Justin "Brownface" Trudeau

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Doesn't matter he's progressive.

The current governor of Va can give him pointers on blackface and leading Dem candidate for President on red face.

Jul 22, 2011
1568898320002.jpg

This is Justin also, in blackface and afro. There’s at least a third other instance floating around out there as well. “Prime Minister Coonman”

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
He's a liberal, nothing to see here. They do not hold themselves to the same standards they hold conservatives. This story will die out and Trudeau will be just fine.
What standard difference is that? Is there a conservative politician that was removed from office by liberals for using blackface many years ago?
From what I've seen with the govs of Alabama and Virginia and the few others that have been called out, they offer up an apology claim they were young and stupid and move on. That is either party. Where is the difference that you are claiming?

Jul 22, 2011
What standard difference is that? Is there a conservative politician that was removed from office by liberals for using blackface many years ago?
From what I've seen with the govs of Alabama and Virginia and the few others that have been called out, they offer up an apology claim they were young and stupid and move on. That is either party. Where is the difference that you are claiming?
Megyn Kelly is not a politician, but I believe this is the double standard you're looking for. I don't even think she wore blackface, she was simply vaguely defending it.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Megyn Kelly is not a politician, but I believe this is the double standard you're looking for. I don't even think she wore blackface, she was simply vaguely defending it.
An NBC commentator (liberal network) getting heat for commenting about blackface is an example of a political double standard? And, as far as I know, she did exactly what I said, apologize and move on. Sorry, I don't get what you are saying.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
An NBC commentator (liberal network) getting heat for commenting about blackface is an example of a political double standard? And, as far as I know, she did exactly what I said, apologize and move on. Sorry, I don't get what you are saying.
She was fired, though. Wasn't she?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
She was fired, though. Wasn't she?
I didn't know as I don't follow her. Looking it up it looks like she was thinking about quitting anyway even before it happened. Even so, a celebrity who lists herself as a political independent fired from a business doesn't seem to be much to do with a claim of liberals looking the other way with liberals only.

The funny thing to me is these claims of partisan offense about supposed partisan offense are perfect examples of what they are complaining about. I really don't see how nonsense like this makes us better and the team sport/ tribal method of politics always fascinates me.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
I didn't know as I don't follow her. Looking it up it looks like she was thinking about quitting anyway even before it happened. Even so, a celebrity who lists herself as a political independent fired from a business doesn't seem to be much to do with a claim of liberals looking the other way with liberals only.

The funny thing to me is these claims of partisan offense about supposed partisan offense are perfect examples of what they are complaining about. I really don't see how nonsense like this makes us better and the team sport/ tribal method of politics always fascinates me.
It's a double standard double standard. And both sides are guilty.

Mar 11, 2006
Steross - anyone would have to wear massive blinders not to see a double standard.
This story is just one day old and already buried on many MSM websites.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The double standard is from the media, both in amount of coverage and level of outrage displayed.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Steross - anyone would have to wear massive blinders not to see a double standard.
This story is just one day old and already buried on many MSM websites.
Right. Thanks for coming down off that mountain of non-bias you live on to tell me the truth.:rolleyes:

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The double standard is from the media, both in amount of coverage and level of outrage displayed.
Show it.

Until I looked today trying to find out about Megan Kelly I had no idea that the very strictly conservative Alabama governor has done the exact same thing and it hit the media two weeks ago. Why would I at least have heard about the democrats but not even know about the republican if the media was burying it on dems? Where is the evidence that they are covering unequally if that storied died immediately.

Speaking of bias, we had a post when the dem governor did this. We have a post about a Canadian. Where is the post discussing the Alabama governor?

You guys are simply doing the exact same thing that liberals do when they call everything racist, it is just from the other side. And, yea, on other boards I am telling liberals that they are biased too. And, of course, they blame you, just like you blame them. It is interesting.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I'll admit to being guilty.....

I didn't even know about the Alabama governor. I think it's amazing either gov still have kept their jobs.

Mar 11, 2006
Show it.

Until I looked today trying to find out about Megan Kelly I had no idea that the very strictly conservative Alabama governor has done the exact same thing and it hit the media two weeks ago. Why would I at least have heard about the democrats but not even know about the republican if the media was burying it on dems? Where is the evidence that they are covering unequally if that storied died immediately.

Speaking of bias, we had a post when the dem governor did this. We have a post about a Canadian. Where is the post discussing the Alabama governor?

You guys are simply doing the exact same thing that liberals do when they call everything racist, it is just from the other side. And, yea, on other boards I am telling liberals that they are biased too. And, of course, they blame you, just like you blame them. It is interesting.
The Alabama Gov story was all over the news. It was headlines on many MSM sites. Just do a quick google. That story did not include pictures. It was a radio interview of her future husband describing how the future governor was dressed for a 1967 skit.

You realize your argument against the double standard is that you are admitting you are not informed? I think that is showing why you believe there is not a double standard. I wouldnt either if I selectively watched the news.

Serious question: do you believe the MSM treats conservatives politicians and policies the same/better/worse than liberals politicians and policies?