Kentravious Jones signs with OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Like the size, but he does need work. Footwork for one and he HAS to learn to go left hand when he is on that side of the rim. At the 1:50 mark is a perfect example of what will happen at the next level when he tries to go up with his right hand on the left side of the glass . These things can be worked out. Size cannot be coached. Hops appear below average but Glass could turn this kid into a beast.
Glass is football. Jake Manzelmann is the strength and conditioning coach for basketball.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Like the size, but he does need work. Footwork for one and he HAS to learn to go left hand when he is on that side of the rim. At the 1:50 mark is a perfect example of what will happen at the next level when he tries to go up with his right hand on the left side of the glass . These things can be worked out. Size cannot be coached. Hops appear below average but Glass could turn this kid into a beast.
Rob Glass is the Football S&C Coach not basketball

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper...

A successful recruiting weekend for Oklahoma State ended with the addition of a much-needed post player.

Kentrevious Jones, a 6-foot-10, 290-pound center who spent this past year at Quality Education Academy in North Carolina, has committed to the Cowboys.

Jones visited Stillwater this weekend and signed a letter of intent, becoming the third official member of OSU's 2018 class.
Link

Aug 16, 2012
The quote from his high school coach says he has great footwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just my opinion, but would disagree. Several of the clips show him traveling with multiple hop steps, turns into the defender, once resulting in a blocked shot, instead of a reverse pivot to make space. Not harping on the kid, he looks like he has a ton of potential, but he needs work. His coach is not going to talk bad about him.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
Just my opinion, but would disagree. Several of the clips show him traveling with multiple hop steps, turns into the defender, once resulting in a blocked shot, instead of a reverse pivot to make space. Not harping on the kid, he looks like he has a ton of potential, but he needs work. His coach is not going to talk bad about him.
I told you I drink.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Glass does football.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Sorry, didn't mean to pile on.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
Mar 8, 2010
A great get. Kind of shaped like Country and he turned out pretty good. I'm still excited about next year despite all the guys we lost. MB is the real deal and really seems to have embraced the Cowboy Culture. Maybe the bright lights of NY aren't the draw we feared they might be for him.