Justice Hill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Just caught his first pass on his first target of the season - 3 yds. Zero rushing attempts on the season. Hard to imagine he’ll keep his spot on the roster next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn’t this his first game this season? It will be interesting. Gus Edwards has solidified himself as the clear number 2 but he is a RFA this year. With the decline in production out of Ingram, I wouldn’t be surprised if they release him. That’s a $6m hit for an a below average runner.

Jul 9, 2004
Yeah, I suspect you're right. Being the 4th RB on the depth chart in an offense where the QB is the leading rusher in both attempts and yards is not ideal. Just not enough touches to go around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Gus Edwards will be gone most likely....Mark Ingram is aging and will be 32 next season. Safe to say they drafted Dobbins to be the bell cow...There's a chance they keep hill. What the Ravens need to do is evolve more on offense. If they can do that, they'll be legit superbowl contenders.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Probably because they got Dez for about $120K. That’s couch change for an NFL team. Just shows how bad Dez wants one last shot. Ultimate competitor. Definitely not doing it for the money...I hope.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Curios why they brought Dez in. I don’t think he has been targeted in two games. I guess he is insurance if injuries happen.
Yeah probably. The fact that he is on the roster and not practice squad shows they might be a little thin at that position.

I’d imagine they are waning him for get to speed before really utilizing him. Get him upto game speed 2 years off, don’t want an injury by rushing back. Also, get up to speed on the playbook, situational routes etc. Until then maybe block and keep a defense honest.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Just caught his first pass on his first target of the season - 3 yds. Zero rushing attempts on the season. Hard to imagine he’ll keep his spot on the roster next year.

Isn’t this his first game this season? It will be interesting. Gus Edwards has solidified himself as the clear number 2 but he is a RFA this year. With the decline in production out of Ingram, I wouldn’t be surprised if they release him. That’s a $6m hit for an a below average runner.
4th game. He’s playing special teams.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I could be wrong, but it looked like he was the primary 3rd down back and that he was heavily used for blocking and block/release. Seems like he has a pretty defined role.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Curios why they brought Dez in. I don’t think he has been targeted in two games. I guess he is insurance if injuries happen.
Big ravens fan here for awhile now. Miles Boykin was drafted to be our big bodied receiver that can make tough catches. Something we haven’t really had since Boldin. Boykin has been inconsistent, so I think we brought in Dez to possibly help with that role.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO

This is the future of Chuba Hubbard if he comes out this year. He will be picked in the later rounds (if picked at all). Chuba hasn't proven he can do anything without a great OLine.

I really think Chuba should stay one more year at least, to get his hype back. Of course, he won't and he'll be buried deep on the roster -- possibly on a practice squad.

Nov 6, 2010
This is the future of Chuba Hubbard if he comes out this year. He will be picked in the later rounds (if picked at all). Chuba hasn't proven he can do anything without a great OLine.

I really think Chuba should stay one more year at least, to get his hype back. Of course, he won't and he'll be buried deep on the roster -- possibly on a practice squad.
Is this PokeSaladAnnie?? Come on man. I agree he could have done a little better with his big year last year, but NFL scouts know what's what. And a huge Bedlam will eliminate any concerns!

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
Gus Edwards will be gone most likely....Mark Ingram is aging and will be 32 next season. Safe to say they drafted Dobbins to be the bell cow...There's a chance they keep hill. What the Ravens need to do is evolve more on offense. If they can do that, they'll be legit superbowl contenders.
for the life of me i can't seem to wrap my head around all the griping about the receiving corp at baltimore. they have a guy to take the top off, brown. they have a couple of te's to hold down the middle of the field. snead is a decent move the chains guy. imo the issue is the qb, who can't throw for crap outside the numbers. this squeezes the field so much. the only saving grace is jackson can pull it down and run like no one else. lack of passing ability limits their playmaking ability.

Feb 5, 2007
Benton, Arkansas
They are using Hill as on special teams more than anywhere and he has committed (2) 15 yard penalties so far. He is playing out of position but the staff is not happy about the penalties. Hill be at best the 3rd back in 2021 for the Raven as they will add FA or draft another guy. I wish Hill would be traded to a team who is desperate for a RB like Chicago.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Is this PokeSaladAnnie?? Come on man. I agree he could have done a little better with his big year last year, but NFL scouts know what's what. And a huge Bedlam will eliminate any concerns!
To be honest, LD looks more like an NFL RB than Chuba - he runs harder and tougher.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
Chuba has decent size and straight ahead speed. He doesn't have much wiggle in him to make tacklers miss. And when he is running parallel to the line of scrimmage he practically has to stop to make a cut upfield. I'm honestly surprised he's been as successful as he has.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
for the life of me i can't seem to wrap my head around all the griping about the receiving corp at baltimore. they have a guy to take the top off, brown. they have a couple of te's to hold down the middle of the field. snead is a decent move the chains guy. imo the issue is the qb, who can't throw for crap outside the numbers. this squeezes the field so much. the only saving grace is jackson can pull it down and run like no one else. lack of passing ability limits their playmaking ability.
This.

Lamar Jackson is a glass cannon. He is as explosive as anyone with the ball in his hands, he has a big arm and can chuck the ball down field. Hell he was MVP. However because he is so talented as a runner I don't think he has developed as a passer, especially in the intermediate throws. Which that works great when the defense can't adjust. Then you take a defense like KC that says, "ok Lamar, we're taking your running game off the table, beat us with your arm." Those are the games they lose. If he had the patience to allow the play to develop and the ability to hit those throws, Baltimore would be unstoppable.

Jul 9, 2004

He should not stay. A good showing at the combine will help him more than another year in college, IMO..

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
He should not stay. A good showing at the combine will help him more than another year in college, IMO..

Agreed. An old acquaintance was a scout for the Dallas Cowboys. He was there during the years with Dez, Orie Lemon, Joe Randle, etc. it was always interesting to hear his thoughts, but you are definitely right, the NFL doesn’t evaluate based on college hype.