K-State football protest

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
While I certainly agree people are going overboard in some instances, the whole _________ lives matter has already been discussed on here. If the sign had said something like "support police training" or something along those lines, it probably would have been a non issue. But when people use that exact phrasing, it is seen as mocking the BLM movement.
So a movement that has some major Issues with consistency can’t be mocked? Read their mission statement...if you haven’t. Imho it kind of deserves some mocking. I bet half those athletes don’t know the mission statement and what all that movement supports. If they did they wouldn’t all be so on board. Is what it is...

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Yeah, like I said, I have no idea how any of that works. I thought tik tok was were people went to make stupid dance and lip sync videos and post them online. This was what I referring to though....

Got it. Trump should ask his mentor Putin how to get it fixed.
Nah pretty easy solution would be to charge $5 to get in and donate all proceeds to the local police. You people hate the cops as much as you hate trump.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Back to the original uproar. The exact tweet by the student Jaden McNeil was “Congratulations to George Floyd on being drug free an entire month”

Lets find out the views on this board.

** Who on this board supports expulsion from a state university over this specific tweet?

John C

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Back to the original uproar. The exact tweet by the student Jaden McNeil was “Congratulations to George Floyd on being drug free an entire month”

** Who on this board supports expulsion from a state university over this specific tweet?
No.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Only if they expell every other kid or athlete who has made a joke in poor taste at someone elses expense on social media. He who is without sin cast the first stone!! The joke is both true, sad, and in poor taste and should not have been made. But, education is much better than expulsion, and it cannot be one way based on the almighty football teams opinion. To Bow to one viewpoint is dangerous to an institution that is supposed to be teaching and educating the youth of today on the virtues of tollerence and understanding. That understand has too go both ways. It would be an exteeem over reaction to over punish one side while the other side is held blameless when they do the same. Public lynching isn’t good no matter who is lynched.

Mar 11, 2006
That did provide good background. Still wondering ... what has that student done that is racist? Making a bad and mean spirited joke about Floyd is certainly not nice or classy...but racist?

I just watched a YouTube video of an individual counter protester holding up a sign that said “Police lives matter” and she was being screamed at. What are we becoming?
For some, it is not okay if you have a different opinion.
For some, there is a big need to feel victimized.
It has only been 1/2 day and I need to amend my post.

I originally typed, “For some, it is not okay if you have a different opinion”

I should have typed, “For some, it is not okay if you have a different opinion. It MUST align with us”

If you disagree, just Twitter search “Rachel Hill”. She is a women’s pro soccer player who had the audacity of standing during the national anthem. She is being dragged on Twitter for respectfully putting her hand on her teammate kneeling for the flag instead of also herself kneeling. For the far-left Woke crowd, standing for the flag is now offensive.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
So when does the school rival take to the tweets pretending to be a student and make racial slurs in order to get his rival's athletes stirred up ?

We all know the trolls here that say dumb stuff and then we start with the "dude, are you real ? recruits and their families read this board".

Or the million or so Dems that requested Trump's Tulsa Rally tickets . . ..
Freaking great point.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://twitter.com/yb060/status/1276990854452969473?s=21

“We are demanding that Kansas State University put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening or disrespectful action toward a student or groups of students”

So basically their demands have zero to do with the student’s tweets since the student did not tweet about a student or group of students.
That one demand is a good one and should be followed to the letter.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Freedom is speech is a fallacy, People cannot say what they want. Many things you say have consequences, can land you in jail or will cause you to be ostracized. I’m not sure why people keep arguing about a premise that really doesn’t exist and has NEVER existed.
Telling a tasteless joke can certainly lead to you being ostracized, not sure I've seen anyone argue differently. However telling a tasteless joke should NEVER land you in jail, hopefully I can assume that you won't argue differently.
Freedom of speech is about protecting speech from the government. KSU is a public University.

Jul 22, 2011
Just imagine how much worse this is going to get in the fall, the closer we get to the election.
Sports ain't happening this year.

OSU's post-season basketball ban still counts this year, even if there's no season!!

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

Of course not. Snowflake society is taking over and its ramping up the pace.

Honestly I hope if they DO remove that student that some student org comes together and filters through ALL of the athletes tweet or responses etc and if they ever say anything racist, use the N word etc. they better be removed as well since no matter your color you should be held to the same rules.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Of course not. Snowflake society is taking over and its ramping up the pace.

Honestly I hope if they DO remove that student that some student org comes together and filters through ALL of the athletes tweet or responses etc and if they ever say anything racist, use the N word etc. they better be removed as well since no matter your color you should be held to the same rules.
Why stop there, go through the social media accounts of every administrator at the college and make sure they are held accountable to their own ruling.

Nov 6, 2010
So a movement that has some major Issues with consistency can’t be mocked? Read their mission statement...if you haven’t. Imho it kind of deserves some mocking. I bet half those athletes don’t know the mission statement and what all that movement supports. If they did they wouldn’t all be so on board. Is what it is...
Be that as it may, you can't act surprised when people are passionate about something, whatever it is, and you mock their passion to their faces, then you're like to get some emotional responses.

Jun 28, 2011
Auburndale, Florida
Here are the players demands:

“allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening or disrespectful action toward a student or groups of students,"

Disrespectful action? Huh?

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws

Hell no. It was actually funny, not racist. The dude was a career criminal. Would I have said it? No. But the 1st Amendment should freakin' mean something. They need to teach more civics in school.

I "get" what Chuba did, I don't agree with it, but I get it. This? The Kansas State athletes look like a bunch of little crybaby b***hes. Grow up Wildcats, grow some thicker skin. Lord help them when they get into the REAL world of having to work for a living.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Here are the players demands:

“allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening or disrespectful action toward a student or groups of students,"

Disrespectful action? Huh?
Exactly. They would only have about 1000 students left by the second week in October and none by end of semester.

Students would get kicked out of the university for saying, "What a bone-headed foul." or "What was he thinking?" You just disrespected that player, turn in your books.

I think the "joke" was in poor taste, but this feels like a "hold my beer" moment by the player/team.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Plus anyone that posts something like that (bad "joke") and is involved at a high level of a lot of organizations, probably has a good idea of where the line is and doesn't cross it. Could be a financial windfall for him.