Kalib Boone

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
With news of Yor and Hiddie leaving along with Ice and Cade staying, this sets up to be a huge leap year for Kalib Boone. He was looking at splitting the 5 spot with Yor this year. Now he's staring down 30 plus minutes a game at the 5 if he can stay out of foul trouble. He was very productive on a per minute basis in the second half of conference. The only downfall I see here was that Yor was good enough to keep Kalib accountable at practice and vice versa.

He can be what you are seeing as the NBA version of a 5. Ball screener and rim roller. I see lots of lobs at the rim for him from Ice and Cade. I hope Boynton and staff have been studying NBA offense and spacing this summer. It's how our team will need to play this year. I see Kalib really doing well in this type of set up.

Jun 14, 2011
I, too, worry about the lack of practice opponent. Also, we have ZERO depth now at the C and really, PF. I know Pena will be coming in, but I really think would be a good candidate for a RS to put on weight and improve. That said, the Boone's developed well as freshman in similar scenario. But I think Ka. Boone has quite a bit more raw talent than Pena based on what I have seen so far. I would be happy to be proven wrong on that.