K-State football protest

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So now K-State’s turn.
A student tweeted an insensitive remark about George Floyd and now players are refusing to play unless the University creates severe consequences for any student that makes statements that can be taken as racially offensive

Football may not happen anymore

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
So now K-State’s turn.
A student tweeted an insensitive remark about George Floyd and now players are refusing to play unless the University creates severe consequences for any student that makes statements that can be taken as racially offensive

Well it was fun while it lasted.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
So now K-State’s turn.

Just so we're clear on these severe consequences they are talking about, this would mean everybody regardless of their race would play by the same rules, right?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
So now K-State’s turn.

Just so we're clear on these severe consequences they are talking about, this would mean everybody regardless of their race would play by the same rules, right?
Definitely a case of "be careful what you ask for"...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
The tweet was in incredibly poor taste. That guy sounds like an ass. If KSU has a student policy that includes expulsion for rude and poorly timed jokes then he should be face that discipline.
But it wasn’t a threat nor did it glorify violence against someone. Are athletes going to refuse to participate every time they read or see something they disagree with? Why some people worry so much about what other people say or tweet, I don’t understand. Are some people’s minds and mental stability literally so weak that a tweet triggers that much? We are training people to be overly sensitive.

The term “snowflake” becomes more and more applicable.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
So now K-State’s turn.

I understand that normal liberal students on a campus tend to be fragile emotionally, but when did the athletes get that way. People are gonna disagree with you in life. Sometimes offensively. But disagreement can be good for dialogue sometimes. That's not the time to shut people up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
So now K-State’s turn.

Nope.
The rage mob always wants the punishment for those they disagree with only.
Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So when does the school rival take to the tweets pretending to be a student and make racial slurs in order to get his rival's athletes stirred up ?

We all know the trolls here that say dumb stuff and then we start with the "dude, are you real ? recruits and their families read this board".

Or the million or so Dems that requested Trump's Tulsa Rally tickets . . ..

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
So when does the school rival take to the tweets pretending to be a student and make racial slurs in order to get his rival's athletes stirred up ?

We all know the trolls here that say dumb stuff and then we start with the "dude, are you real ? recruits and their families read this board".

Or the million or so Dems that requested Trump's Tulsa Rally tickets . . ..
Oh it will happen. Bank on it.

Patron

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
120+ million dead USA citizens because of Wuhan virus per Dementia Joe @ this rate it will be 160+ Million by September. Gotta think social distance will become easier but free speech and free thought should be completely banned by December,

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
On A&M board they are saying that if season doesn’t happen they’ll claim a Top 15 poll finish since they are #12 in most pre-season polls.

Aggies gonna Aggie
I'm not in the mood to throw stones at that right now, if you know what I mean.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The tweet was in incredibly poor taste. That guy sounds like an ass. If KSU has a student policy that includes expulsion for rude and poorly timed jokes then he should be face that discipline.
But it wasn’t a threat nor did it glorify violence against someone. Are athletes going to refuse to participate every time they read or see something they disagree with? Why some people worry so much about what other people say or tweet, I don’t understand. Are some people’s minds and mental stability literally so weak that a tweet triggers that much? We are training people to be overly sensitive.

The term “snowflake” becomes more and more applicable.
It's this year's #metoo movement.