Jussie Smollett charges dropped

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Neither of which is remotely equivalent to what he allegedly did. I would think that faking a hate crime for the sole purpose of gaining national spotlight to get yourself a pay raise might be treated a little differently but I guess not...
What he did and what they actually charged him with may be two different things. If the Police wanted this to stick they should have charged him with a higher level felony.

However in the grand scheme of law all they charged him with were disorderly conduct and filing a false police report.

gaining a national spotlight to try to get yourself a pay raise isn't against the law....and his method of "being attacked" wasn't against the law. Just filing a police report and the disorderly conduct caused by it was illegal.

Just think....if this guy had just gone to twitter and made this claim and called the local media and told them to interview him over this claim without filing the police report....none of this would have been illegal at all...and you KNOW with him throwing Trump into the mix it would have received national exposure

It is completely legal to hire someone to hit you if you and the other party both agree on terms and it is completely legal to make an ass out of yourself on a global scale in hopes to get more money.
Of course the police didn’t charge him, or play in the decision what to charge him with. He was charged pursuant to a Grand Jury indictment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Lol. Now Smollett's lawyer is demanding the POLICE issue an apology to Jussie and is claiming the brothers wore white makeup.... I feel like I'm in upside down land...
I highly recommend that they try to sue then if they think the police are defaming his character. Please try to sue.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It's weird, I specifically remember you defending North Korea when Otto Warmbier was sentenced to 15 yrs hard labor for trying to steal a poster as a souvenir. But these charges...yeah, these are overblown. :derp:
The country has most laws that are punishable by death....Don't break their laws. Problem solved. If you go to a stupid country and play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Countries are free to make any laws they want to...it was one of the founding principles of the United States...to create the freedom to make their own laws..specifically about religion.

Don't like the laws don't go there. and especially don't go there and break a law if you do go.

You don't want an illegal alien to come here because that is breaking our laws and we demand very loudly they should obey all of our laws and face maximum punishment possible if they do break our laws...but an American can go to NK and break their laws and all of a sudden we want to tell another country how bad their laws suck and tell them they are too harsh.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Lol. Now Smollett's lawyer is demanding the POLICE issue an apology to Jussie and is claiming the brothers wore white makeup.... I feel like I'm in upside down land...
Absolutely unbelievable. The man has no conscious whatsoever. I'm beginning to wonder if people who continue to watch his show have one either.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The guy had charges dropped that were equivalent to getting a stalking charge or driving on a suspended licence dropped.
Neither of which is remotely equivalent to what he allegedly did. I would think that faking a hate crime for the sole purpose of gaining national spotlight to get yourself a pay raise might be treated a little differently but I guess not...
Especially considering all the police resources he wasted while they tried to investigate said fake crime.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited: