K-State football protest

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
https://twitter.com/yb060/status/1276990854452969473?s=21

“We are demanding that Kansas State University put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening or disrespectful action toward a student or groups of students”

So basically their demands have zero to do with the student’s tweets since the student did not tweet about a student or group of students.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
So when does the school rival take to the tweets pretending to be a student and make racial slurs in order to get his rival's athletes stirred up ?

We all know the trolls here that say dumb stuff and then we start with the "dude, are you real ? recruits and their families read this board".

Or the million or so Dems that requested Trump's Tulsa Rally tickets . . ..
If the democrats could get a million tickets why couldn’t the republican trump supporters? Who’s idea was it to sell a million tickets to a 19k seat arena. If it looks like a lie, smells like a lie its prolly a lie. Sounds like another excuse.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
If the democrats could get a million tickets why couldn’t the republican trump supporters? Who’s idea was it to sell a million tickets to a 19k seat arena. If it looks like a lie, smells like a lie its prolly a lie. Sounds like another excuse.
They don't sell tickets to those events. People put in requests for tickets. They say it was 1M requests.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
It looked like less than 10k there to me. A huge disappointment.
I get that. Did you not hear about bombardment of requests on Tik Tok or whatever the hell they did to troll the event? I don't know how that s*** works. It was even praised by AOC how these people trolled the event by flooding the system with requests. So that goes back to Big Daddy's post of...."Or the million or so Dems that requested Trump's Tulsa Rally tickets . . .."

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I get that. Did you not hear about bombardment of requests on Tik Tok or whatever the hell they did to troll the event? I don't know how that s*** works. It was even praised by AOC how these people trolled the event by flooding the system with requests. So that goes back to Big Daddy's post of...."Or the million or so Dems that requested Trump's Tulsa Rally tickets . . .."
I’m not on Tik Tok and that’s not a source of news for me so I didn’t hear that info. Should we expect better numbers at the next trump rally? Hopefully that loophole is closed going forward.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I’m not on Tik Tok and that’s not a source of news for me so I didn’t hear that info. Should we expect better numbers at the next trump rally? Hopefully that loophole is closed going forward.
Yeah, like I said, I have no idea how any of that works. I thought tik tok was were people went to make stupid dance and lip sync videos and post them online. This was what I referring to though....

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
https://twitter.com/yb060/status/1276990854452969473?s=21

“We are demanding that Kansas State University put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening or disrespectful action toward a student or groups of students”

So basically their demands have zero to do with the student’s tweets since the student did not tweet about a student or group of students.
Agreed...Who defines what's 'racist' in this proposal? Why is any group demanding that the University remove other people of their education for exercising their right to freedom of speech...shouldn't ideas be discussed at Universities rather than restricted? Would they want this policy turned around on them? Why so sensitive?

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

You are forgetting though that THEY want to be the only ones to decide what is threatening or disrespectful and to whom it is threatening and disrespectful, not you.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Agreed...Who defines what's 'racist' in this proposal? Why is any group demanding that the University remove other people of their education for exercising their right to freedom of speech...shouldn't ideas be discussed at Universities rather than restricted? Would they want this policy turned around on them? Why so sensitive?
Freedom is speech is a fallacy, People cannot say what they want. Many things you say have consequences, can land you in jail or will cause you to be ostracized. I’m not sure why people keep arguing about a premise that really doesn’t exist and has NEVER existed.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
That did provide good background. Still wondering ... what has that student done that is racist? Making a bad and mean spirited joke about Floyd is certainly not nice or classy...but racist?

I just watched a YouTube video of an individual counter protester holding up a sign that said “Police lives matter” and she was being screamed at. What are we becoming?
For some, it is not okay if you have a different opinion.
For some, there is a big need to feel victimized.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
That did provide good background. Still wondering ... what has that student done that is racist? Making a bad and mean spirited joke about Floyd is certainly not nice or classy...but racist?

I just watched a YouTube video of an individual counter protester holding up a sign that said “Police lives matter” and she was being screamed at. What are we becoming?
The demand for victimization seems to be outpacing supply.

Whoever made a mean spirited joke about Floyd has to be the biggest moron left on the planet.

I remember when someone made a crappy joke bout the (Remember the 10) plane crash. Now they're on their own and I'm not about to give a crap what their consequences were, but I was a little stunned. So many clever people online that attacked like Lord of the Flies. Within hours people dug into his social media accounts and found personal info about him. They contacted his church that had provided him a scholarship and I think he may have lost that scholarship as a result of his joke. They contacted his baseball coach, his school, and were literally talking about going to visit his parents at their home. It kind of freaked me out.

Nov 6, 2010

While I certainly agree people are going overboard in some instances, the whole _________ lives matter has already been discussed on here. If the sign had said something like "support police training" or something along those lines, it probably would have been a non issue. But when people use that exact phrasing, it is seen as mocking the BLM movement.

Mar 11, 2006
While I certainly agree people are going overboard in some instances, the whole _________ lives matter has already been discussed on here. If the sign had said something like "support police training" or something along those lines, it probably would have been a non issue. But when people use that exact phrasing, it is seen as mocking the BLM movement.
Yea, I am sure it was just the phrasing. LOL

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Freedom is speech is a fallacy, People cannot say what they want. Many things you say have consequences, can land you in jail or will cause you to be ostracized. I’m not sure why people keep arguing about a premise that really doesn’t exist and has NEVER existed.
Because it is the very first right awarded to the people by amendment in our constitution. Maybe that’s it?

Last edited: