you took over for then needing an assistant hired at the salary of the person you replaced because you can't handle it is bad?

I thought that was a pretty good example of bad but I guess you are fine with more than doubling of supervisory level salaries at state agencies. I suspect you will forget that next time you are whining about taxes.

I write:
And, if it was only the execs that might not be too bad. But, instead the firing is occurring at many levels and they are replacing experienced non-political people with people without degrees or experience who are political followers.
You respond:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
It appears you are going to defend him no matter I say what so carrying on this conversation is completely pointless. We get the government we deserve.

Mar 11, 2006
No, I am not talking about the normal political level hirings and firings that occur. This is completely different.

You don't think being hired to do a job at a salary higher than the person you took over for then needing an assistant hired at the salary of the person you replaced because you can't handle it is bad?

I thought that was a pretty good example of bad but I guess you are fine with more than doubling of supervisory level salaries at state agencies. I suspect you will forget that next time you are whining about taxes.

I write:

You respond:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
It appears you are going to defend him no matter I say what so carrying on this conversation is completely pointless. We get the government we deserve.
I wondered if your post was without substance. I was open to learn some things, but apparently you believe Stitt is bad because ..... we’ll just because.

I am not fine at all about government waste and spending too much on administration. I was happy to see that Stitt and the legislative leaders worked out a plan to reduce planned agency spending by 4% for 39 agencies for FY ‘21.

1) Who are the people that Stitt hired that needed an assistant to do the job because they couldn’t handle it? These are government people, you should be able to list at least one.

2) Where spending is up for front line workers but down considerably for administration....isnt that a good thing? (ie Dept of Ed)

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I wondered if your post was without substance. I was open to learn some things, but apparently you believe Stitt is bad because ..... we’ll just because.

You don't actually read my posts then respond. So, I can just keep quoting the post you respond to in response to what you say. So fun.

Mar 11, 2006
You don't actually read my posts then respond. So, I can just keep quoting the post you respond to in response to what you say. So fun.
i will try one more time.

* Who are the people he hired that needed an assistant to help because they couldn’t do the job?

If you are making this claim, you must know why you are claiming this. Don’t keep us in suspense, This should be VERY EASY for you to answer.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
Don’t forget the complete waste of time he spent fighting the tribes on the gambling agreements.

That’s probably going to hurt him politically more than anything else he’s done.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Don’t forget the complete waste of time he spent fighting the tribes on the gambling agreements.

That’s probably going to hurt him politically more than anything else he’s done.
You burn bridges with the Kingfisher Republican party that is not a good day. Isn't his dismissed board member connected to the Bellmon family?

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma

And money.

Sep 22, 2011
I think stitt has made a lot of bad decisions to stay true to his base and has done a lot of bad things to pay back all of the favors he owed people on the way to the governorship, but i do appreciate how he has resisted statewide lockdowns and mask mandates. Could have definitely been better at encouraging masks and taking the pandemic seriously though

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville

Exactly, what he did in negotiating new compacts with two new tribes is ILLEGAL. He did not have the authority to sign these new compacts.

Stitt is a lot of things, but being transparent and behaving ethically are not in that list.

But all he has to do to get re-elected here is to say "I love Trump and hate abortion!"