Kendal Yancy-Harris

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyVenus

An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2010
Norman, OK

William McEwan

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2011
I don't know if we would have room for him. I think this class is already going to be a bit of a squeeze as it is.

Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org
This article does not show us on the list of school contacting him:

Schools were already recruiting Kendal Yancy-Harris, but now he is officially on the market.
USC granted Yancy-Harris a release from his Letter of Intent.
A number of schools have already expressed interest in Yancy-Harris, a 6-3, 195-pound combo guard from Richardson (Texas) Berkner High School.
The list includes Connecticut, Texas, Texas A&M, Miami, Missouri, Providence, Xavier, Baylor, Auburn, Texas Tech, Arizona State, LSU, San Diego State, Virginia, Oregon, Houston, Creighton, Washington State and TCU.
Coaches from Xavier, Auburn, Texas Tech and TCU, Oregon and Texas A&M have recently watched Yancy-Harris play.

PistolChad

Galaxy Stranger
A/V Subscriber
Jun 23, 2004
Of course there will be room after the season is over if Ford wants this guy.

Heck, there will probably be room anyway. Somebody will transfer away.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Of course there will be room after the season is over if Ford wants this guy.

Heck, there will probably be room anyway. Somebody will transfer away.
Who do you think would transfer? We've got what seems to be a pretty solid core group and I can think of one guy on the team that it would make an ounce of sense to transfer out.

Too bad for Harris. Ya snooze ya lose.

Anaranjado

It is Stillwater, not Stilly.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2011
Denver, CO
Who do you think would transfer? We've got what seems to be a pretty solid core group and I can think of one guy on the team that it would make an ounce of sense to transfer out.

Too bad for Harris. Ya snooze ya lose.
I agree we have a solid core, especially compared to the last few years. Seriously, the last 3 years, i never knew who was going to be on our team the following season, regardless of class.
But, I think this is where basketball is a little different than football. Where we've seen Wick say no to guys who come begging after switching or turning down a scholarship, in BBall, it seems like it is relatively common for coaches to play with their roster spots and is more of a numbers game. I dont think Ford would have a problem taking someone off of scholarship if it meant getting KYH to OSU. CBB is cutthroat.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I agree we have a solid core, especially compared to the last few years. Seriously, the last 3 years, i never knew who was going to be on our team the following season, regardless of class.
But, I think this is where basketball is a little different than football. Where we've seen Wick say no to guys who come begging after switching or turning down a scholarship, in BBall, it seems like it is relatively common for coaches to play with their roster spots and is more of a numbers game. I dont think Ford would have a problem taking someone off of scholarship if it meant getting KYH to OSU. CBB is cutthroat.
Who do you think scholarship would get cut? We might already be in that situation with JPO, right? Or do we still have room?

Anaranjado

It is Stillwater, not Stilly.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2011
Denver, CO
Who do you think scholarship would get cut? We might already be in that situation with JPO, right? Or do we still have room?
i was thinking maybe Sager drops his scholarship to walk-on? or did he already do that? Maybe Gardner? This are just guesses.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
i was thinking maybe Sager drops his scholarship to walk-on? or did he already do that? Maybe Gardner? This are just guesses.
I was under the impression that Sager's scholarship was for last year, just a one year deal because we had the room at the time and also to reward his efforts. I could be wrong though..

If we cut Gardner's scholarship then that's pretty much the definition of cut throat. I don't like it, but maybe I'm not up to speed on how common or uncommon that type of move is across the college basketball landscape.

osu_cowboy_007

Territorial Marshal
Sep 21, 2008
Dallas
Total scholarship players that could be back for next year
1) So - Smart,Murphy,Forte
2) Jr - Cobbins,Williams,Soucek,Nash
3) Sr - Brown, Gardner

So if nobody leaves we only have 4 scholarships to give. I am pretty sure Ford is counting on Smart leaving for NBA and I can see someone like Soucek leaving for playing time.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011
Sager has played some solid minutes this year, it's too bad he can't get a scholly.

I can see someone like Soucek leaving for playing time.
This wouldn't bother me. He's pretty bad. We have seen no signs of the 3 point stroke that was on his highlight clips coming in, and he's constantly fouling when he is in the game.

osu_cowboy_007

Territorial Marshal
Sep 21, 2008
Dallas
Sager has played some solid minutes this year, it's too bad he can't get a scholly.

This wouldn't bother me. He's pretty bad. We have seen no signs of the 3 point stroke that was on his highlight clips coming in, and he's constantly fouling when he is in the game.
I really don't think both Soucek an Sager are scholarship worthy at a major D1 school.

wyzone

Banned
Banned
Nov 14, 2010
CC, Tx
Total scholarship players that could be back for next year
1) So - Smart,Murphy,Forte
2) Jr - Cobbins,Williams,Soucek,Nash
3) Sr - Brown, Gardner

So if nobody leaves we only have 4 scholarships to give. I am pretty sure Ford is counting on Smart leaving for NBA and I can see someone like Soucek leaving for playing time.
And Five freshmen coming in.....so we are already over if everyone come back.