Judgement

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I agree with your sentiment that it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive from those that benefit from the medicinal properties and just use the loop hole but the med weed push is just the vehicle to get it legal and the evidence is in the claims for all it cures, the way it's distributed, and the immediate push from the lobby for recreational use after med laws are passed. My little home town now has 5 dispensaries......there are 10 restaurants....Walmart shut down the local pharmacy. There is no way the fine citizens have the 50% the demand for as many retailers of one single type of medicine as they do prepared food. When you do get your weed script you don't go to a pharmacy where someone with post graduate study in the science works with specially trained technicians to get carefully controlled or compounded meds you go talk to a stoner about candy, brownies, vape juice, strains that undergo no FDA testing for potency, side effects, or impact on your ailment. The doc doesn't say you need x amount of this property which can be found in x product at such such intervals a day to help with this specific ailment he gives you a script and the dude behind the counter says "hey man check this shit out"....."what king of high do you like for your pain, loss of appetite, anxiety, glaucoma, depression, bulimia, cancer, or nothing because there are no qualifying conditions."......or to your spot on antibiotic example even when prescribed recklessly you get an exact dosage and interval of time. Weed is the equivalent of calling the doc and saying I have a fever and them say "the maximum amount of antibiotics you can have is 72oz of edible form so go have that guy with no scientific training give you a 4.5 lb bag antibiotic candy of an any strength you like....you can get some penicillin bears but if you really want to kick it's ass check out the vanomycin rice crispy treats ."

Undeniably marijuana has medicinal uses and I think it is great especially that people are turning to it instead of opioids......hemp has a shit ton of commercial uses......recreational weed is less dangerous in pretty much every way than the abuse of alcohol......we have wasted billions on enforcement. I'm for the outright legalization of it.....but that's what the medical movement is about. It's the immediate next step in every state that opens the door through the medical avenue.
I agree with the waste part, & have argued the prior point for years.

One thing to watch, though, is the public safety aspect of legalization in terms of traffic accidents. I don't pretend to know how strong or if there's any correlation, but Colorado saw an increase in traffic fatalities for 5 straight years following legalization.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I agree with your sentiment that it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive from those that benefit from the medicinal properties and just use the loop hole but the med weed push is just the vehicle to get it legal and the evidence is in the claims for all it cures, the way it's distributed, and the immediate push from the lobby for recreational use after med laws are passed. My little home town now has 5 dispensaries......there are 10 restaurants....Walmart shut down the local pharmacy. There is no way the fine citizens have the 50% the demand for as many retailers of one single type of medicine as they do prepared food. When you do get your weed script you don't go to a pharmacy where someone with post graduate study in the science works with specially trained technicians to get carefully controlled or compounded meds you go talk to a stoner about candy, brownies, vape juice, strains that undergo no FDA testing for potency, side effects, or impact on your ailment. The doc doesn't say you need x amount of this property which can be found in x product at such such intervals a day to help with this specific ailment he gives you a script and the dude behind the counter says "hey man check this shit out"....."what king of high do you like for your pain, loss of appetite, anxiety, glaucoma, depression, bulimia, cancer, or nothing because there are no qualifying conditions."......or to your spot on antibiotic example even when prescribed recklessly you get an exact dosage and interval of time. Weed is the equivalent of calling the doc and saying I have a fever and them say "the maximum amount of antibiotics you can have is 72oz of edible form so go have that guy with no scientific training give you a 4.5 lb bag antibiotic candy of an any strength you like....you can get some penicillin bears but if you really want to kick it's ass check out the vanomycin rice crispy treats ."

Undeniably marijuana has medicinal uses and I think it is great especially that people are turning to it instead of opioids......hemp has a shit ton of commercial uses......recreational weed is less dangerous in pretty much every way than the abuse of alcohol......we have wasted billions on enforcement. I'm for the outright legalization of it.....but that's what the medical movement is about. It's the immediate next step in every state that opens the door through the medical avenue.
Energy trading is mostly nonsense. Those guys act like they are performing an important activity but in the end they are just sitting around BSing with each other about chicks and football then making a trade or two which just gains them money with no benefit elsewhere in socieity..................

.......Now I like energy traders and think there is usefulness, but really it is just about taking money from others.

If this was a thread about energy trading and there were a bunch of people that knew only a little about it but thought it was BS I could keep writing and add some clever false analogies about Madoff or whatever and get a bunch of likes and agrees.

But, the truth is, I don't really know shit about energy trading. I know a little and could string together some thoughts full of stinging half-truths, but I really don't know enough to tell an energy trader what actually happens when he is at work. And, energy trading isn't even privacy protected.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Energy trading is mostly nonsense. Those guys act like they are performing an important activity but in the end they are just sitting around BSing with each other about chicks and football then making a trade or two which just gains them money with no benefit elsewhere in socieity..................

.......Now I like energy traders and think there is usefulness, but really it is just about taking money from others.

If this was a thread about energy trading and there were a bunch of people that knew only a little about it but thought it was BS I could keep writing and add some clever false analogies about Madoff or whatever and get a bunch of likes and agrees.

But, the truth is, I don't really know shit about energy trading. I know a little and could string together some thoughts full of stinging half-truths, but I really don't know enough to tell an energy trader what actually happens when he is at work. And, energy trading isn't even privacy protected.
What were the half truths..... cause when you get your weed script that’s what happens. Why is it treated completely differently than literally any other medicine? And If demand isn’t being driven by those that have no medicinal need then why is there a dispensary on every corner and why aren’t actual pharmacies folding.....are they not in direct competition? I mean there are now merchants at a rate of 3 or 5 to 1 selling a cheaper product that doesn’t mess require insurance and cures everything.....you would think that would shut them down.

Like I said legalize it....but let’s call a spade a spade. People like to get high there wasn’t a overwhelming demand for a super drug that claims to fix damn near everything. If it really did all they say big pharma would have been out in front if this by years but the claims would never meet FDA muster.

To your analogy directed at me personally...... you are right. There are private hedge shops that don’t own a stitch of power or serve a Kw of load they simply bet against the market financially for personal gain. They don’t represent the majority of the market though or there would 5 hedge shops in every small town. And we do BS about chicks and football a lot.:p

Last edited:

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
What were the half truths..... cause when you get your weed script that’s what happens. Why is it treated completely differently than literally any other medicine? And If demand isn’t being driven by those that have no medicinal need then why is there a dispensary on every corner and why aren’t actual pharmacies folding.....are they not in direct competition? I mean there are now merchants at a rate of 3 or 5 to 1 selling a cheaper product that doesn’t mess require insurance and cures everything.....you would think that would shut them down.

Like I said legalize it....but let’s call a spade a spade. People like to get high there wasn’t a overwhelming demand for a super drug that claims to fix damn near everything. If it really did all they say big pharma would have been out in front if this by years but the claims would never meet FDA muster.

To your analogy directed at me personally...... you are right. There are private hedge shops that don’t own a stitch of power or serve a Kw of load they simply bet against the market financially for personal gain. They don’t represent the majority of the market though or there would 5 hedge shops in every small town. And we do BS about chicks and football a lot.:p
My assessment is correct and so is yours. But, both of our responses are only correct that it is only part of the market.

There are people using weed illegally. There are people using weed under the guise of medicine while they are really just getting high ( similar to opiates and benzodiazepines). But, your assessment of what happens at the doctor is generalizing from an incomplete and incorrect sample.

Big pharma screwed the pooch in this because they did not understand it. They are now trying to play catch up. Look at the ingredient list of marinol vs sativex to understand.

The reason this is treated differently than other medication is based in racism and $$$$. The AMA did not have enough lobbying power in the 1930s when this was made not a medication by congress despite the AMA president testifying against the scheduling. It is the only schedule 1 med with obvious uses and a massively benign safety profile. The reason it isn’t treated like other meds is that it doesn’t work as well as individual molecules and a huge dose of politics.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
My assessment is correct and so is yours. But, both of our responses are only correct that it is only part of the market.

There are people using weed illegally. There are people using weed under the guise of medicine while they are really just getting high ( similar to opiates and benzodiazepines). But, your assessment of what happens at the doctor is generalizing from an incomplete and incorrect sample.

Big pharma screwed the pooch in this because they did not understand it. They are now trying to play catch up. Look at the ingredient list of marinol vs sativex to understand.

The reason this is treated differently than other medication is based in racism and $$$$. The AMA did not have enough lobbying power in the 1930s when this was made not a medication by congress despite the AMA president testifying against the scheduling. It is the only schedule 1 med with obvious uses and a massively benign safety profile. The reason it isn’t treated like other meds is that it doesn’t work as well as individual molecules and a huge dose of politics.
My stoner buddy from high school is a “bud tender” at a dispensary. He didn’t graduate high school and advises people on a prescription drug. They would set up a tent for people to see the dr and start the card process. The employees would fill out everything and the dr would bless it..... they would crank people out with the efficiency of a chik fil a drive through. So no I’m not incorrect on how one gets a card....or at least can get one ...not a finite script that requires further examination a card. After you get it you go see Smokey.

It’s treated differently because the huge populous that like to smoke weed found something they care enough to vote for. You know a shit ton of the claims aren’t backed by real science and the ones that are lose validity in the way it’s treated at the consumer level. I mean what other medicine has concerts, seminars at the Holiday Inn, conventions like CannaCon?

Oklahoma has 1772 dispensaries listed on ok.govs list. That’s 23 per county.... In the 15-16 annual report the state dept of Ed said there were 1795 schools in the state. It’s been legal a year and change. In a couple of election cycles the hundreds of thousands that have cards will vote it legal recreationally and “science” behind the “medicine” won’t matter.

It’s 85/15 stoner to real medicine at best. Probably more like 95/5.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
???
Is there any topic in the world that people can’t spin as racist?
It was the 1930s. It was racist. Are you trying to claim that there was no racism in the 1930s when it began being treated different than other medications. :derp:Talk about spin, no racism in 1930s America, who knew?:derp:

Mar 11, 2006
Because something happened in 1930 ones not mean it’s racist. I am open to learn. Tell me why racism is to blame?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Because something happened in 1930 ones not mean it’s racist. I am open to learn. Tell me why racism is to blame?
Nah, look it up yourself. If you are going to cut up my post to pull out a comment to try to be rude about it when the reality is you don't know what you are talking about, don't come back with "tell me" and expect me to do it.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
My stoner buddy from high school is a “bud tender” at a dispensary. He didn’t graduate high school and advises people on a prescription drug. They would set up a tent for people to see the dr and start the card process. The employees would fill out everything and the dr would bless it..... they would crank people out with the efficiency of a chik fil a drive through. So no I’m not incorrect on how one gets a card....or at least can get one ...not a finite script that requires further examination a card. After you get it you go see Smokey.

It’s treated differently because the huge populous that like to smoke weed found something they care enough to vote for. You know a shit ton of the claims aren’t backed by real science and the ones that are lose validity in the way it’s treated at the consumer level. I mean what other medicine has concerts, seminars at the Holiday Inn, conventions like CannaCon?

Oklahoma has 1772 dispensaries listed on ok.govs list. That’s 23 per county.... In the 15-16 annual report the state dept of Ed said there were 1795 schools in the state. It’s been legal a year and change. In a couple of election cycles the hundreds of thousands that have cards will vote it legal recreationally and “science” behind the “medicine” won’t matter.

It’s 85/15 stoner to real medicine at best. Probably more like 95/5.
Wind and solar will power everything in our lives in the next few years. It is obvious. I've seen the graphs that show the huge increases while coal and nuclear fall away. Maybe 5% natural gas and 10% hydro and maybe 5% those nasty power generation ways. Or, they will go completely away. But, my friends in Maryland that work for the NRDC tell me that green is gonna take over. I've seen all the mills in Ok and offshore. I've seen all the solar panels in the Nevada desert. It is obvious to me and I don't care what you say with your energy business self it is just plain wrong cause I've seen the proof. IT is coming, people love it, fossil fuels are dinosaurs , hehehe.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
On a related note, to the actual original post, they released the findings of Tyler Skaggs autopsy today. Fentanyl, Oxycodone and alcohol resulted in his accidental overdose. Tragic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Nah, look it up yourself. If you are going to cut up my post to pull out a comment to try to be rude about it when the reality is you don't know what you are talking about, don't come back with "tell me" and expect me to do it.
Haha. Wow. Thought so. People love to yell “racist” even when there is nothing there.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Haha. Wow. Thought so. People love to yell “racist” even when there is nothing there.
Nice try.

You put up $100, I'll prove it to you. But no, I'm not going to google something I already know to spoonfeed you links just because you acted like a dickhead and made a baseless comment based on your preconceived, false notions.

Or, you can just stay ignorant of a well known fact and gather likes from the other oblivious ones who enjoy seeing their reality more that actual reality.

See, I know I am right about this. And, I suspect you already know that too as your responses are just blather, which is not your usual. And, your hope is that I will put up some silly Huffpo or Newsweek article so you can ignore what it says and claim biased sources. But, that isn't the reality. This is academically known from well before all the "you're racist" vs "no I'm not racist you just say I'm racist making you racist" stuff came along.

You saw a word and you got triggered. Your mistake. Instead of apologizing you want to try to make me work for you. No thanks.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
It's actually part of marijuana culture. It became illegal in part, because the Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men,”. All the way until 2015, where black and brown people were stopped and frisked more than whites in NYCs famous stop and frisk campaign.

Even the word marijuana was being used instead of cannabis, because it's the Spanish word. Believe it or not, back in the 30's, hispanics were not well received.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timeline.com/amp/p/fb5cbc281189

Great timeline on how it became the new fund generator after alcohol prohibition ended. All because of jazz and marijuana use among non whites. The federal government didn't schedule I it for your protection. Almost every instance of laws passing for "our" protection seem generally the opposite.

2017 the stop and frisk program revealed that almost 90% stopped were non white. So, racism not only played a role in structuring marijuana as illegal but continues until very recent times.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and-frisk_in_New_York_City

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Nice try.

You put up $100, I'll prove it to you. But no, I'm not going to google something I already know to spoonfeed you links just because you acted like a dickhead and made a baseless comment based on your preconceived, false notions.

Or, you can just stay ignorant of a well known fact and gather likes from the other oblivious ones who enjoy seeing their reality more that actual reality.

See, I know I am right about this. And, I suspect you already know that too as your responses are just blather, which is not your usual. And, your hope is that I will put up some silly Huffpo or Newsweek article so you can ignore what it says and claim biased sources. But, that isn't the reality. This is academically known from well before all the "you're racist" vs "no I'm not racist you just say I'm racist making you racist" stuff came along.

You saw a word and you got triggered. Your mistake. Instead of apologizing you want to try to make me work for you. No thanks.
No problem.

Mar 11, 2006
Nice try.

So to summarize. You make a wild comment about something being racist. I ask why is it racist. Rather than explain yourself and your position, you ask I explain why you are wrong. I will assume that you can’t.
So never mind. I understand you better now.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
The criminalization wasn’t racist, it’s widely known that Anslinger knew that his entire department was going to be eliminated at the end of prohibition. He had said years before he didn’t think it (mj) was of any danger or concern and it wasn’t, as long as his department had bootleggers to chase.
Selective prosecution, usually more associated with status and wealth rather than color of skin, makes the people who brought sketchy charges the culprit not racism.
Exploiting the vulnerable isn’t based on race it’s based on the evil of the one doing the exploiting and the desperation of the vulnerable.

Last edited:

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So to summarize. You make a wild comment about something being racist. I ask why is it racist. Rather than explain yourself and your position, you ask I explain why you are wrong. I will assume that you can’t.
So never mind. I understand you better now.
You “asked?” Sure.

???
Is there any topic in the world that people can’t spin as racist?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The criminalization wasn’t racist, it’s widely known that Anslinger knew that his entire department was going to be eliminated at the end of prohibition. He had said years before he didn’t think it (mj) was of any danger or concern and it wasn’t, as long as his department had bootleggers to chase.
Selective prosecution, usually more associated with status and wealth rather than color of skin, makes the people who brought sketchy charges the culprit not racism.
Exploiting the vulnerable isn’t based on race it’s based on the evil of the one doing the exploiting and the desperation of the vulnerable.
Anslinger said to Congress:
“I wish I could show you what a small marihuana cigaret can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents.”

Nah, no racism at all. I can get the idea of people these days overplaying racism. But, if you think there is no racism in what happen nearly 100 years ago, and not just Anslinger as there was far more to this than just him, that is simply delusion.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Anslinger said to Congress:
“I wish I could show you what a small marihuana cigaret can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents.”

Nah, no racism at all. I can get the idea of people these days overplaying racism. But, if you think there is no racism in what happen nearly 100 years ago, and not just Anslinger as there was far more to this than just him, that is simply delusion.
Anslinger has said years before that marijuana wasn’t of concern, I don’t remember the quote but he said something to the effect of, absurd fallacy, when he was asked about mj causing people to become violent or act strange. However when faced with losing his job, one he had only held for a short while, he changed course. Was Anslinger a racist, I don’t know and frankly, for all your googling, you don’t either.

What we do know is that he changed positions on the legality of the substance and that coincided with the prospect of the loss of a pretty cushy and highly compensated job.
I don’t know how the search function on this site works anymore I don’t seem to find much but I do know I posted about this in one of several thousand other threads on this topic.

You seem to go into attack mode a lot quicker than you used to or maybe I was just away so long it just seems that way.